Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you want the Crap Shack to reopen?
Yes 68 83.95%
No 13 16.05%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008   #46
flux
50.000.000 Soulwax Fans Can't Be Wrong

flux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the roughflux is a jewel in the rough
I vote yes, because I want TLT back

seriously though, as long as we dont have those new member bashing threads, it's all good
Old 08-14-2008   #47
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
I've had an idea. Is it possible to only make the crap shack accessable for say people with 50+ posts? That would stop the re-regers (DBD, UkX etc), and it would mean the first view of the forum isn't the CS.
Old 08-14-2008   #48
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Scott, I understand what you're saying but that sort of defeats the purpose of making it a forum open to everybody, including new members. Also I wouldn't be surprised if something like that made UkX make 50 stupid posts elsewhere in teh forum just to get access - he seems so intent on returning to this forum I'd imagine he'd go to that length, too :p
Old 08-14-2008   #49
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Scott, I understand what you're saying but that sort of defeats the purpose of making it a forum open to everybody, including new members. Also I wouldn't be surprised if something like that made UkX make 50 stupid posts elsewhere in teh forum just to get access - he seems so intent on returning to this forum I'd imagine he'd go to that length, too :p
Perhaps 200pts of reputation before you could gain access to the CS might work better.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Old 08-14-2008   #50
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Whoa no way that limits it even more...
We have 16 staff members, I'm sure two idiots that reregister often isn't that big of a problem.
Old 08-14-2008   #51
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Whoa no way that limits it even more...
We have 16 staff members, I'm sure two idiots that reregister often isn't that big of a problem.
I just thought new members could earn the right to spam freely.

Old 08-14-2008   #52
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Yeah but rep is so iffy, though. Somebody can have 50 posts in the San Andreas forum and have below 200 reputation points. The ony real way to get big rep is to post some sort of GTA IV finding or post in the Off-Topic forum, and that limits it greatly.
Old 08-14-2008   #53
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

I just have this feeling that the CS needs some sort of restriction to keep new members from causing trouble in the CS.

Old 08-14-2008   #54
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
I just thought new members could earn the right to spam freely.
Depends, took me months for 200 Rep , So a normal member could have it in a week or so if he was good on behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
I just have this feeling that the CS needs some sort of restriction to keep new members from causing trouble in the CS.
Most of the problems came from Veterans, people that have been here for a semi long time at least
Old 08-14-2008   #55
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

What if the CS was given a trial for a couple of weeks. If everyone was well behaved it stayed open, however should members start acting up the CS is closed immediately.

Old 08-14-2008   #56
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Were already voting for it to be open or closed, and I'd guess anybody being a prick gets warning points and banned eventually.

Plus i can guarantee someone would come along and ruin it for everybody else.
Old 08-14-2008   #57
rappo
Professional Dumbass

I have an idea on how to keep rereg's out, but I obviously don't want to share too much of it since this is a public forum The only downside is vBulletin doesn't support it by default, so I'd have to find a plugin for it somewhere...
Old 08-14-2008   #58
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
The poll isn't done yet.

And I do think a post minimum for seeing and using the CS is a good idea, but more like 5 or 10 rather than 50 or more. It's only so people don't reregister and lurk the CS.
Old 08-14-2008   #59
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB
It's only so people don't reregister and lurk the CS.
I really don't see a problem with that. Hell, the higher our usercount the better, right? I think the problem comes when they start posting. I'll explain my idea in the Staff Lounge later today and maybe you guys can help me see if it's a feature already or if we have to find a plug-in.
Old 08-14-2008   #60
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
That's what I meant, to avoid registrees going straight for the CS to wreak havoc.
Closed Thread