Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2008   #1
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Question Helicopter not losing wanted. Glitch?

I've had this problem several times now. I'll have a wanted level and will jack a heli to try to get away. Thing is, the wanted radius stays centered on me no matter how fast I move or how far I go. I went out to the middle of the ocean, so far until the city was a speck in the distance. Still have the wanted radius around me.

Anybody know what's going on? I don't know if it has to do with having a higher wanted level or what. I thought you were supposed to be able to get away using that method.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-19-2008   #2
Charger
<.>

Charger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished road
You can't get away by using a Helicopter, its no glitch.
Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #3
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Thats strange I have gotten away before using the chopper.
Old 07-20-2008   #4
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despirited View Post
Thats strange I have gotten away before using the chopper.
That would have been a low wanted level, you can escape from one or two stars in a heli, but once the police helicopter is after you (3 stars & up) you can't escape with a helicopter, I assume because the police helicopter can monitor the airways or something to that effect, essentially meaning it can always see you.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #5
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
i coulda sworn i was able to evade a 3 star in a heli by flying low through algonquin, but not near any cops.. maybe it was only 2 stars =P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grittack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #6
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
See what I mean? It seems to be a confusing issue.

You CAN get away from a low wanted level with a heli. Like when I jack an annihilator from the police station I only get 1 star and can leave that easy. But 3 or 4 it sticks with you.

I'm not sure if R* meant to do that or not. It was never said by them that you can't evade a high level with a heli, was it?
Old 07-20-2008   #7
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
The annihilator is a police helicopter, perhaps it's got a tracking device in it or something, so you can't escape from the cops. Not sure about the Maverick, but I think you can't escape it either. They can always see you in the air, I guess.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #8
jackmap
GTA Gaming 's #1 Fan

jackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enoughjackmap will become famous soon enough
Question

You can get away with helicopters. However, it depends on how high your wanted level is. Usually if it is around 2 stars or less, you could most likely get away...
jackmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #9
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

I'll have to try different things. I googled looking for an explanation. Someone suggested flying low to the ground to escape it.

People were using the explanation that "oh, they can see you because you're in a heli! The cops just look up! They probably put out a warning to all cops to look out for a chopper!" That is bullllshit. Using the same logic, why would you be able to escape the wanted radius in the same car? Wouldn't the cops keep looking for it?

I also looked in the strategy guide, which goes into some detail on each wanted level. It says nothing about not being able to lose your wanted in a chopper. In fact, it says that a helicopter is a great way to lose a wanted level. And that box is between the section on 3 and 4 stars.

So far, I'm thinking this is some sort of glitch. And making up stories about how the cops are watching the sky or have tracking systems in the chopper don't do it for me. Pulling explanations out of nowhere when there's no factual proof that this is why that's happening... c'mon.
Old 07-20-2008   #10
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
iif you fly low enough radar cant detect you
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #11
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Not a glitch, at 3+ star wanted levels, you're supposedly picked up by radar, therefore your location is always known. Whether or not you can fly under the radar and escape I do not know.
Old 07-20-2008   #12
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

Thanks for the explanation, Slim. How did you know this?
Old 07-20-2008   #13
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
I'll have to try different things. I googled looking for an explanation. Someone suggested flying low to the ground to escape it.

People were using the explanation that "oh, they can see you because you're in a heli! The cops just look up! They probably put out a warning to all cops to look out for a chopper!" That is bullllshit. Using the same logic, why would you be able to escape the wanted radius in the same car? Wouldn't the cops keep looking for it?

I also looked in the strategy guide, which goes into some detail on each wanted level. It says nothing about not being able to lose your wanted in a chopper. In fact, it says that a helicopter is a great way to lose a wanted level. And that box is between the section on 3 and 4 stars.

So far, I'm thinking this is some sort of glitch. And making up stories about how the cops are watching the sky or have tracking systems in the chopper don't do it for me. Pulling explanations out of nowhere when there's no factual proof that this is why that's happening... c'mon.
Does the thematic reasoning really matter? I don't think so myself, just know that 3+ stars means you can't escape the area in a helicopter.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #14
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
I've had this problem several times now. I'll have a wanted level and will jack a heli to try to get away. Thing is, the wanted radius stays centered on me no matter how fast I move or how far I go. I went out to the middle of the ocean, so far until the city was a speck in the distance. Still have the wanted radius around me.

Anybody know what's going on? I don't know if it has to do with having a higher wanted level or what. I thought you were supposed to be able to get away using that method.

Thanks guys!
i was wondering the same thing because i tryed to escape the wanted level with a heli to i even tryed to fly out into the ocean and still did'nt work
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #15
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

Alright, I tried to escape again with a heli. I was stuck with my wanted radius when at 3 stars. I tried flying low to the ground to escape "radar" and it didn't work.

This ended with me flying out to sea, getting too close to the water and crashing. There were boats around and a heli looking for me. After a bit of swimming I was about to escape the radius when some cop somehow spotted me. I got shot. Died.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to accept that you can't escape 3+ stars with a chopper. Crap.