Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008   #1
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
GTAIV PC: Movies, More Screenshots & Recommended Specs

Quote:
Rockstar Games Social Club members who play Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC (coming December 3rd, 2008) will be able to upload their custom gameplay video clips created with the game's built-in Video Editor Feature. Capture your crazy experiences around Liberty City and choice gameplay moments, edit them into personalized clips, and then post and share your finished masterpieces here for the world to see. Note that Social Club membership is required to post videos, but non-members will be able to freely visit to watch any and all posted videos.

Social Club members will be able to manage their own profile pages to track videos they've posted, as well as participate in ongoing special contests and video-based competitions. Following the release of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC, look for Social-Club-TV-supported in-game video features in many more future Rockstar Games titles to come.

To play with all options turned to 11, we recommend having:

Processor: Intel 2.4GHz Quad Core / AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz
RAM: 2.5GB
GPU: Nvidia 8600 512MB / ATI 3870 512MB
Hard Drive: 18GB Free Space (36-54GB for digital distribution installation)
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/43...ommended-Specs

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #2
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
18GB?!! Woah, that seems like an awfully huge amount.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #3
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I think this is the first GTA game with such high requirements - the minimum and recommended

Then again, Rockstar has probably put the requirements that would actually get you a decent framerate, unlike other companies (*cough*ea)

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #4
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
I meet the recommended and all, but I'm going to need to buy a new HDD. :p

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #5
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Roar, I'm going to have to give my Windows partition a lot more space than 32Gb...
Old 11-19-2008   #6
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
Quad core, but only a 8600? That's kinda odd.
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #7
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
a Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz is about the same performance as a Core 2 Quad 6600 2.4Ghz in games, I'm sure I can run it at max once I get a E8400

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #8
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Surely I can run this, I meet the recommended specs.. the only thing that bugs me is that I have to buy a new hard disk, like a lot of people.. ah well
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #9
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
I met the recommended specs. Bring on the PC version.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #10
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
I'm sure my X2 6000+ could handle this game, but just to be safe and to guarantee max performance, I'm going to buy the X4 9950. It's the only thing in my system that doesn't meet recommended specs.
Old 11-22-2008   #11
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
It's amazing how this game even fit on a DVD, and with space to spare, considering how much they bloated this port.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #12
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Hmmm....I meet all them except the graphic card,but no problem,I can have a good time with it....

About the dvd,It'll be on a DVD 8.5 GB,I bet this,they will zip the large files...
Old 11-22-2008   #13
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I meet the specs. I just really want to get my hands on the Video editor tool. Man the movies you will be able to make
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote