Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2008   #16
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha View Post
Ill put this short. Today Im starting on my biggest GTA Project ever. I have never attempted, nor even thought about doing this, but I now have the oppurtunity and Im taking it. I will work for weeks, months, to bring you the best GTA IV Machinima movie youve ever seen, this I promise. I wont spoil too much, but I will tell you this:

1. Working title is Homecoming, remember this, cause all updates will be filed under that name.
2. Estimated lenght is 40 Minutes.
3. Complete, custom story.
4. Teasers and trailers will be released, to hype up the movie.

Thanks for reading.

~Brotha
I hope you do actually use a proper capture card, though. That'll be great. I have faith in you to make a good machinima, though.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #17
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
I hope you do actually use a proper capture card, though. That'll be great. I have faith in you to make a good machinima, though.
I Wont, cause I have none. But cmon, the quality isnt THAT shitty in my opinion, sure its not entirely crisp and all, but its not that bad.
Brotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #18
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Capture devices/cards do make a difference, man.

I bought a capture device for $12 off of eBay. Its called EasyCap USB 2.0. You should get one to if you want to continue making videos using the PS3/Xbox 360. Putting a camera in front of a TV is just... Meh.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #19
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Well if I was going to spend my time doing something like this I would want to make sure I had the right equipment.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #20
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Does the EasyCap work with average computers, or just with supercomputers ?
Old 08-12-2008   #21
yohan12

yohan12 is on a distinguished roadyohan12 is on a distinguished roadyohan12 is on a distinguished road
well this is allmost a hundred dollars but all tou do is plug you av cables into it and pug it into a usb slot and recorde
http://www.amazon.ca/230100042-Dazzl.../dp/B000FOWICO
yohan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #22
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
40 mins of film and if its gonna be the best, theres no way you are pulling it to september, but if you need help PM me.

Last edited by aRTee; 08-12-2008 at 01:49 PM..
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #23
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRTee View Post
40 mins of film and if its gonna be the best, theres no way you are pulling it to september, but if you need help PM me.
Yeah, I realized that and pushed the release to January. If this "EasyCap" capture device works with average PCs, Ill get it ASAP.
Old 08-13-2008   #24
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
Nice one, looking forward to it then. Good luck with it
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #25
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Can't wait, your other movies have been great.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #26
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
This should be good. Looking forward to seeing it Brotha.

Good luck.
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #27
Voide
Newbie Member

Voide is an unknown quantity at this point
Just thought I'd throw in 2 cents.

I have an ATI capture device that was like, $120 at best buy awhile ago. It records really good quality, however I barely use it because of the 2-3 second delay that comes with it. Depending on what you're going to be doing with the game, you might want to check into the video delay thing, because it's almost impossible to use if you're trying to play the game and record it at the same time.
Voide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #28
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha View Post
Yeah, I realized that and pushed the release to January. If this "EasyCap" capture device works with average PC´s, I´ll get it ASAP.
EasyCap USB 2.0
  • USB: Compliant USB 2.0 free port
  • CPU: Intel Pentium 4 or higher
  • HD: 1 GB of available hard drive space for program installation, 4 GB+ hard drive space for video capture and editing
  • Memory: 256MB of RAM (512 or above for editing)
  • Display: Windows-compatible display with at least 1024x768
  • Sound card: Compatible Windows-sound card

I film on my old laptop which was made back in 2003, it can't even run San Andreas. I don't have any problems what so ever. All you need to do is plug the console like normal into a TV, then plug a set of component cords in the output (I use Monitor out) and plug them into the EasyCap. Just plug the EasyCap into the PC, start up uLead Video Studio and press capture video.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #29
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Iv got a Belkin Videobus II

What program is best to capture and edit with.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #30
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Good news, I´ve ordered the capturing device, and it should arrive in some days, hopefully it´ll work fine and we´ll all get richer and better Brotha videos in the future