Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2008   #16
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
well guess what? you was over hyped no doubt...that is not their fault. and not everything will make the final game...no game has ever kept everything in it...so by your logic all games are crap.

i admit complaining is needed in some cases...but there are times where just. games have to change, if they didnt thered be no point in keeping making them
Old 09-17-2008   #17
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiRulez View Post
/My Opinion, I Hate This Game/
First off this game isn't perfect, second, this is a new game engine completely, so all that shit from San Andreas wasn't even there to begin with so they didn't cut it out. Soundtrack is down to personal opinion, I like a lot of the songs now, many people like the songs, many people hate the songs because they wanted something more mainstream like 50Cent or The Game. Those framerates issues, well, you play the PS3 version and I can't speak for that but the framerate for the 360 version is pretty damn stable and there are many cars on screen during most traffic times.

HYPE, Hype is a word that means a lot, Rockstar never said anything at all, if anything Rockstar kept mainly quiet during this GTA release, where did you get your info from, think, was it from Rockstar, did they promise these features? Or was it from magazines and people on forums spreading rumours and hype?

As for your console views, meh, we've had this argument before, you knew before the game came out it was going to have exclusive stuff on the 360, don't get your knickers in a twaist, I bet it won't even be that big.

edit: Also, I've stated this many times, you hate GTA IV but loved San Andreas, then wait til Saints Row 2 comes out. Rockstar wanted to be more mature but the audience didn't want that, the audience wanted mindles violence and wacky and zany things which Saints Row 2 has picked up on. If this is your time to depart from GTA then do it. Rockstar wants to take the series in a more serious and gritty approach whilst Violation want to do the opposite.

Last edited by Ash_735; 09-17-2008 at 02:35 PM..
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #18
RudiRulez

RudiRulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yeh saints row 2 is a definate must for me, i love wild crazy game where i can do things i cant do in real life. Your right about R* keeping quiet through the making of the game most of the info we got from magazines which even then the words were twisted and overhyped by fans, i would have loved to have got the game on 360 becuase o the staedy framerate and DLC but overall its alot of money, money which i dont have. Console £150, GTA IV £40, XBL Gold £30, Wireless Adapter £54.99, DLC £10 each episode??, thats about £295 ($530).
Old 09-17-2008   #19
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
dunno i got it for ps3 and the frame rate isnt anything bad.....runs smoothly
Old 09-17-2008   #20
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Quote:

Plus im pissed of that Microsoft payed $50mil for exclusive content, if i ever meet Bill Gates first thing im gonna do is kick him right in his balls

he wouldn't have had alot to do with it.

You make a decent case, SA was exactly the same though. Gaming companies often do it, it's nothing new.
Old 09-18-2008   #21
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Yea.. your totally right RudiRulez!

GTA IV Framereate is good* but it get slow if you park alot of cars and blow them up. IT gets really slowwwww*
Try it I tried it and its SLOWww!

Last edited by iKlipse; 09-18-2008 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: Posts merged
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #22
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Dude don't double post use the edit point you have there

On topic. All gta games get slow when you park alot of cars in one area everyone knows that and it is nothing new
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #23
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
Dude don't double post use the edit point you have there

On topic. All gta games get slow when you park alot of cars in one area everyone knows that and it is nothing new
okay thanks for tellin me.
Old 09-18-2008   #24
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan810 View Post
Yea.. your totally right RudiRulez!

GTA IV Framereate is good* but it get slow if you park alot of cars and blow them up. IT gets really slowwwww*
Try it I tried it and its SLOWww!
Don't double post, you have an edit button. Your posts have been merged.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #25
GarrettQ

GarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished road
I dont know why everyone is going all nuckin futs over gloves. if you hate the game so much, dont blame it on fingerless gloves. Im sure people can find a better reason than gloves.

On hype. Rockstar doesnt make these games because they love playing them, they make em so they can sell em. the less you know about a game, the more curious you become. This is a powerful selling tool, and it worked quite well. I personally love the game, and i was very eager to play it before it came out. However, i didnt let myself get over-hyped. I was actually stunned by the game, it was more than i was expecting.

ps3 vs 360. I have had my 360 for nearly 2 years, and i love it (well, after MS fixed it). The game seems to run fine on my 360. There are times when parts of the map dont show up right away, but thats only when flying. There are also times when the textures dont fully load (blurry textures), but its not horrible. That being said, i bought a ps3 about a month ago, and played it on the ps3 as well. the same minor problems i have on the 360, i have on the ps3. These minor problems have been present in all of the gta games since III. They are virtually impossible to avoid in such a complex game.

The DLC deal goes back to rockstar being a company. MS offered R* some money, and they made a deal. People seem to forget that GTA III, Vice city, and San Andreas were Sony exclusive for quite some time before they were released for xbox. I wouldnt be surprised if the DLC became available for PS3 later on.

GarrettQ
GarrettQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #26
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
they took out being able to play your own music in game
On 360, you can play music. Not quite the same way as before (it plays all the time), but it works well. In-game music is disabled when you do it, so they're not interfering with each other.

Last edited by Thundercracker; 09-19-2008 at 01:39 PM..
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote