Old 07-23-2008   #1
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Animals

How do you think the game experience would have changed with people walking dogs, cats roaming the alleys, dogs fighting in the park etc? Even a zoo I think may have got some good attention but that may have been taking it a bit far. The only problem I see is the RSPCA side, if they knew you could kill animals, then no doubt GTA would have been cancelled almost instantly, yet it's fine to kill humans. But on the other hand, if animals were invincible, then the realism would be lost.

Weird they left it out but understandable all the same.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #2
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
I don't see why it is such a big deal. All the dogs would be is a bunch of files and pixels. If the dogs were real then there would be a case.

Maybe if Rockstar put in the credits, 'No animals were harmed in the making of this video game' it might be acceptable. lol

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #3
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Maybe the same reason that children have never made it into the series, far too much heat that Rockstar didn't want.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #4
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Yeah, true.
I still think its a load of bull of what people think these days.
Im sorry, but today's society sucks.
Make one simple mistake, and boom, everyone is up your ass.
Old 07-23-2008   #5
Poseidon417

Poseidon417 is an unknown quantity at this point
CoD4 - You can snap the necks of/shoot dogs...
Crysis - You can pick up and THROW Quails, turtles, chickens and soon to be Rats in Crysis: Warhead at enemies or walls

Nobody seems to give them flak...
Poseidon417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Not to mention in both Hitman games and Metal Gear Solid you can kill guard dogs, but it's GTA, if GTA had that sort of thing it WOULD get in trouble just because it's GTA.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #7
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Maybe the same reason that children have never made it into the series, far too much heat that Rockstar didn't want.
You remember, a baby was in a cut scene from VCS, I thought for sure some nut would mod that into a controversy
Old 07-23-2008   #8
Poseidon417

Poseidon417 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
Not to mention in both Hitman games and Metal Gear Solid you can kill guard dogs, but it's GTA, if GTA had that sort of thing it WOULD get in trouble just because it's GTA.
And what I don't get is - some people would give the argument that "Oh, well in CoD4 it's part of the storyline! You're not in an open world!". Well, in Crysis you are...maybe Quails, Turtles and Rats aren't as "cute" as dogs to some people?
Poseidon417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #9
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
See, thats the thing.
Its fine if you shoot a dog in the eye, But if you do it, then hijack a car, people will go bezerker.

Plus people will probably kill their dog in real life and blame GTA.
Its rediculous.

EDIT: Poseidon, we just like posted the same thing, only different words.
Old 07-23-2008   #10
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
How do you think the game experience would have changed with people walking dogs, cats roaming the alleys, dogs fighting in the park etc? Even a zoo I think may have got some good attention but that may have been taking it a bit far. The only problem I see is the RSPCA side, if they knew you could kill animals, then no doubt GTA would have been cancelled almost instantly, yet it's fine to kill humans. But on the other hand, if animals were invincible, then the realism would be lost.

Weird they left it out but understandable all the same.
having cat's in alley way's would be a good idea actually the zoo idea would be funny just imagine niko going in the animals habbitate and they start to attack him and niko would say aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh some one help me that would be so hilarious
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #11
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
Cats and dogs would be quite cool. To avoid controversy R* could just make them all feral and then when you have to 'put them to sleep' it wouldn't be like your drowning baby kittens.

Imagine being able to throw a wild cat at an enemy to distract them, while you order the rabid dog you trained to bite them in the nuts.
As ever though some sick freak would take it too far. I had the unfortunate luck of being in the same server with a guy who was giving a detailed lecture on how to swap a a cats eye for a marble. He was serious too. I couldn't believe how many people found it funny.

TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #12
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
trowing cat's and dogs on people would be even more funny especialy if you throw them a a swat team member
Old 07-23-2008   #13
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBud View Post
I had the unfortunate luck of being in the same server with a guy who was giving a detailed lecture on how to swap a a cats eye for a marble. He was serious too. I couldn't believe how many people found it funny.
Dont worry, i had a guy who gave me around a two hour speech on god and the bible in Test Drive: Unlimited. He told me to pray and everything, and asked if i ever broke one of the ten commandments.
i got like six. lol
Sorry to get off topic.

Animals, WE WANT THEM IN THE NEXT GTA, DAMNIT!!
Old 07-23-2008   #14
Blaze0785

you know rockstar said about a few years ago that they was going to put animals in san andreas on the pc version in the country side but they said something force them not to
Old 07-23-2008   #15
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
animals would be nice especially if you had the option to own a dog or something

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grittack is offline   Reply With Quote