Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2008   #1
MisterBlanco
Banned
Banned

MisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these parts
The Storyline *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Ahem.. Evening.

Alright so I played and beat GTA 4. But I'm pretty confused with the story. It was all fine until mafia characters were introduced .

I have absolutely no idea who is who. Who is the don, who is the henchman, who Im suppose to like, who Im suppose to hate. In missions when I kill people for the mob, I dont know who Im killing and why! I dont know why I kill French Tom (I assume niko is homophobe) I dont know who the hell pegnorino/phil bell is I dont know who the guy is I kill in the hospital (I dont know why I killed him either)

Im just so confused. Who the f is that Fat russain guy (Bulgarin???) that wants the diamonds. Why does Niko get sent to get diamonds?
Why does Niko kidnap a girl??? Who is this girl?!?!?

What the hell!! This is the first GTA where I actually don't like any the characters. Even Little Jacob isnt that great when compared to previous 'side kicks' (Ceaser, lance vance, 8-ball)

somebody pelase explain the whole mafia-family in liberty city and how niko falls in it
MisterBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #2
CallmeSal
Newbie Member

CallmeSal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBlanco View Post
Ahem.. Evening.

Alright so I played and beat GTA 4. But I'm pretty confused with the story. It was all fine until mafia characters were introduced .

I have absolutely no idea who is who. Who is the don, who is the henchman, who Im suppose to like, who Im suppose to hate. In missions when I kill people for the mob, I dont know who Im killing and why! I dont know why I kill French Tom (I assume niko is homophobe) I dont know who the hell pegnorino/phil bell is I dont know who the guy is I kill in the hospital (I dont know why I killed him either)

Im just so confused. Who the f is that Fat russain guy (Bulgarin???) that wants the diamonds. Why does Niko get sent to get diamonds?
Why does Niko kidnap a girl??? Who is this girl?!?!?

What the hell!! This is the first GTA where I actually don't like any the characters. Even Little Jacob isnt that great when compared to previous 'side kicks' (Ceaser, lance vance, 8-ball)

somebody pelase explain the whole mafia-family in liberty city and how niko falls in it
Pegorino is the don of the Pegorino family who control certain assets in Alderny, however they are not one of the five majour families of liberty city, their aim is to be taken more seriously by the other crime familes. Phil Bell works for Pegorino, proberly his most trusted ally. The guy you kill in the hospital is the guy who works with pegorino, you see him in a couple of cut scenes, he's the one who suposed to be guarding the door, you kill him because he turned out to be a rat, he was wearing a wire, when Pegornio called him up he had a heart attack which is why he was in the hospital.

Bulgarin is somone Niko used to work for in the past, when Darko betrayed Niko on a job they were given Bulgarin lost a lot of money and since he didn't know who to blame he comes after Niko. The diamonds are a complex story, they involve a lot of key characters, it would simply take to long to explain, the girl is kidnaped because she is the daughter of a mob boss, alowing Niko and Packie to blackmail the mob in exchange for the diamonds.

That's not all but it's all i can be bothered to type.
Old 08-20-2008   #3
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeSal View Post
Bulgarin is somone Niko used to work for in the past, when Darko betrayed Niko on a job they were given Bulgarin lost a lot of money and since he didn't know who to blame he comes after Niko.
You got it all wrong. Darko did not betray Niko in his smuggling work with Bulgarin. He betrayed him in the civil war, which made him a criminal in the end, as Darko "robbed him of all his innocence". Niko was not betrayed, the ship merely just sunk, and Bulgarin thought that Niko made away with the cash all along.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Just to also point out, the Mafia links started coming into the story once you started working for Packie, that's how Ray Boccino gets your details and how the others families take notice of you since you end up stealing some supplies in the mission "Waste Nots Want Knots".
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote