Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2008   #1
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
It will be in 3d *possible proof*

Look at this image:

Around the bottom left, i can see a washed out screenshot that looks like a 3d city.

Oh and mods, if im making threads too quickly feel free to delete or lock this
Old 07-15-2008   #2
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
As far as I remember, back in the 80's and early 90's they did the same thing. Make a 3D picture for a 2D game. What I'm trying to say is that a washed out picture does not necessarily mean that the game will be in 3D. Although, it is possible.

Time will tell...
Old 07-15-2008   #3
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
that is the gta iv Broker Brigde
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #4
Roxstein
╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻

Roxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant future
That's a screenshot of GTAIV, one of the first ones, in fact.

Old 07-15-2008   #5
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
it might just be background visuals....
Old 07-15-2008   #6
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road
They are definatly not going to recreate all of Liberty in GTA IV... so I'm going to just assume that washed out picture is just for looks.

www.KFCGang.net
[KFC]-ScharK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #7
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
From what I've heard, it's going to be top-down 3D.
Old 07-15-2008   #8
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Niko_Bellic, you have to stop with these PROOF threads that don't actually contain any proof, more speculation
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #9
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
GTA: Chinatown Wars, I think, will be just like GTA Advance is to GTA III, in the GTA IV series of games. Hence the artwork. It will be set in Liberty City's chinatown, but might not be limited to that area. The protagonist will most probably be Chinese.

And looking at the announcement it looks like it's going to be an RPG game. I think, you control a whole group of triads or something, and you do missions in Liberty City and that's how the "touch screen is used to navigate" around the city and stuff. It'll most probably be in 3D and another 2D screen in the secondary screen and map controls and such.

As a chinese myself, it'll good to see how they will portay the Chinese people, however. Perhaps Jet Li or Jackie Chan as the voice actor for some character? When they did not use the chinatown portion of Liberty City in GTA IV, I knew something like this was gonna happen...

And... lastly, I think the DLC packs for Xbox 360 are like VC/SA. So possibly in the future we will have more PSP GTA games!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #10
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Why SHOULDN´T it be 3D ? The Stories on the PSP were in perfect 3D, this can be almost as good.
Brotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #11
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
The DS is like the N64, the PSP is almost like the PS2. While they can make it 3D, it won't be the same way.

Not saying that's bad. We don't know anything yet.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #12
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Japsee said in the" poll thread "So will this be top-down or 3rd person?" that it would look like driver 2 and he has a point. The Ds does have power but not on the scale as the PSP does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japisee View Post
Top down without a doubt. Unless you want to see Driver 2 like graphics.

Last edited by claud3; 07-16-2008 at 01:35 PM..
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #13
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Well yeah, the PSP is effectively 128-bit and the DS is only 64-bit, aren't they?

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #14
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_Bellic View Post
Look at this image:

Around the bottom left, i can see a washed out screenshot that looks like a 3d city.

Oh and mods, if im making threads too quickly feel free to delete or lock this
nice find i was wondering if this would be in 3d nice find

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #15
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
That 3D Shot is from GTAIV like Rox explained.