Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Tips, Cheats & Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2008   #1
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
Complete Story Mode in 30 Hours

To get the Xbox achievement for completing Story Mode in less than 30 hours, do the cut scenes count as time. Would I have to skip the cut scenes to ensure I will beat it in less than 30? I only started again last night for the 2nd run through and didn't know whether I should be skipping the cutscenes or not.

Anybody know if this counts as time played?
Old 06-17-2008   #2
Grimoire
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond reputeGrimoire has a reputation beyond repute
I believe they do count, but I wouldn't worry about it. I watched all cutscenes and finished the story in 27 hours or so.
Old 06-17-2008   #3
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Remember to back up or delete your old save though if this isn't your first play through, as the game will take the old save into account too and you won't get the achiecevement even if you do beat it in under 30 hours on this save.
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #4
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
Remember to back up or delete your old save though if this isn't your first play through, as the game will take the old save into account too and you won't get the achiecevement even if you do beat it in under 30 hours on this save.
Woahh, seriously? That sucks.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #5
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
I don't really know, I skipped some cut scenes but watched most of em.
Old 06-18-2008   #6
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
YOu are positive about this? I thought it was all about the timer in your game stats. So if you start a New Game from the menu, it will still count the first time I played through? That would be some bullshit.
Old 06-18-2008   #7
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
Take taxis and skip all the trips.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #8
Noblemight
Newbie Member

Noblemight is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Are you an achievement whore?

I wonder why this achievement exists. Gta doesn't seem like the type of game you want to sprint through missing practically everything that's good and enjoyable. Microsoft and their damn achievements are conniving with game makers to get more re-playability out of the games. And achievement addicts can't help but kill themselves for that next pop-up.
Noblemight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #9
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i didn't delete my old save before doing my speed run and i still got the achievement

and my 1st save was at 83 hours

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grittack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #10
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I just said it as a precaution, since at the time we had reports of people not getting the achievement due to the first save.
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #11
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
yeah. taking precautions would be good. i just didn't because i spent 83 hours getting to 100% and swimming 40 miles and didn't want to delete that progress.. lol

so if you're able to take that precaution; or willing to; do so.

i don't know if it has to do with me not getting the glitch or not but i saved my speed playthrough on a completely new save slot, so maybe open up a save slot if one isn't or use an unused one for your speed playthrough. don't know if it's related to avoiding the glitch or not, but would still be a good precaution to take (considering you don't have to lose any data, at least no important data, to take it ).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by grittack; 07-22-2008 at 08:23 PM..
grittack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #12
GTA IV KING
Banned
Banned

GTA IV KING is infamous around these partsGTA IV KING is infamous around these partsGTA IV KING is infamous around these parts
I completed the game in 16 hours (if i failed a mission or died i would load the game)
GTA IV KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Took me about 25 hours both times I completed the story. Funny, because the first time I rushed and finished in 3 days, and the second time I played it over the span of about a month and I still took the same about of time
Old 09-27-2008   #14
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
I don't even remember taking track of time and I still got the achievement. 28 hours I believe.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #15
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblemight View Post
I wonder why this achievement exists. Gta doesn't seem like the type of game you want to sprint through missing practically everything that's good and enjoyable. Microsoft and their damn achievements are conniving with game makers to get more re-playability out of the games. And achievement addicts can't help but kill themselves for that next pop-up.
Personally I played it normally, odd fuck-about, odd mission or two, then I concentrated on the achievements, like I do in most games.