Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you want the Crap Shack to reopen?
Yes 68 83.95%
No 13 16.05%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008   #31
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
I vote no.
Old 08-13-2008   #32
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Whats your reasoning for your answer, zombienm?
Old 08-13-2008   #33
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
I really don't see why not.
Old 08-13-2008   #34
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Keep it closed unless it's going to be treated with a modicum of maturity. It gets out of hand each time it's opened after a short while.

Until people are mature enough to be given such a rather pointless privilege then keep it closed. It's not like they're really missing out on anything.

Or of course if an actual set of light rules are drafted and legitimately enforced....

My vote is no. Sorry guys. The lot of you have shown in the past that something so trivial was too much for you to handle, and I haven't really seen a reason to have it come back yet.

My two dicks....er....cents.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
Old 08-13-2008   #35
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Well I vote for yes, even though I only saw the crap shack for the first time for a couple of hours when it re-opened last month and even though I probelly woulden't post in there all that much but since many other members want to see it back than why not I say.
Old 08-13-2008   #36
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Tough. I want to vote no because of past experiences, but at the same time, I would like to use it.

I'll vote yes. Only because being an idiot is ok sometimes.

Remember how we'd openly make threads talking down on members who didn't actively post in CS? Yeah, please no more of that.
Old 08-14-2008   #37
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
tbh, now that the CS is gone, I don't see a reason to bring it back. I mean, we've been doing fine since it closed, right?
Old 08-14-2008   #38
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Payne 2k8 View Post
I have been part of the GTA Gaming community since about 2004, even though I never joined the forum until just recently. I always just went in the crap shack and laughed at some of the stuff. If you don't believe me, I know that Ash had his House signature and avatar for about 2 years now.
Was the Crap Shack viewable by non-members? I didn't think it was.
Old 08-14-2008   #39
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macey View Post
Was the Crap Shack viewable by non-members? I didn't think it was.
I was just thinking that.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Old 08-14-2008   #40
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
It was viewable by guests for a while.
Old 08-14-2008   #41
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
i easy vote yes. It's good that some staff will monitor it so that everyone gets treated fairly, and the no *NS* threads and serious threads in OT&U is good.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Old 08-14-2008   #42
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Yes it was, though before the last closing and maybe after the forum switch it wasn't.
Old 08-14-2008   #43
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I voted no. It seems a lot of people want it back as long as there is a level of maturity in there. But isn't the crap shack with maturity just the OT&U forum? The one and only reason for the CS is so people can all post stupid threads yelling "PIEEEEE!!!" repeatedly. If it comes back all the threads that would normally be made in OT&U will be made in there, and because they will be in there, there will be absolutely no discussion in these threads, just spam.

Although, if there could be a way for the CS to not be included in the New Posts link i guess i wouldn't care because i wouldn't be forced to filter through all that garbage.
Old 08-14-2008   #44
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
If you can't control yourself, you get banned.

If you can make yourself follow a set of moral rules in real life, I'm sure you could do the same here.
Old 08-14-2008   #45
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
I voted no. It seems a lot of people want it back as long as there is a level of maturity in there. But isn't the crap shack with maturity just the OT&U forum? The one and only reason for the CS is so people can all post stupid threads yelling "PIEEEEE!!!" repeatedly. If it comes back all the threads that would normally be made in OT&U will be made in there, and because they will be in there, there will be absolutely no discussion in these threads, just spam.

Although, if there could be a way for the CS to not be included in the New Posts link i guess i wouldn't care because i wouldn't be forced to filter through all that garbage.
I bet you would be heartbroken if you lost quality OT&U threads like "Bush & The Olympics" to the CS.
Closed Thread