Old 07-26-2008   #1
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Gangs

Why aren't there any street gangs in GTA IV. It was awesome to have triads shout meaningless phrases at you and ballas stand around you until you make another step, then they pull out there 9mms.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #2
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
I don't know. E-mail Rockstar, they made the game.
Ask them.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #3
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
i thought the hollan hustla's was a street gang

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #4
GarrettQ

GarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished road
I personally think that there are gangs. They arent really advertised or official, but there are certain parts of the map that are inhabited by certain people. The area with the famous "slingshot swing set" is a great example. there have been times when my car just shot straight forward into a group of guys. They got up and started shooting at me, when i shot back, like 15 other guys started to shoot at me from the street. This can also be said about the mafia guys that drive the tricked out sentinels.

I dont know if this really represents "gangs", but it kinda seems like em to me.

GarrettQ
GarrettQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
There are several gangs, they're just not as prominent as they were in other titles. They mostly blend in with the rest of the pedestrians and traffic, but they're there.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #6
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
it's kinda fun starting a fight rumble where that swingset is at

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #7
eltankejorge

eltankejorge is infamous around these partseltankejorge is infamous around these partseltankejorge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Payne 2k8 View Post
Why aren't there any street gangs in GTA IV. It was awesome to have triads shout meaningless phrases at you and ballas stand around you until you make another step, then they pull out there 9mms.
yes my friend there are, in bohan every guy with a puertorican flag shoot you is you shoot one of them, they all started shooting me because i standed in front of them right i there faces, then i started running like a bitch
Old 07-27-2008   #8
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
There are gangs in GTA:IV, they arn't as noticable as they were in previous GTA's because you woulden't expect people to walk around the street with guns out would you now.

Gangs normally hang out in around groups of 3 I think, such as were you take jobs for Elizebetta. You can see gang members around that building.

Also in certain areas around the city if you fire your gun people will pull guns out and fire at you, they are also gang members.
Old 07-27-2008   #9
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
This is the kind of thing that pissed people off about IV, I mean it would be a kick ass game.. If it wasnt GTA. The ps2 trilogy were so loved by the public that a lot of people are pissed off with the new changes.

I personally think Gangs of people who mostly look the same and really stand out are part of what (In my mind ofc) makes GTA grand theft auto. Hopefully Rockstar are going to add some gang content in DLC.

Personally if they add buyable properties, gang content or anything that made SA and vice the games they were but were removed in gta IV (Except the afros and the blah blah blah, I hate all of that crap) then I will go to the shops and buy another copy of IV as I sold my last one after completing it to buy mgs 4 (8 times complete going on 9 ). Anyhow a bit off topic but meh better than making a new thread called DLC whishlist.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #10
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
In my opinion the fact that the gangs blend in with the rest of the population makes the game more interesting. Now, you have to choose your random violence more carefully or you end up on the business end of a gangland shootout. The street gangs of SA were ok (I guess) for the purpose it served to illustrate the gang culture of California (San Andreas) and the importance of colors. The gangs from the III and Vice City in retrospect, were very simplistic and not that realistic. There are many gang members that walk around and you wouldn't know they're in a gang. They do not always advertise affiliation through clothing.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #11
MisterBlanco
Banned
Banned

MisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these parts
I miss the old system where it was frikken obvious who gang members were
(i.e walking around in groups, same colour pants - shirt - hat ect.)

Now it's like when ever I hit a pedestrian and he shoots back I go "What the f*ck he has a gun!?" lol

For example the other day I was 'role playing' (making my own missions) and decided to professionaly kill a guy inside the 69th st. diner. I move in to melee this guy (who looked mid-forties, had grey hair, dressed sharply) with my gun and he takes out a gun and blast back at me! DEN DA OTHA DUDE at the table gets up too, takes cover, and shoot at me tooooo!!

At this point I'm going wild, jumping onto the counter, going trigger happy. Murder both of them, capin a bullet in both their heads, and everyone else in the diner (NO WITNESSES BOI) and afterwards eventually lose the cops after a long exciting chase.

hmmm now that I think of it.... It was better than most missions in GTA4.

cant wait to see the bad reps i get for this. .
MisterBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #12
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Nah, MisterBlanco you have an opinion and you shouldn't get hammered for having one. The gameplay experience is unique to each player. I hope R* can accomodate there original fanbase with some classic gameplay elements.
Old 07-27-2008   #13
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRussell89 View Post
Nah, MisterBlanco you have an opinion and you shouldn't get hammered for having one. The gameplay experience is unique to each player. I hope R* can accomodate there original fanbase with some classic gameplay elements.
No, they shouldn't. The fact that GTA 2 left out some things in GTA 1, and GTA III left out some things in GTA 2, and GTA VC left out some things that were in GTA III, and so on and so forth, is what makes all the GTAs fun and enjoyable. It is also what makes each game unique, yet all of them have common points.

After all these 11 years, I thought true GTA fans would actually realize this. If GTA IV had all the features all the previously-released titles had, would you go back to playing the past titles and actually enjoy them? I say, perhaps not.

I still play the past titles once in a while now, and it's pretty interesting. I still get a fun and unique experience with each GTA game, and that's what it's supposed to be like. It's not like Saint's Row where you just take the same city and "expand" it with the exact same feeling and atmosphere, and then you throw out the previous games.

Even LCS and VCS, they felt different from GTA III and VC respectively. I think that's a really honorable achievement Rockstar has achieved. If you're really a true GTA fan, just appreciate what each GTA game was and the experience and atmosphere each one provided.

And, on-topic: the new gangs system is much more realistic. I mean, it wouldn't add to the fun if all the pedestrians looked the same. Just like in real-life, you never really know which guy on the street is a bad or a good guy just by the way he or she dresses.

Last edited by De7erminist; 07-27-2008 at 03:51 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #14
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

I guess you're right. It would be a nice gesture though to give back to the fans who have helped buid their empire. Fans bought millions of copies for some reasons. I'm just saying it could be their way of saying "Thanks, here you go!".
Old 07-27-2008   #15
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
I see alot of gangs, the other day I jacked some guys car at a gas station and like out of now where 5 guys just came and pwnt me.