Old 10-07-2008   #1
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

bonesmccoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Different Mission Endings

Hi all!

I fired up GTA yesterday after not touching it for the last 2-3 months. I was playing through the Dardan mission 'Bleed In', in which you rescue Roman from two Albanian thugs, and then chase down Dardan in the Broker Port.

I noticed that there are at least two possible endings to this mission that both result in its success:

(1) Take Dardan's knife, and then maim him with it. When Dardan is lying on the ground, Nico utters "You shouldn't play with sharp things, Dardan".

(2) Fight Dardan so that he stumbles through the glass and falls into the water below. If this happens correctly, Nico will say "I promised myself I wouldn't kill anyone here." Or something to that extent.

Anyone else notice these sorts of subtle differences? Note that these were not retries, but completely different campaigns. The different dialogue in the retries is not what I'm talking about; I'm talking about unique conversations and mission endings for each mission.

Cheers!
bonesmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, a lot of missions have different ways to finish until the last strand or so when they become locked in the stroy, Missions like "Flat Line" and "Final Interview" have multiple ways they can be done.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
I don't know if this was a glitch in my game or what, but I did none of the above in the mission "Bleed In." All I did was fight off the guys on the basketball court, then the mission was over. I didn't chase Dardan down or anything, it just finished right on the court. I didn't know anything was up until I watched Koolio's recording of the mission, and realized there was a drastic difference