Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which GTA is your favourite?
Grand Theft Auto 1 1.01%
Grand Theft Auto London 1969 1 1.01%
Grand Theft Auto 2 1 1.01%
Grand Theft Auto III 9 9.09%
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 31 31.31%
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 28 28.28%
Grand Theft Auto Advance 0 0%
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories 0 0%
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories 2 2.02%
Grand Theft Auto IV 26 26.26%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2008   #16
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
why do people call the top down gtas 2d? they are not 2 dimensional....you may well call gta 3 2d cus it has a topdown camera. they are 3d because of the environment your in, you can fully see all sides and move around the buildings and other things in the game....the only 2d things are the people and the cars....even they might be considered 3d as you can see not oly its roof but the windows on all sides of the car too like you would on a real car and you can see the persons back and stuff as he runs and falls....

if you wanna get real technical no game is 3d anyway...as you physically cant go into and go around the world, like a drawing, could look realistic but put your hand on the page and all you feel is a flat image on a page despite seeing its drawn in 3d...same goes for games on the screen. its a flat image giving the illusion of 3d. like old 2 games you move the camera in them sometimes like side scrolling for example...same with 3d games just a bit differently. they are technically at the heart...all 2d games but the illusions they give off may not be..like the old gtas...

>_>
Old 11-16-2008   #17
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
well i think what defines 3d gaming is that u can actually move around in space in 3 dimensions top down gtas didnt really have any height to them while the 3d gtas u could jump and go ontop of things like buildings and cars
Old 11-16-2008   #18
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
you can in gta 1 and 2, you can jump off ledges, fall off buildings, jump over cars or go under them, go up steps...just with a top down camera, there was even tunnels and water edges to fall off and go through

gta 2 in particular often had really complex maze like structures varying in levels...the church in level 1 is one example of this and the prison in level 2 and zaibatzu basel in level 1 also
Old 11-16-2008   #19
MiamiViceCity
The original
Newbie Member

MiamiViceCity is an unknown quantity at this point
My list

1- Vice City
2- Vice City Stories
3- GTA IV
4- San Andreas
5- GTA III
6- Liberty City Stories
7- GTA II
8- GTA I
MiamiViceCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008   #20
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
sorry i never really played through the first 2 just watched a friend play gta 2 for a lil bit so i guess ur points kinda valid

although im sure it could be argued they are 2d because the sprites were 2d unlike now where they have 3d models and stuff idk its a fine line i think what defines truly 3d or not cause alot of older generation games were somewhat 3d
Old 11-17-2008   #21
Xegethra

yeah thats apoint..but the environment of gta 1 and 2 was 3d

take games like road rash, suoer hang on, test drive, outlander, the special zones in sonic 2, isometric games and so on all have 3d looking areas but due to the type of graphics...would you call it 3d? it is a fine line in many cases i agree
Old 11-20-2008   #22
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I still vote GTA III just an amazing gta game
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #23
T Dot
Banned
Banned

T Dot is infamous around these partsT Dot is infamous around these partsT Dot is infamous around these parts
which idiot voted gta 2 lol
T Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #24
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
T DOT gta 2 is always be an amazing game. Have you played if so then you know it is a great step up from gta 1
Old 11-21-2008   #25
mM1k3y

mM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enough
i like vice city a bit more than gta 4 but with the DLC coming out, i think gta 4 will be my favorite
mM1k3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #26
lillb
Casual User

close race between VC and IV...
Old 11-22-2008   #27
claud3
Banned
Banned

Well even though i am a gta 3 nut i do have to admitt that gta: Vice city will always win in the a poll of the greatest gta game of all time

Last edited by claud3; 11-22-2008 at 08:35 AM..
Old 11-22-2008   #28
T Dot
Banned
Banned

T Dot is infamous around these partsT Dot is infamous around these partsT Dot is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
T DOT gta 2 is always be an amazing game. Have you played if so then you know it is a great step up from gta 1
so saying its better than gta 5 is not stupid?
T Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #29
claud3
Banned
Banned

T DOT it is not gta 5 it is gta 4 and no it is not better than gta 4. I am just saying it is alot better than gta 1

Last edited by claud3; 11-22-2008 at 11:52 PM..
Old 11-22-2008   #30
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
T DOT it is not gta 5 it is gta 4 and not it is not better than gta 4. I am just saying it is alot better than gta 1
God, I'm glad you said this, and your spot on, GTA2 was a step up, and a classic...anyways. And is in its own catogory, like all GTA's.