Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2009   #31
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Why bring up false hope? Sony didn't pay for shit, so they get nothing, Microsoft did, Microsoft get the content, as much as you bitch and whine, it's SONY'S fault that the PS3 doesn't have any DLC content because they didn't think GTA was worthy anymore and that their new games like LBP, Home and KillZone would revolutionise the gaming world and leave old franchises like GTA behind.

Look, Sony paid for "DLC" a few years ago, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were contracted to remain PlayStation format exclusive titles, that's why it's only available on the PSP and PS2 and after all these years, even though they are old, etc, are still not available on PC and Xbox.

To me there just seems to be a shitload of fanboyism around, when Sony do it, it's ok, but when Microsoft do it, suddenly they are bastards and Rockstar are idiots for alienating their Sony Market. No matter how much you hope, Rockstar has proven to keep contracts exclusives when agreed, why didn't you people bitch and moan back in 2005 and 2006 for LCS and VCS? You didn't (OK, some did about not wanting to buy a PSP), why, because it was on a Sony console and back then you said it was a good strategy.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009   #32
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
If I recall, Sony did not miss out on this content because they were full of themselves thinking they wouldn't need to GTA to carry them along the way, but that they took too long to get back to Rockstar when they attempted to contact them. Rockstar went to Sony first.
Old 01-03-2009   #33
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Ash, as much as I agree with what you said, I think most of the fanboys can't quite grasp having a game, and only certain fans being able to get the add-on for it.
Old 01-03-2009   #34
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It's just really simple when you think about it, last generation GTA was developed for the PS2 first because it was the most popular console and had the higher install base, this gave Sony an advantage with GTA while the PC versions came out at a later date and the Xbox Versions taking upto a year to first arrive. The deals came with the Stories games when Sony contracted them as Sony Exclusive games, thus Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were released on the PSP and then later released on the PS2 to squeeze more sales.

Still to this day the Stories games have not been released on PC or Xbox nor have any plans been made for them to be as they will remain Sony exclusives.

This generation things are very different (maybe after all these months I've figured out the real meaning of "Things Will Be Different"? ), Microsoft got a jump start into the market and this team being serious focus on converting developers to program for the Xbox first and even buying out contracts and exclusivity details (which still happens to this day) whilst Sony took their time to release their console, nope, sorry, as they claimed at the time, Their All Round Media Hub and seemed to lose interest in the gaming side of things and wanting to push the media aspects instead (something which they've now finished and actually starting to push games now) but it's because of this twiddling of thumbs that the PS3 version gets nothing. After Sony showed no interest in GTA this allowed Microsoft to carry on doing what they want.

So now GTA IV is released as a Multiplatform Game and Microsoft were able to offer a large sum of money to get some exclusive goodies and make sure they stay on their console. This is the DLC, Part 1: The Lost and Damned and Part 2: *Currently Unknown*, See what people forget, Microsoft have funded the DLC, their money helped create this content. Bitch and moan all you want, but this content will not be appearing on the PS3 in the same way LCS and VCS will not appear on the Xbox.

Tough Luck, Role-Reversed, be happy that Sony have for now aqquired some new exclusive games for the PS3 after learning their very big mistake of this generation, which is, letting Microsoft take over and not keeping a hold of previous exclusive assets.

edit: I realise what I just said may upset and offend some certain users, but I'm sorry, that is just my view on the situation. You don't have to agree, I'm not going to argue my point, this is a forum after all where we can post our views on whatever subjects.

Last edited by Ash_735; 01-03-2009 at 05:24 PM..
Old 01-03-2009   #35
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Ash go back and read my post.
Old 01-04-2009   #36
Ash_735

Still Slim, the fact is, this DLC is like LCS and VCS and those games have stuck to their exclusive deal even after all these years.
Old 01-04-2009   #37
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

We only will know that for sure with time. Remember we never knew how much Sony had paid for exclusivity. I think just knowing exactly how much money Microsoft paid influences us to believe we will never see it on a different platform.
Old 01-04-2009   #38
flint.44
Fuhgeddaboudit!

flint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really nice
I'd be happy to see The lost and damned on PS3, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm just fine with the game. I honestly think Microsoft is making a mistake. Once people get bored of the DLC's, or just get tired of paying for them, the 360 will begin to decline. In my opinion, the only thing keeping the 360 alive is Halo 3.
Old 01-04-2009   #39
Ash_735

You'd be very wrong in that statement, that's like saying the only thing keeping the PS3 afloat is MGS4. Both consoles have their own exclusives which are now proving to be very strong sellers. As for Microsoft Making a mistake, clearly you better let Xbox owners know that because profits earned from DLC is pretty huge.
Old 01-04-2009   #40
flint.44
Fuhgeddaboudit!

flint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really nice
They can only use DLC's to fuel the flames for so long, sooner or later they will need better exclusive games.
Old 01-04-2009   #41
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

@flint, with 360 users paying $50 a year for LIVE, I don't think paying for $20 for DLC will really bother them
Old 01-04-2009   #42
flint.44
Fuhgeddaboudit!

True, yet I still don't think they can take over the market with DLC.
Old 01-04-2009   #43
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Still Slim, the fact is, this DLC is like LCS and VCS and those games have stuck to their exclusive deal even after all these years.
At the time of their release on PS2, Microsoft had long forgotten about the original Xbox system. I hope you understand the point I am trying to convey.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009   #44
Ash_735

And what about PC users, trying to kill off customers with DRM was still a year or two away

@ flimt.44: You're clearly against the Xbox so your view of it is quite biased, I'm sorry that you suffer from that.
Old 01-04-2009   #45
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Flint, if the 360 is riding off the back of Halo 3 like you said it is, then the PS3 mustn't be a good console at all.

Last edited by thenotsogoodtrickster; 01-04-2009 at 04:29 PM..
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote