Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2008   #1
FinalBlackout
Newbie Member

FinalBlackout is an unknown quantity at this point
Rant about people killing and blaming games (Mainly GTA)

Hey I read about GTA being banned in Thailand, To be fair I don't even give a shit but I made it rant about people killing because of games in general, Its long but In my opinion its quite a good rant

This is pathetic; People can't be so ignorant as to use video games as the excuse for killing people! I'm 17 and I'll admit Im playing this game underage - I've been playing GTA since the first game, and I've never had urges to kill or hurt anyone, and I REALLY enjoy playing Manhunt, Fake Snuff movies and gore

But I also know the limit - They're fake, I'm Autistic and I have ADHD too - People say sometimes that mental illnesses can cause people to do these things well like I said, I've never had any urges to kill people and I've just gotten major entertainment from the GTA series, Like most if us here!

If it is down to mental Illnesses or depression then parents need to look out more! Like sure Ive been upset in my life and my parents have completely ignored it and/or said I was totally ok, its stupid how parents can be so ignorant as well.

Though I was raised souly by my mother and Ive got two step brothers by different dads My little brother whos 6 and hes severely autistic (I have Aspersers, Its a minor form) asked my mom if he can play GTA, Now hes been banned from school But hes severely autistic and sometimes has punching fits, Now hes also smart enough and says why he did it, And not once has he said GTA!

Im gonna rest my rant with this last paragraph, Jack Thomson youre a fool, you play on peoples ignorance and you dont know when to stop. Its people like you that let people think they can get away with blaming video games.

So tell me your own opinions, And I know I'm underage but who really gives a fuck?
FinalBlackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #2
Staffybull97

Staffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud of
Man, I swear, you could not have explained my opinions better than how you just did. I have also never felt the urge to go out and kill someone. I love GTA. People seriously need to stop finding excuses for people's actions. To kill that guy was HIS choice and HIS choice only. It had nothing to do with video games. If someone's mature enough to play GTA underage, then like you said, who gives a fuck how old they are? He was 18 right, that's the age limit for GTA (I believe). Apparently he wasn't 18 in his head because if he was would he be killing people due to GTA? No, I don't think so. He made the decision himself and nothing else made that decision for him. I'm a lot younger than him and you don't see me going out and killing people. It's really stupid that all of Thailand now misses out on a great game due to the stupidity of ONE person in Thailand.

STOP BLAMING VIDEO GAMES FOR PEOPLE'S ACTIONS!
And here at the end, at the end of the hurt
All the pain ain't the same when it's your turn to burn
Staffybull97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #3
mmartin
Newbie Member

mmartin is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, this is like blaming heineken for car accidents.
mmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #4
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
My thoughts exactly.. the guy who stole a cab is OBVIOUSLY crazy. What sane man would go so far to re-enact robbing a cab and killing someone because of GTA IV?
Old 08-05-2008   #5
Reiji

Reiji is on a distinguished roadReiji is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin View Post
yes, this is like blaming heineken for car accidents.
My dad actually sued / blamed everything connected to the drunk driver that "murdered" my older sister, and he won the case. My family is still in a rage of anyone who drives drunk and I just lose respect to people who do that in real life, but I don't get angry when Niko drives drunk, it's like being mad at a massive stack of pixels.

Last edited by Reiji; 08-05-2008 at 07:56 PM..
Reiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #6
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
god this is so old, but i agree with you, jus hate hearin bout GTA bein blamed for fucktards who kill people and blame it on ....r*
danhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #7
Staffybull97

Staffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud of
Totaly agreed Danhex.
And here at the end, at the end of the hurt
All the pain ain't the same when it's your turn to burn
Staffybull97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #8
GarrettQ

GarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji View Post
My dad actually sued / blamed everything connected to the drunk driver that "murdered" my older sister, and he won the case. My family is still in a rage of anyone who drives drunk and I just lose respect to people who do that in real life, but I don't get angry when Niko drives drunk, it's like being mad at a massive stack of pixels.
Im terribly sorry for your loss, and please dont take my statement the wrong way. A lawsuit like you mentioned just doesnt sit well with me. Blaming an alcohol beverage company for someone driving drunk, and in your case killing another person, isnt morally correct. Granted, the production of such a drink has led to loads of pain for you and your family, but is only the fault of the person behind the wheel. The same argument can be made for cigarettes and guns. The tobacco company is not responsible for anyones lung cancer, the people who smoke the cigarettes are. The gun manufacturers or sellers are not responsible for gun related murders, the murderous gun owners are. Now if it were illegal to sell these items, and the sale could be traced back to the company, then that would be a different story.

Im not pointing a finger at your family or anyone else, but lawsuits like these are won against the wrong party all the time in the US. Dont get me wrong, drunk drivers should burn in hell, but too often its the company rather than the individual that gets punished.

GarrettQ
GarrettQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #9
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
Im terribly sorry for your loss, and please dont take my statement the wrong way. A lawsuit like you mentioned just doesnt sit well with me. Blaming an alcohol beverage company for someone driving drunk, and in your case killing another person, isnt morally correct. Granted, the production of such a drink has led to loads of pain for you and your family, but is only the fault of the person behind the wheel. The same argument can be made for cigarettes and guns. The tobacco company is not responsible for anyones lung cancer, the people who smoke the cigarettes are. The gun manufacturers or sellers are not responsible for gun related murders, the murderous gun owners are. Now if it were illegal to sell these items, and the sale could be traced back to the company, then that would be a different story.

Im not pointing a finger at your family or anyone else, but lawsuits like these are won against the wrong party all the time in the US. Dont get me wrong, drunk drivers should burn in hell, but too often its the company rather than the individual that gets punished.

GarrettQ
exactly, ive had to dodge them by driving thru peoples lawns, but thats liek those people who sue McDonalds for making them fat... its not like McDonalds wakes you up and shoves the food down you against your will...
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #10
Reiji

Reiji is on a distinguished roadReiji is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post

GarrettQ
Oh no, I'm sorry, I wasn't any way offended of your statement. I know what my dad did was not morally correct, but he was really angry at the drunk driver, he just thought doing that will give her some "justice". I'm just saying that there are people like MADD that are pointing fingers at GTAIV because they have drunk driving, I'm not mad at GTAIV for having the option to drive drunk since it's a fictional game in a city full of criminals. Whatever I do in video games does not reflect me in real life unless it has to do with my racing skills.

Last edited by Reiji; 08-05-2008 at 11:17 PM..
Reiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #11
KumaKarhu

KumaKarhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive been playing GTA since I was 8 years old!!!
killing because of some game sounds foolish
KumaKarhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #12
doombringer12
It's About War Not About Peace

doombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enough
thats wrong and i really messed up but hey i wouldnt lie if they told me i could get away with it if i blamed it on a game ur damn right i would.
thats my opinion

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:dragon_Alphabet
doombringer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #13
GrungeRockCity
Outshined

GrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished road
I've played the games since I was 14. And trust me when I say that I was a LOT more immature then, than I am now at 20. It never affected me in a bad way, other than maybe having a higher open-world expectation for more video games on the market. lol.. but, yeah. It's like blaming the Cigarette companies because John Wayne took it upon himself to smoke six packs a day, blaming Budweiser because John Bohnam choked on his vomit, or blaming pot plants because little Jimmy wanted to be cool, smoked a joint, got paranoid, and ended up running out in front of a car, killing himself. It's stupid. THE BLAME NEEDS TO BE CAST WHERE IT BELONGS! But people are too pussy to accept that, I guess...

Official PSN ID: GrungeRevival18
GrungeRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote