Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008   #16
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I think a lot of people disliked it because they didn't use their imagination enough or look around enough. Theres a lot you can do in this game, Rockstar may not have included it but as far as making up your own games the possibilities are endless. I did get bored with driving around and shooting and fighting the cops and other players in LIVE, but then I started to explore.

There was a night when a guy connected to the server named JumpOffStuff. This inspired a new pass-time in GTA, jumping off of stuff. For the last month or so all I've really done is explore and find cool areas to climb up to and jump off of. I found a lot of sweet places. A lot of interiors are around if ya look, half of them weren't even interiors, just very detailed surroundings and such.

I still have not finished the story, because it got pretty boring so that's my only beef with this game.

9/10
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #17
MisterBlanco
Banned
Banned

MisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these parts
In terms of grapichs 10/10. Storyline was weak. They should have focused more on findin that special someone. storyline 6/10

The features were a huge disapointment.
GTA3 made the foundation.
Vice City took that, and added many new things. Most noticeably Interiors, Bikes, weapons, and helicopters
San Andreas took all that and added even more things. Most noticeably Airplanes, Swimming, Weapons, Clothing

With GTA4 it was only common sense to assume even more would be added. How wrong we were! That is why everyone is disapointed.

TV over parachute? Hell no. Why is there no parachute in Liberty City? (NYC has tallest buildings!!!!!)
Car washes over car modding? GTFOH.

GTA4 6.5/10 when compared to previous GTA's
GTA4 9/10 when compared to every other game
MisterBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #18
Charger
<.>

Charger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished road
8/10

Once the storyline is done, there isn't much to do. Online gets boring quickly, but I still play it occasionally which saves it an 8.

GTA San Andreas, remains on Top.
Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #19
Rocker-5
Banned
Banned

Rocker-5 is infamous around these partsRocker-5 is infamous around these partsRocker-5 is infamous around these parts
i didnt play the game but my cousin did

and i give it a 10/10

the only thing i hate about it is the surrender action
Rocker-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #20
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
I would rate it an 8/10, I'll try and cut this short.

Amazing graphics, massive city to explore, great little details, awesome physics, likeable main character.

Repetitive missions, gets boring, a bit dull in colour, weak story, overhyped.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #21
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
5/10

Missions were repetitive and boring. Driving sucked. Story was meh. Not really much to do after its done. Graphics were kewl.
Old 08-30-2008   #22
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBlanco View Post
San Andreas took all that and added even more things. Most noticeably Airplanes, Swimming, Weapons, Clothing
Airplanes: So the Dodo in GTA III and the Skimmer in Vice City don't count as Airplanes?
Weapons: Vice City had more weapons, the amount of Melee weapons in Vice ranged pretty damn good, I mean Screwdrivers and Hammers, fuck yeah.
Clothing: Could say introduced in Vice City really, San Andreas only had a more detailed version, which was bettered again in IV.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #23
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
People seem to be giving GTA IV a hard time over the fact that they're just burnt out on the game style. From the day IV was announced to the day it released, I never touched a GTA game, or did much sandbox mayhem in other games, which most likely led to it feeling so fresh for me.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #24
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
10/10 EPIC Game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grittack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #25
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBlanco View Post
In terms of grapichs 10/10. Storyline was weak. They should have focused more on findin that special someone. storyline 6/10

The features were a huge disapointment.
GTA3 made the foundation.
Vice City took that, and added many new things. Most noticeably Interiors, Bikes, weapons, and helicopters

With GTA4 it was only common sense to assume even more would be added. How wrong we were! That is why everyone is disapointed.

TV over parachute? Hell no. Why is there no parachute in Liberty City? (NYC has tallest buildings!!!!!)
Car washes over car modding? GTFOH.

GTA4 6.5/10 when compared to previous GTA's
GTA4 9/10 when compared to every other game
Like I said before, guys. GTA IV is a game where they added features unique to this generation of GTA games, and I feel that what's in the GTA III generation of games should stay in that generation of games. It makes you appreciate each game better, as each GTA game, whether new or old, still has got something to do the other ones didn't offer. As with GTA1, GTA2 and London 1969/1961, they still had their unique feeling to them. Besides, I don't think much of the old stuff fits into GTA IV anyway.

Also, weren't most GTA fans already bored of those features in the GTA III generation of games already anyway? Why reuse the same old features that every other sandbox game had, rather than take them out and have more disc space to put in new, unique features?

Were you bored of this game? That's a good sign! Most games I had, well, I never got really bored of it because it didn't had the driving force that was needed for the player (me) to play the game till you became bored. I just played it a few days, then, meh. GTA IV, most of you, would've played and played, because it was so good... till it became boring. Of course.

Just play another game, then come back to GTA IV, then you'll see how amazing it really is/was.

Last edited by De7erminist; 08-31-2008 at 02:58 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #26
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Like I said before, guys. GTA IV is a game where they added features unique to this generation of GTA games, and I feel that what's in the GTA III generation of games should stay in that generation of games. It makes you appreciate each game better, as each GTA game, whether new or old, still has got something to do the other ones didn't offer. As with GTA1, GTA2 and London 1969/1961, they still had their unique feeling to them. Besides, I don't think much of the old stuff fits into GTA IV anyway.

Also, weren't most GTA fans already bored of those features in the GTA III generation of games already anyway? Why reuse the same old features that every other sandboox game had, rather than take them out and have more disc space to put in new, unique features?

Were you bored of this game? That's a good sign! Most games I had, well, I never got really bored of it because it didn't had the driving force that was needed for the player (me) to play the game till you became bored. I just played it a few days, then, meh. GTA IV, most of you, would've played and played, because it was so good... till it became boring. Of course.

Just play another game, then come back to GTA IV, then you'll see how amazing it really is/was.
People just want the Madden treatment. The same game over and over with just slight additions.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #27
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
I'd give GTA4 8.5/10

Not as fun as previous GTA's, but the graphics + good multiplayer help make up for it
Old 08-30-2008   #28
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
You guys are forgetting one major aspect of the game!

...The little things.

like, how peds react to things, and things they do. Small details to the map etc. Little, but big.
Old 08-31-2008   #29
mM1k3y

mM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enoughmM1k3y will become famous soon enough
the best new thing is the multiplayer

mM1k3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #30
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
I would have to give it a 8.5/10. A great game with just a few minor negeative aspects.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote