Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: GTA IV PC Multiplayer better than console version>?
Fuck yeh consoles suck 13 38.24%
Umm still unsure 7 20.59%
A neutral yes will do 10 29.41%
Nah dont be stupid consoles are built for online play 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008   #1
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
PC Multiplayer - What will it be like (POLL)

Ok, so as i have read r* have expanded the multiplayer feature of the game on the pc version so its a lot better due to general pc users having a better internet connection than console gamers. (Makes sense)

Thing is though what will the number be this time... i doubt it will be 34 i even doubt it will be 50 i would say about 60 but forget about that until the time comes though...

the thing im getting at here is what will you prefer to play on?

A SAMP like unofficial multiplayer scene with roleplay and possibly more players and commands etc; or the offical on with less commands and the standard free roam which takes place on the console editions...

I personally think that a chat function is in order for the pc release, just like samp has, also i think i will be play the official multiplayer until someone creates an unofficial mod which will make it better...

I dont know its all in the air at the moment with the ecstasy of the game coming to pc but i really dont know what do you think the multiplayer will be like?

Will it be better than the console versions, worse .
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #2
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
It would be good to have multiplayer on pc but to me i think the multiplayer on the consoles and pc is the same thing except the consoles you can use controller's samething for pc except it's a mouse.

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #3
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
You gave very bias options. Personally I would have included a "I think they'll be the same/similar" option.
Old 08-07-2008   #4
wwecruz

wwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enough
Nah dont be stupid consoles are built for online play

wwecruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #5
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought you stopped playing this shitty boring GTA game and gone back to San Andreas?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #6
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
I thought you stopped playing this shitty boring GTA game and gone back to San Andreas?
Haha yeah. Go back to SA, gangster man.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #7
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
No no... i still have to play it because of the gang but i play san andreas more... to be honest as i always said i will play GTA IV now more due to the mods and online you will get with the pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Haha yeah. Go back to SA, gangster man.
o.O

Last edited by ZCAB; 08-08-2008 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: Posts merged.
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #8
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Haha, yeah! Thats what I thought as well.

Edit: I vote for still unsure as that is the only reasonable unbias option.

Last edited by Johnny-Z; 08-08-2008 at 05:47 AM..
Johnny-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #9
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Very fanboysih options so I just voted unsure.
Old 08-08-2008   #10
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Ash and ChandlerBing: no need to try to provoke people like that. Even though california6066 has a history with IV bashing, your comments were uncalled for in this thread.

As far as my stance on this topic goes, I voted "still unsure". On the one hand, you have the theoretical PC-amounts of people on one server, on the other hand you have the possibility of R* fucking up the netcode causing 64-person PC multiplayer to run like ass and console multiplayer to be preferable. Then there's also the possibility that a bad job is done optimising the performance of the game for PC, and not many people can run the game as well as on a console to begin with.

Last edited by ZCAB; 08-08-2008 at 06:17 AM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #11
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
I think it will be as good as the consoles. I don't think they would make the PC version way better without updating the consoles.
Old 08-09-2008   #12
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Well they will be the exact same I think. Only difference I could see happening is them adding a game filter and server selection. That will really be the only difference.
Old 08-09-2008   #13
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Is this ANOTHER pointless poll? Yes.

Do I think the PC MP will be different? No.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #14
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
It has been officially announced that multiplayer will be expanded for the PC version. To what degree, we can only guess, but since it's the only thing we know for sure about the PC version right now we can be sure it's at least something.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #15
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
This will be my very first time i played multiplayer on pc man i can't wait for this to come out.

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote