Old 09-02-2008   #1
The Commander

The Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enough
Duke Theft Auto is a modification for Eduke32 (Eduke32 is a highly advanced port used to run Duke Nukem 3D) In which I will be taking the whole aspect of the orignal "CLASSIC" Grand Theft Auto and turning it into a first person perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdW0mE_gPQI

If you are woundering why I would use such an old game as the base for a mod like this there are a number of resons why, Its using Eduke32 which supports a whole new range of CON scripting, support for .MD3 format models, .OGG sound replacement of them midi files or other sound files. (Yes all the great GTA songs are going to be in )

More info can be found here
http://amc.planetduke.gamespy.com/sm...p?topic=7793.0
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32744
or here
http://duke3d.bur.st/forum/index.php?topic=140.0

Any questions please ask.

Note to Mods ***
Im not sure if this belongs here as it is a Eduke32/Duke Nukem 3D based mod but it is all on Grand Theft Auto and there maybe a few of them who also have Duke Nukem so you can either move it to a diff location if this is wrong or delete it,

A new video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA30Dv6Qa1U

Not at good as the first one IMO though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dta0000.jpg (79.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dta0001.jpg (65.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dta0002.jpg (97.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ZCAB; 10-03-2008 at 10:17 AM..
The Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #2
mM1k3y

mM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enough
can you lock on when you shoot
mM1k3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #3
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road
Man that's awesome. It'd be so interesting to play GTA from a first person perspective. It looks great so far! Are you going to add the missions?

www.KFCGang.net
[KFC]-ScharK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #4
The Commander

The Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mM1k3y View Post
can you lock on when you shoot
Im not to sure what that means exactly? If you mean some sort of auto aim, then no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KFC]-ScharK View Post
Man that's awesome. It'd be so interesting to play GTA from a first person perspective. It looks great so far! Are you going to add the missions?
Damn straight, What would it be without missions? lol,
Old 09-13-2008   #5
mM1k3y

mM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enough
well the videos were pretty cool
mM1k3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #6
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
dude! this is fucking brilliant! hahah really good work, im definitely looking forward to it if you need any help with publicizing this mod feel free to PM me - when its done it could surely go on our homepage!
Old 09-14-2008   #7
The Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
dude! this is fucking brilliant! hahah really good work, im definitely looking forward to it if you need any help with publicizing this mod feel free to PM me - when its done it could surely go on our homepage!
Sure thanks I will rember to let you know , this mod so far is getting alot of interest in the Duke community as well because nothing like this has been attepted before. As soon as I get the driving code and people/police/civi and a few missions coded I will make some sort of alpha/beta release to get some opions.

This is the basic layout of one of the first maps, sure its not as big as a GTA map (maybe one quater the size?) but for a FPS Duke3D map this is huge. lol

EDIT: Attached another picture,

Consider this download an ALPHA only. What I want to know is how many people are going to have trouble running this mod. I dont want to know about things like, Oh the cars do this that ect. I allready know these things. Im wanting to know about performance issues.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14567092...lpha1.rar.html

Basic installation setup.
("YOU NEED TO OWN DUKE NUKEM 3D" for this version. The shareware version may work)

Extract "DTA_Alpha1.rar" to a New directory and place a copy of "DUKE3D.GRP" in this folder and run "DTA.bat"
I have included my own duke3d.cfg file with the video and key settings that are nessacery to run this mod as it should you might have to delete this if it wont run. If you can't run Duke and the HRP on the highest settings possible you wont have any luck with this. If you are seeing white boxes at the start this means that you dont have your "High Res Texture Quality" on full.

EDIT: The only map available is Liberty City from the Episode screen select.

TAB is horn/special effect
Pageup is Map
Use Key is to enter cars, Only Police, Ambulance and red Corvette are usable at the moment.
Press crouch to get out of car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NYCMap.jpg (90.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dta0000.jpg (86.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ZCAB; 10-03-2008 at 10:17 AM..
Old 09-16-2008   #8
Layorz
Le'Balls

Layorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to beholdLayorz is a splendid one to behold
Id so play that game
Layorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #9
The Commander

Well, theres nothing stoping you from trying the Alpha.
Old 09-17-2008   #10
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Sweet, thanks for the release, I'll have to get my hands on Duke Nuken and then try this out
Old 10-02-2008   #11
The Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Sweet, thanks for the release, I'll have to get my hands on Duke Nuken and then try this out
Its still a popular game today so finding a copy shouldnt be to hard, I will make the final/release version a stand alone mod meaning that Duke Nukem isnt needed to play which will make things alot easyer for people.

A new video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ftC42gvzpk&fmt=18

Last edited by ZCAB; 10-03-2008 at 10:16 AM..
Old 10-03-2008   #12
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
The Commander: please don't post twice or more in a row. If you want to add something and no one has replied to you yet, just use the Edit button to add to your existing post.
ZCAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #13
The Commander

Well, I figured it had been like 2 weeks since my last post so it wouldnt be counted as a double post and the newest post had nothing to do with the last.
Old 10-06-2008   #14
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
nice mod there....i like it...i gave a slightly more in depth reply on your last video though
Old 10-06-2008   #15
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
It is a Nice vid dude, Just missed out on a few things
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote