Old 08-05-2008   #16
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
How Was GTA IV Announced?The game was announced at E3 2006 by Microsoft at their press event. Here is part of the press release:
Microsoft and Rockstar Games have entered into a strategic partnership to provide exclusive episodic content via Xbox Live. Two full downloadable episodes will be available a few months after the release of the game for the Xbox 360 version only, each with hours of new gameplay content. It will not be "just a car or player skin" and Microsoft claims it will be the "best downloadable content experience ever. We're talking about hours of entirely new gameplay."
"Through Xbox Live, we have a unique opportunity to reach out to our audience in new ways," said Sam Houser, executive producer and founder of Rockstar Games. "This strategic alliance allows us to craft experiences that fully leverage the on-demand distribution power and sheer size of Xbox Live."
Microsoft's Peter Moore announced the game at the E3 2006 Microsoft press event by rolling up his sleeve to reveal a GTA IV tattoo. Click the "play button" below to watch the video announcement or you can download the video.

LINK http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/gta4/

Last edited by danhex; 08-05-2008 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: link
Old 08-05-2008   #17
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Look man, we've had bogus information before, from sources way more reliable than a second hand story about what some video game shop clerks might have said. You really want to get some proper proof if you would like to be taken seriously in the event you stumble upon actual new information in the future.
Old 08-05-2008   #18
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
read above guy
Old 08-05-2008   #19
danhex

i really could give a rats ass whaty anyone thinks, or even if you believe me or not

X06: Duo of XBL GTA4 packs confirmed for 360
Rockstar's next-gen crime spree will get two Xbox Live packs, each coming within months of release; games will reportedly be as long as Liberty City Stories spin-off.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Sep 27, 2006 11:11 am PT
When Grand Theft Auto IV was announced for the Xbox 360 at E3 2006, gamers weren't too surprised. What was surprising, however, was the fact that the game was going to get some downloadable content for the game and that Sony's timed-exclusives on the game were history.

At Microsoft's X06 event currently taking place in Barcelona, Spain, Microsoft's corporate vice president of marketing Peter Moore gave gamers the latest on what's in store for the game on Xbox Live Marketplace. He announced that Rockstar Games is working on two downloadable packs for the game--to be made available within months of the game's release.

"We're not talking about an extra car or character here," Moore said when describing the "epic" episodic packs. He then joked about Rockstar keeping even him in the dark about the content packs, but emphasized that the packs would be lengthy.

A press release issued during the conference said only that the packs would add "hours of entirely new gameplay" to GTA4. No additional details on the downloadable packs were released, but industry sources have said they will be along the lines of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories in terms of length.

Source
http://www.gamespot.com/events/x06/s...823&pid=933037

The info is legitamite, im sorry for stirring up a topic thats old news, we all know we are going to get new episodes, and perhaps two cities or however its goign to work out.
Old 08-05-2008   #20
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Maybe there are more missions, but at the end of the day, you're believing someone who has no ties to Rockstar at all. So no. No-one will believe you except the gullable.

Also, "I couldn't give a rats ass what anyone thinks" Then why are you pushing this so much?

Last edited by thenotsogoodtrickster; 08-05-2008 at 10:38 AM..
Old 08-05-2008   #21
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Dont double post, read the rules.

Yeah, i still dont believe you, even with all the information above.
I will just pateintly wait until i hear from R*.
Old 08-05-2008   #22
danhex

lol good for u dawg
Old 08-05-2008   #23
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhex View Post
read above guy
Everything you've quoted as "proof" so far is not only just speculation, but well-known speculation, too. Sure there's a chance the DLC might be what those clerks said they think it is, but especially concerning our history of false information on the forums being taken as fact, there is no reason to believe it's true until R* themselves tell us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhex View Post
i really could give a rats ass whaty anyone thinks, or even if you believe me or not
It's not about us believing those clerks really told you those things, it's about us not believing what they said is true. You need to be more critical of your sources and what you feel is fact if you want to be a valuable forum contributor. We don't just take every piece of news for true.
Old 08-05-2008   #24
danhex

ok zcab i understnad what u say, i didnt say WHAT I SAID WAS TRUE< i said this is what they told me, take it as you will. I personally believe it. I dont think microsoft would waste 50 million dollars for a gun and a car...IMHO.
Old 08-05-2008   #25
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
If you're expecting more you're going to be disapointed, then you'll become one of those guys who hates GTA4 because it didn't live up to YOUR hype.
Old 08-05-2008   #26
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
Nah, I'm not believing anyone until R* releases the info.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Old 08-05-2008   #27
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Some dropout at Gamestop told me You had to beat '80s Mike Tyson in order to get into heaven. Its true because he works in gaming. Hes serious business.

Like you said yourself, Liberty City stories, as in being in LC. New missions, cars and hopefully guns and online modes(BANK HEIST DAMMIT!). No Vice City, no San Andreas. I'll be screening this post for when the DLC comes out and you barge back in here crying about how R* backstabbed you and how they owe you their life because they didn't give you what you wanted.
Old 08-05-2008   #28
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holster View Post
Nah, I'm not believing anyone until R* releases the info.

Ditto, my friend.
Old 08-05-2008   #29
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I wouldn't mind an all out war mode where you get points for blind fire kills and shooting round cover. They brought this much needed addition into GTA but no one online ever uses it. If they bring a game mode that means you get better scores for using it properly then Online play would be much more interesting.

Right now I don't even bother because it's just full of kids and morons who just want to shoot each other. Which is fine, in DEATMATCH, not Free Roam. I like to be a bit more tactical in how I play my games but that's just me, so no doubt the big guys will be more interested in pleasing their simple-minded fanbase rather than catering for all needs.

Old 08-05-2008   #30
danhex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Right now I don't even bother because it's just full of kids and morons who just want to shoot each other. Which is fine, in DEATMATCH, not Free Roam. I like to be a bit more tactical in how I play my games but that's just me, so no doubt the big guys will be more interested in pleasing their simple-minded fanbase rather than catering for all needs.

well said chand. I here you on that one....a lot of 10 year old kids whose mommy and daddy buy them xbox ...xbox live gta etc, mad annoyin too hearin their damn voice

Last edited by danhex; 08-05-2008 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: quote fixiation
Closed Thread