Old 08-22-2008   #1
Son606

Son606 can only hope to improve
No Clock!!!!

I have just got GTA IV in the last few days and one big disadvantage I've noticed is that there isn't a clock anymore in the corner of the screen so you don't know how long it's gonna be by the time it's night or day etc

Plus when you're driving you can't look to your sides easily anymore to do a drive by, instead you have to drag the camear view around while you're driving which is hard to do at the same time!!

Oh and by the way how do you get into the subway with a car on the first island?
Son606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #2
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
The clock is on your cell phone.

Being able to control the crosshair when your driving gives you far more accuracy when shooting. Way better than just having one angle to shoot at form either side.
It will be even more accurate when we get to control the shooting with a mouse too.

TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #3
ronald711
Unregistered User

ronald711 is on a distinguished roadronald711 is on a distinguished roadronald711 is on a distinguished road
u can check the time by
-cell phone
-bottom of the pause menu
-big digital-clock on top of brucie's building
ronald711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #4
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
The Clock on the Cell Phone also gives you the date too, and is eaily accessed by just up Up on the D-Pad to check the time. Also keep in mind Time moves slower in GTA IV, instead of the past method of 1 Second Real Time = 1 Minute Game Time, it's now 2 Seconds Real Time = 1 Minute Game Time, so the days last longer.
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #5
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
Also keep in mind Time moves slower in GTA IV, instead of the past method of 1 Second Real Time = 1 Minute Game Time, it's now 2 Seconds Real Time = 1 Minute Game Time, so the days last longer.
Thanks for explaining that! I noticed it didn't move quite the same! They could even slow it down a little more. 5 secs RT = 1 minute GT would be nice. I know it would take longer if you were waiting for something tho..
Old 08-28-2008   #6
BlazingEvanator
Amazing

BlazingEvanator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son606 View Post
I have just got GTA IV in the last few days and one big disadvantage I've noticed is that there isn't a clock anymore in the corner of the screen so you don't know how long it's gonna be by the time it's night or day etc

Plus when you're driving you can't look to your sides easily anymore to do a drive by, instead you have to drag the camear view around while you're driving which is hard to do at the same time!!

Oh and by the way how do you get into the subway with a car on the first island?

Theres a way to fit a car in a subway?
Old 08-28-2008   #7
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Not INSIDE A SUBWAY, but on the track's, yes.
Haha.
Theres like an opening that you ride in, during "give me your bike, boots and jacket(???)" Mission.
I have bad memory at names, sorry.
Old 08-28-2008   #8
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
the opening is near the hospital in north algonquin.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #9
jim_genius5

jim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son606 View Post
Dragging the camera is only limited to a few angles when driving at high speeds. You can, though, aim freely at high speeds by just holding the LB (dunno for the ps3), the game will respond to your aiming and the speed effect will be cancelled... you know what I'm sayin'?? So just hold the LB button to aim and shoot and the camera will rotate as you like it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerwisniewski
I have bad memory at names, sorry.
That's 'cuz you jerk off too much.
jim_genius5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #10
Son606

I have now just made it to the second island!!

Can someone tell me where I can find a helicopter to fly? my first instinct was to try the Police station but there's a few and the 3 I checked didn't have any roof access, so where can I find a chopper?

I don't know if there are any at the airport because as soon as I go there the cops are on my back.
Old 08-29-2008   #11
jim_genius5

jim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished road
South of Algonquin, you should find an icon saying Helitour. Go there and steal one of the choppers.
jim_genius5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #12
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Helitours, it will appear on your radar after that, easy to find, only place with like 4 Helicopters lined up, sticking out of the south of Algonquin in a kind of T-Shape, great view of Broker Bridge if you look north from it.
Old 08-29-2008   #13
Son606

ok thanks!

By the way is there anything to fly at the airport and what about the police chopper?
Old 08-29-2008   #14
Gash_735

I avoid the airport due to the Instant 4-Star Wanted Level, but I think a Helicopter spawns there when the story is finished, or when you get 200 Pigeons. As for the Police chopper, no spawn point has been found, but a few people have managed to jack one during a fight, though it was somewhat difficult.
Old 08-29-2008   #15
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
As for the Police chopper, no spawn point has been found, but a few people have managed to jack one during a fight, though it was somewhat difficult.
Wow. Are there videos of this?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote