Old 12-02-2008   #1
Homeinmyhead

Homeinmyhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down gta 4 pc graphics wont load

After the painful installation that rockstar provided for us i load gta iv start a new game and when i play it there are no textures i can only see city backgrounds car windows and lights ive tryed running it at the lowest settings and i get no textures i cant even see the player (niko) ive looked forum to forum and noone seems to have this problem....

please can anyone help me
specs

geforce 8600 gts

amd 64 x2 6000+

kingston 2 gig 1066

seagate 300 gb hdd

thank you

Last edited by Homeinmyhead; 12-02-2008 at 04:10 PM..
Homeinmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #2
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Can you take screenshot please?
Old 12-02-2008   #3
Homeinmyhead

i cant im trying to re-installing it right now

which probably wont do anything....

the textures and models don't load al,l i see is the skybox, lights, (from car or steetpost) windows from the cars and the water below the city i don't even see the roads.

when im finished installing ill post a screenshot
Old 12-02-2008   #4
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
What OS are you running it on? If it's XP, make sure you have SP3 installed. Not installing that seems to be the root of a lot of evil.
I'm getting it first thing tomorrow, it had better work.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #5
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
What operating system are you using?

Edit: heh, posted at the same time :p

The game doesn't even install without SP3 for XP I don't think. Are you using a 64bit version of the OS?

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #6
Homeinmyhead

Im running it on windows vista 32 bit
Old 12-02-2008   #7
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
This very issue has been reported over at GTA forums, so youre not the only one with this problem.

heres the thread: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=378702
Old 12-02-2008   #8
Homeinmyhead

yes thats exactly whats wrong with mine

thanks for finding that forum
Old 12-03-2008   #9
x_orange90_x
WildBlue Sucks!
Newbie Member

x_orange90_x is an unknown quantity at this point
i think its a memory issue..

i had the same exact problem, but i had only 1gig of RAM installed. i did a defrag (tons of red!!) and installed another gig of ram and it cleared up, all textures worked and appeared normal. i think its a memory isue, not being able to dump the textures fast enough and reload new ones.

check out my thread here:

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/in...howtopic=20657
x_orange90_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #10
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
homeinmyhead do you have the Latest Drivers and Direct X installed?

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote