Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2008   #1
komalr

komalr is an unknown quantity at this point
Read then rate!!!!!!!

I don't mean as a wholesome but like before yu completed it and after you completed.

Before i completed it would definetely get a 10/10 from me. Just look at the detail put in the characters, their attitude, the way they represent themselves, the physics of the game, the story.

But after i completed it it started to get boring, for me it took a longer time to realize this. But nothing to do come on. But it will still get a healthy points from me. Maybe its because I am still loyal to Rockstar or its "GTA", I dunno but 9/10.

Last edited by komalr; 09-03-2008 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: misleading title.
komalr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #2
lemon_factory

lemon_factory is an unknown quantity at this point
Haven't played the game yet, but as far as I can see from the trailers, reviews, videos etc. 10/10 Looks like a truly great game.
lemon_factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #3
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
From start to end of main story, its a 10/10. It has its faults, but so does every game; those that blow GTA IV's way out of proportion need to stop hyping things so much.

And unlike most people here seem to do, I like to run around, drive, and shoot at people when I play GTA. Not skydiving, weightlifting, and playing Real Estate Simulator. It was GTA III all over again for me. Just how I like it.

And DLC. :O
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #4
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
it was more like gta 1 for me..since the gangs dont walk the streets...

i liked it though, havent finished it cus i havent played it in a while
Xegethra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #5
arslanz1

arslanz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
10/10
arslanz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Moved to GTA IV forum.
Old 08-29-2008   #7
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
I'd rate GTA:IV as follows.
Graphics: 10/10.
Gameplay: 9.5/10.
Sounds (music soundtrack, city sounds, ect): 10/10.
Story: 9.5/10.
Replay value: depends, but for me 9/10.
Overall: 9.5/10.

Sure yes this game has it's faults but no game is perfect due to the constant advances in technolagy, but this game is probably one of the best games of this year in my oppinion.

Last edited by Johnny-Z; 10-03-2008 at 01:41 AM..
Johnny-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #8
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
100/10

Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #9
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegethra View Post
it was more like gta 1 for me..since the gangs dont walk the streets...

i liked it though, havent finished it cus i havent played it in a while
The gangs actually do walk the streets. They just aren't as visible as they were on GTAIII.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #10
komalr

komalr is an unknown quantity at this point
u peps got it all rong. i said how wud u rate b4 u finished t main story and after tat.

Because free roaming is t kind of genre where u hav diff conclusions after u complete t game.
komalr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #11
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
8/10. It's incredibly detailed, but it just isn't as fun as previous incarnations...It's my personal opinion.
Old 08-30-2008   #12
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
GTA IV is like a fine work of art. It looks good, but after a while it will start to become boring.
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #13
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Definitely, if you round in all up, it's defiitely a 10/10. But I still think it more correctly deserves a 96/100, just like how I did my very own detailed review of GTA IV here: http://blog.gtahq.net/2008/05/24/gra...s-perspective/.

Every video game gets boring in the end, but Grand Theft Auto IV still had some replayibility value, which by far outweighs many other games in this generation. Although Rockstar did not make GTA IV the "ultimate GTA game", I still think it's great. Many people believe that many features were taken out from the past-generation of GTA games, but I believe that what's in the last-generation should stay in the last-generation, and the next-generation should have its own unique set of features, as with GTA IV, as the old features mostly won't fit in GTA IV anyway.

As with any video game or any other activity, community plays an important role. So, fellow GTA fans and playa's, keep it up and band together, so that GTA IV will be a fun game to play and talk about!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #14
CrimsonBlaze

CrimsonBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't seem to rate it higher than 8/10... Had the game to months, but I just cant seem to get the urge to play it. Haven't even come close to finishing the storyline yet.
CrimsonBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #15
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
i would rate it 1000000000000000000000/10

yes it rate it that damn good

But seriously... 10/10 from me. The amount of detail in the world is stunning compared to most games in the genre.
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote