Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2008   #16
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
It would suck if they left the modding ability out. But i see them having it. With how big this gta 4 is, I see them taking full advantage of this. Since they have added the replay editor tool, To make your own mini movies

Full advantage. What i mean is with all the honest talent out there. We will get awsome mods for this game

Last edited by claud3; 11-28-2008 at 03:33 PM..
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #17
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Previous GTA games never had Modding Abilities, do you know what a Mod is? Even if Modded files are blocked, then this will only encourage people to Pirate the game since they will be allowed to edit the games files.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #18
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
of course i know ash_7365. You are right about what you said if it is blocked then it will be pirated. But there is always away around this block
Old 11-28-2008   #19
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
The thing is, we wont know until it's out, but previous GTA games never required soo much backing protection to be running just to play the game, It's possible that the game will refuse to play online if it detects a mod as Social Club, GFW or anything else might notice something isn't right within the files.
Old 11-28-2008   #20
claud3
Banned
Banned

i never thought of that ash_735. I just thought that making a mod for the game would not disable access to the social club site
Old 11-28-2008   #21
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
It's not the social club site we're concerned with, it's how modding will affect online play.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #22
claud3
Banned
Banned

ok i understand, I think we will all be concerned with a totally mess up with the online fun

But they should have some kind of protection
Old 11-28-2008   #23
Ash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
ok i understand, I think we will all be concerned with a totally mess up with the online fun

But they should have some kind of protection
THEY DO, that's the problem, we don't know how strong, will this protection even block out games that have been modded or will it allow some change aslong as Stat files are left intact and meet the originals?
Old 11-28-2008   #24
claud3
Banned
Banned

so we are all worried about the ranks and all stats being reset and if it will disable the online feature, Or worse release a viruse onto the servers
Old 11-28-2008   #25
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Where are you getting any of this from, claud3?

We're just wondering..

Will modding disable online play?

What type of modding is allowed, if any is it all?

Will modding result in harsh penalties (banning game serial maybe)?
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #26
claud3
Banned
Banned

I am just saying man that is all. I do worry about this kind of stuff when playing online all the time
Old 11-28-2008   #27
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
Quite ridiculous:

"Rcguy modded his timecyc.dat file to enhance the weather cycle in the game."

"oh snap! BAN HIS ACCOUNT!"
Old 11-28-2008   #28
claud3
Banned
Banned

it is going to be cool how this unfolds when it is released and we start playing on-line
Old 11-28-2008   #29
Sparthan
Tonight we dine in HELL !

Sparthan is on a distinguished roadSparthan is on a distinguished road
GTA without Mods will be like... NFS without Cars >.<

Thanks soooooo much .:Clansman:. for the sig and the avatar
Sparthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #30
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Wow... we really have to have our game in the drive? That sucks. Hopefully someting like Daemon Tools will work. I am a loyal and purchasing customer and I don't lend the game out to anyone, so I don't see why it's not possible to give us the feature of playing the game without the disc. I love the game a lot, and I collect all the GTA games, the last thing I want to see is my GTA IV disc being played to death by staying in the tray for a long time!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote