Old 07-05-2008   #1
Darth_Vader
Evil User

Darth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enough
Possible new easter egg.

I haven't looked around on the web for this, but here goes. On middle island, there is a car shop called 'Grotti'. It is around the corner from your safehouse on Albaney Ave. The name 'Grotti' is the last name of a New York mob boss named John Grotti. He was arrested in '93 or '94 I think for charges like murder and racketeering. I'd like to thank the National Geographic Channel for helping me out with this. They had a documentary about him and his crime family. I'm pretty sure this was the person R* was referring to.

Edit: The mobster's name was 'Gotti' not 'Grotti', but this is most likely who R* was referring to.

Last edited by Darth_Vader; 07-05-2008 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: Misread
Darth_Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #2
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Sorry but everyone knows about the grotti showroom, but still interesting to know where they might have got the name from.
Old 07-05-2008   #3
Darth_Vader
Evil User

Darth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enough
I was pretty sure people knew about the showroom, I was just pointing out the name.
Old 07-05-2008   #4
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
knew about both things seperatly but never put them together. good work.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #5
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
Thought it had something to do with genitals, don't know why though.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #6
Darth_Vader
Evil User

D:
Old 07-07-2008   #7
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Darth_Vader, please refrain from making 1 worded/content-less posts as it is against the rules here.

Please read the rules of the forum.

this is just a verbal warning.

Last edited by iKlipse; 07-07-2008 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: Corrected :)
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #8
Darth_Vader
Evil User

I'm not exactly new. Sorry about that, won't happen again.
Old 07-07-2008   #9
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Correction, the former mafia leader of the Gambino Family was named John Gotti. I can understand your interpretation with R* adding an R to it.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #10
Darth_Vader
Evil User

I corrected myself above in the edit Anywho, the reason I think this is who R* is talking about is because they did this sort of thing in the past. They like to flip around names and stuff. As most of you might know, Ray Liotta was the voice of Tommy Vercetti and in Vice City Stories, you can find a billboard that advertises something called Ray the otter, a cartoon character or something. See what i'm saying.
Old 07-07-2008   #11
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
sounds like a coincidence
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #12
sweepcat9
Newbie Member

sweepcat9 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's just a play on the English word 'Grotty' meaning shoddy or poor. It's a sarcastic play on words as obviously the cars are meant to be top quality
sweepcat9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #13
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepcat9 View Post
It's just a play on the English word 'Grotty' meaning shoddy or poor. It's a sarcastic play on words as obviously the cars are meant to be top quality
Aye, it is