Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2008   #1
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb The Red Connection Teaser Trailer!

You may remember a big machinima movie of mine that I announced some days ago, codenamed "Homecoming". Iīve decided the real title, itīll be called "The Red Connection".

Itīs time for a update right now. Below Iīll provide a synopsis of the movie, yes, movie. Also, Iīll gladly premiere the 1st teaser for the movie.

Synopsis

When Rick Harper returns to his birthtown, he soon realizes that nothing is the same. After witnessing his brothers murder in front of him, he decides to pursue his brotherīs killers to get revenge. Rick must travel along a dangerous path of lies, betrayals, emotions, and even more death.

Itīs Time To Get Personal.

Watch "The Red Connection" Teaser 1.

Notes:

1. I hope youre happy Iīve got a Capture card now, I wonīt point out any names. rappo
2. Iīm still playing around with the capture card, quality may not be the best, but itīs certainly better than before!.
Brotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
heheh very cool, i'm looking forward to the full thing. glad you got a capture card, your videos will be that much better now! by the way, which one are you using? it looks like better quality than mine (although it might be that gametrailers allows higher qual than youtube)
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #3
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
heheh very cool, i'm looking forward to the full thing. glad you got a capture card, your videos will be that much better now! by the way, which one are you using? it looks like better quality than mine (although it might be that gametrailers allows higher qual than youtube)
Thanks, I use the EasyCap USB 2.0 that forum member iKlipse gladly recommended
Old 08-21-2008   #4
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
that was cool. Your a legend at this i know i said this before but it is true, And the movie is going to be great. Well done +rep for you
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #5
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you've gotten a capture card. Your previous SA videos were pretty laggy.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #6
Tyler
Every Time Zone

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Haha daamn dude.
You make me want to watch more!
I cannot wait until the real thing.
Old 08-21-2008   #7
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I'm not trying to be a negative nancy here, but this is just other's faults and not yours mostly. The music you used, practically every GTA Glitch/montage on youtube has used it, it is good music, and it fit well with the camera angles, and the speed of it. It's just, I can't get it out th eback of my head that I've heard it in other videos.

It's like the obsession with the Bank Gothic font in films, and Breaking Benjamin's instrumental version of Blow Me Away was in Halo 2... So every machinima/montage had that song.

Another bad point would be that the trailer didn't show any idea of what the story could be about, apart from the title, as I know it's mean to be a teaser, and information is meant to be scarce, I felt it as a little too scarce.

Anyway, the good things, good quality, good editing, good camera angles.

For a summary, just try to use original music and try to give us an idea of the story. Nevertheless, great effort, I enjoyed it, and I look forward to seeing the final product

PS, I am aware of you synopsis, but when it comes to films, I believe that the film should do the talking, is all.
Old 08-21-2008   #8
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
I'm not trying to be a negative nancy here, but this is just other's faults and not yours mostly. The music you used, practically every GTA Glitch/montage on youtube has used it, it is good music, and it fit well with the camera angles, and the speed of it. It's just, I can't get it out th eback of my head that I've heard it in other videos.

It's like the obsession with the Bank Gothic font in films, and Breaking Benjamin's instrumental version of Blow Me Away was in Halo 2... So every machinima/montage had that song.

Another bad point would be that the trailer didn't show any idea of what the story could be about, apart from the title, as I know it's mean to be a teaser, and information is meant to be scarce, I felt it as a little too scarce.

Anyway, the good things, good quality, good editing, good camera angles.

For a summary, just try to use original music and try to give us an idea of the story. Nevertheless, great effort, I enjoyed it, and I look forward to seeing the final product

PS, I am aware of you synopsis, but when it comes to films, I believe that the film should do the talking, is all.

I like your thinking, and I agree. The only reason I chose this song was because I really liked how it brought on the gritty feeling that the movie will have. I didnīt want any "mainstream" tunes cause this is the teaser and it just scrapes the surface of the movie. I plan on releasing at least 2 more trailers which will be totally unlike the teaser, and instead reveal more and more aspects of the movie, just like R* did with GTA IV.
Old 08-21-2008   #9
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I know what you mean with the music, I've tried to do the same when I had ideas. But yeah, the music went really well with the feel of the trailer, honestly it did. And it was nicely created and presented, so please, keep up the good work. I look forward to the next trailers

Also, you took my criticism nicely, I just hope you think of my criticism as constructive
Old 08-21-2008   #10
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Dude, that trailer looks awesome! I can't wait for it.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #11
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post

Also, you took my criticism nicely, I just hope you think of my criticism as constructive
Yeah, I try not to flip out like other people happen to do sometimes
Old 08-22-2008   #12
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Nice trailer but I must agree. That GTA theme has been overused and that it would have been better if you had used something else. I think the music associates it with GTA when it shouldn't be.

Edit: Just thought what would be a good idea is to get someone to design some movie posters.

Do you smell burning feathers?

Last edited by Yam Trigger; 08-22-2008 at 04:31 AM..
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #13
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Good job, Brotha! I'm getting a lot of inspiration from it for my own video!

But, as a freelance film maker, I feel that you should make use of the beat of the song for your video, and a smoother transition should also be used for the texts (Brotha Production Presents, etc.) when it exited the screen.

Also, the camera angles were nice, but like I said, make use of the music. Mark out the beat of the song if you have to, and mess with different kinds of transitions. The transitions for the text/clip to enter and exit need not be the same, but just keep it the same pace as the rest of the video.

Also, you can make use of certain software (Like Soundtrack Pro, Nuendo or even plain ol' Final Cut Pro) to cut up and merge the songs you are using for maximum effect. It also adds to the professionalism of it. If you watch those film trailers, they actually cut up songs and remix them. Not in that sense of remixing, but yeah, just cut them up.

Also, I suggest you use a White font with a thick, black shadow for text, because Green somehow makes it look cheap. Maybe mess with some fonts for the professional effect.

Other than that, nice video, keep it up! But take my suggestions and feedback!

Last edited by De7erminist; 08-22-2008 at 07:11 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote