Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2008   #31
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
i was thinking the same thing other games that were xbox exclusives came to pc as games for windows live right?
yeah but i dont really count them as exclusives, in my opinion exclusives cant be found on any other platform.
Old 11-29-2008   #32
Extremer
Addicted Member

Extremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to all
Too bad all of this copy protection is just a waste. Crackers will just crack it within a few days, if not hours. Oh well, I'm still buying it for multiplayer.
Old 11-29-2008   #33
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Wow... we really have to have our game in the drive? That sucks. Hopefully someting like Daemon Tools will work. I am a loyal and purchasing customer and I don't lend the game out to anyone, so I don't see why it's not possible to give us the feature of playing the game without the disc. I love the game a lot, and I collect all the GTA games, the last thing I want to see is my GTA IV disc being played to death by staying in the tray for a long time!
Because not everyone is like you *buys game* *Installs* *Takes game back to shop for full refund since Disc is not required to play* See the problem with that? Same thing with the NXE, people really are getting thick around here.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #34
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
people really are getting thick around here.
Are you surprised? I sure am not.

Also Fry; The word exclusive can be interpreted in many ways.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #35
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
Whoever is planning on pirating the game, I hope they don't expect to play multiplayer. Gonna need a key for that

Just buy the game. A lot less trouble in the end. With a pirated copy you constantly have to check for the latest cd crack for the updates, find a pirate multiplayer server, have special update tools bla bla.. big pain in the ass to save what, 50 bucks?
Old 11-29-2008   #36
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Because not everyone is like you *buys game* *Installs* *Takes game back to shop for full refund since Disc is not required to play* See the problem with that? Same thing with the NXE, people really are getting thick around here.
Yes, a real problem. But won't it be good enough if you can only run the game on authorized computers one at a time per purchase? Like, unlimited installs but each copy can only be run on one computer at one time. I'm sure they can implement that, can't they? And you know, have some seal on the box that if you peel open reveals the serial, and you can't return to the store anymore if it's peeled off. I don't see what's the problem in that. But I guess you can't have best of both worlds. Steam version doesn't have manuals, box, etc. for collection, but it's just more convenient. I hope Rockstar moves forward with their own Steam-like application, though!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote