Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2008   #1
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Exclamation Check if your PC will run GTA IV

A new tool is available to check whether your system is capable of running GTA IV. FutureMark's "GameOMeter" gauges the performance of your system against the minimum and recommended requirements issued by Rockstar.

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10296/

My system (2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATi Mobility Radeon X2600 Pro) falls just below the minimum.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #2
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Another alternative is www.srtest.com - choose Grand Theft Auto IV.

They have had GTA IV there for a while now.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #3
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic View Post
Another alternative is www.srtest.com - choose Grand Theft Auto IV.
I was just about to post that you asshole.

I can't run GTA IV, in fact I think it will turn my laptop into an IED and send Australia to Kathy Bates' asshole if I tried to run it.

iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #4
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
I did the srtest.com, seems my ati hd2400xt will run GTA IV on minimum specs. I sure hope so, but is this test reliable? I mean, I have serious doubts about my GPU. It's no serious gaming card, that's why I'm buying a new one.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #5
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
If you formatted with XP, you'd have one less FAIL on that page ;p
Old 11-30-2008   #6
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I only fail on GFX card, and that's for most games, just got my new 800w PSU, so a new GFX card is only a matter of cash.

Sweet.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #7
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Wow, 800w? That seems like an awful lot haha.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #8
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
my system barely covers the min specs, and the Video Card will pass on recommended once I get my 9600 GT, due to it having more video ram than my 8800 GTS

Last edited by Nite; 11-30-2008 at 11:03 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #9
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Interesting. The second one says that I PASS, so it will be cool to see which one is right on Wendesday.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #10
phlipp
Mmmm, Onions

phlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished road
Man i know my comp cant run GTA 1V.
i mean come on. My comp makes a Tandy 1000 look like a super computer

Well it's clearly superior to my rig...
phlipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #11
Draven~
All I Can Be

Draven~ is on a distinguished roadDraven~ is on a distinguished roadDraven~ is on a distinguished roadDraven~ is on a distinguished road
Hell no, my laptop is horrible. Won't run it for sure.

Thank god for my PS3.
Draven~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #12
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Hahaha.

Old 11-30-2008   #13
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Lol nice zidane, your system and mine will be near identical in this game.
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #14
Zidane

Will SecuROM even let us run the game if it's actually below the min specs?
Old 11-30-2008   #15
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
SecuROM shouldn't have anything to do with it to be honest.

The README said that there were some graphical glitches with the nVidia 6xxx series of cards - they're below the minimum requirements, but the game still runs with them otherwise R* wouldn't have mentioned them in the readme.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote