Old 11-21-2008   #16
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
well shivering isles was 1146MB so im guessin less since its not adding a new map
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #17
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
What about space. How big will it be what around 20 or 50mb
HAH! 20 or 50MB YEAH RIGHT, This needs to pack all the missions scripts, Weapon Data, Weapon Models, Player Models, New Character Models, New Audio, Cutscene Audio, Car Models, Car Data and Replacement Radio Stations. This is at least 1GB, that is the very minimum I'm expecting the size to be. GTA IV is 6.8GB, so if TLAD is going to be a mod over the game, then 1GB sounds about right to include all the replacement data whilst streaming and keeping things from GTA IV.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #18
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Ok my bad. So 6.8gb you say. That is alot of space

So you would need a x-box with a 60 or 80gb hard-drive or the Elite to run it then plus the full gta 4 game
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #19
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
If it's around 1-2GB and it does require GTA IV on the hard drive, then it should still fit on a 20GB, I have GTA4 installed on mine, game saves, a couple of Arcade games and Rock Band DLC and I only have around 4.5GB Left.
Old 11-21-2008   #20
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Cool. It is so my Mate knowns when he downloads it. He has no idear about the size of the game so thankz Ash_735
Old 11-21-2008   #21
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
I wonder how it's going to work anyway. I wonder if it's going to be like a special feature accessed on Niko's phone or if it's set before will we be required to play it before Niko's story or will the 2 stories intertwine or will there be a menu where you choose who to play with before the game loads up or what? Also, I wonder if Johnny will have his own phone, contacts and friends. Ooo so many questions. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #22
Roxstein
HK343

Roxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant future
That's not a silencer, that's an extended barrel on a 1911 clone.
Old 11-21-2008   #23
claud3
Banned
Banned

I think it will be. Simple you download it and the game loads up and you have a story mode option on your Phone where you select it. Or you get a text messages telling you there is a new option avaliable
Old 11-21-2008   #24
Ash_735

I think it will be even more simple, you download it and a new option appears under your games "GTA IV: The Lost and Damned" except that it will not boot unless the GTA IV disc is in the drive.
Old 11-21-2008   #25
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
I'm guessing anywhere between 800-1600 MS points.
Most likely 800, it's not an entire expansion pack like Shivering Isles (which cost 2400).

If that's the case, $10.00.

Last edited by ~Schwab; 11-21-2008 at 06:09 PM..
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #26
Ash_735

800 is the standard Arcade game cost, if this is as big as it sounds then I'd bet between 1200 and 1600.
Old 11-21-2008   #27
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
I think it will be even more simple, you download it and a new option appears under your games "GTA IV: The Lost and Damned" except that it will not boot unless the GTA IV disc is in the drive.
that's what I'm thinking
and i think it will be atleast $15 aka 1200 but 1600 is a safe bet too
i hope it has alot of content so its worth the 15 or 20 bucks
Old 11-21-2008   #28
claud3
Banned
Banned

Good idear if they do that. Just make it an option under your games. Will it have a different save file or will it be part of your gta 4 save file
Old 11-21-2008   #29
lillb
Casual User

from what it sounds like i'd say it will be entirely separate besides the fact that it will be using data from the GTAIV disc and installation wouldnt make sense to have the save with the GTAIV save file since its gonna be a new story and character
Old 11-21-2008   #30
claud3
Banned
Banned

Cool. But do you think you will be able to use the trophies for it or will they make new ones