Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2008   #1
wwecruz

wwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enough
Rep Suggestion

I am a member on www.matforums.com it is uses the same forum code as this fine site. On their site they have a thanks button, and it adds to the thanked posters rep. I was thinking instead of using the small scale icon, we could use the thanks button, and maybe a no thanks button. it's only a suggest.

wwecruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #2
Staffybull97

Staffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud of
That is a great idea wwecruz. I agree.
And here at the end, at the end of the hurt
All the pain ain't the same when it's your turn to burn
Staffybull97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't seem like a good feature IMO.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #4
wwecruz

wwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the feedback guys.

wwecruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
And the major difference is? The current system is fine as it is, but people still take it way to seriously. It's just a bunch of numbers and green squares.
Old 08-05-2008   #6
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The hassle of reprogramming an already functional rep-giving system doesn't seem worth it in my opinion (even if there is some plugin available online that will do it already). "Thanks" and "No thanks" don't even seem like appropriate buttons anyway. I think that the current scale icon is fine.
Old 08-05-2008   #7
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road
It seems like you guys are dickheads to any suggestion tbh, he suggested and you completly shot it down like it was the worst idea ever. I like it personally but if people just post opinions it would be weird to say "thanks", but I don't care for any of it. *oh and every person who turned it down has a crapload of rep ha--(but no one with little rep has said anything but meh) except for staffy overlooked him

www.KFCGang.net

Last edited by [KFC]-ScharK; 08-05-2008 at 10:47 PM..
[KFC]-ScharK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #8
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Uh, just because we don't agree with your opinion we are automatically dickheads? I provided my explanation and I feel like I have some valid points. How about you elaborate on why you "like it personally" and explain how this requested system is better than what's in place now?
Old 08-05-2008   #9
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Uh, just because we don't agree with your opinion we are automatically dickheads? I provided my explanation and I feel like I have some valid points. How about you elaborate on why you "like it personally" and explain how this requested system is better than what's in place now?
Not really "dickheads" but it seems you could of went at it and said at least, "good suggestion".

I thought it would be a good idea as in when people post new info that no one has or helped someone out it would fit more into the catagory of "thanks", that's the only reason I liked it. This rep system works better for when people make meaningfull posts or opinions people agree with.

and that "test" is friggen sweet cause it mattered so much

www.KFCGang.net

Last edited by [KFC]-ScharK; 08-05-2008 at 11:43 PM..
Old 08-05-2008   #10
rappo
Professional Dumbass

I don't understand... If I don't think it's a good suggestion, I'm not going to lie and say it is... =/ In any case, the instance you described makes sense. However, I don't see why we'd need to replace vBulletin's default reputation system since you can just say "Thanks for that info" in the comment section and you get essentially the same thing. The current system lets you type in whatever you want, so that covers the entire spectrum. With a lot of the posts that I give reputation for, "Thanks" doesn't really cut it.
Old 08-05-2008   #11
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

K, I see. Well, maybe I try to be too nice of a person sometimes.. but w/e

www.KFCGang.net
Old 08-06-2008   #12
rappo
Professional Dumbass

I really don't see what it has to do with being nice. But whatever, I'll drop it, since what I'm saying clearly isn't going through.
Old 08-06-2008   #13
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
I apologize, but I have to disagree.Not every comment deserves a "good suggestion", a lemon cookie ,and a pat on the head. Unfortunately, it really wasn't that good of a suggestion IMO. This is a GTA site. Therefore the current rep/ranking system more accurately falls into line with how it is done in the games.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #14
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
We're not going to change something long-time members have gotten used to if it still works.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #15
norby89

norby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished road
imo rep systems are bs

I wish there was an option in the user CP to hide/show everyone's rep stats
norby89 is offline   Reply With Quote