Old 12-03-2008   #1
Jan
Newbie Member

Jan is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Mouse buttons

So I got gta4 today and found out you can't use the mousebuttons to walk forward/backward.
To me that means Ive wasted almost 50 euro today because Ive been playing games like that for over 10 years now and cant get used to the standard settings.
And why did Rockstar do this? With the other GTA releases I could always use mouse to walk forward and backward but not anymore...unless they change this in a patch.
Bad deal.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #2
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
First I've ever known of someone using a mouse to do that. I can't even begin to imagine that being comfortable.

If you're seriously having that much of an issue with it, try using software like Autohotkey. Good luck with figuring it out though.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #3
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe they omitted this important feature.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #4
SWATsqad

SWATsqad is on a distinguished roadSWATsqad is on a distinguished road
sarcasm* DDDDDDD
SWATsqad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #5
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
First I've ever known of someone using a mouse to do that. I can't even begin to imagine that being comfortable.

If you're seriously having that much of an issue with it, try using software like Autohotkey. Good luck with figuring it out though.
I agree, Mouse is good for Left / Right aim and turning the camera, but walking? heck no

and yea Autohotkeys is good, I had to use that on another PC games because the keyboard controls were locked in games for some reason :/

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #6
Jan
Newbie Member

Jan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Olin that worked fine.

LOL@ZCAB, what a clown.

@Nite that might be working for you but not for me ...

So didn't wast 50euro after all but I still think you should be able to remap keys ingame.

Last edited by Jan; 12-03-2008 at 06:37 AM..
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #7
NikoBellic911
Newbie Member

NikoBellic911 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh man first time i heard about someone that uses the mouse to walk forward or backward....
but I agree with Olin use the software Autohotkey. and good luck with figuring it out...
NikoBellic911 is offline   Reply With Quote