Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: When should the next GTA be set?
The past. (Post which decade!) 23 31.08%
The present. 36 48.65%
At the same time as another GTA. 7 9.46%
The future. 16 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2008   #1
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Question WHEN should the next GTA be set?

Inspired by Markonious' post, when should the next one be set?

I think it should be in the future. Cars Back to the Future 2 style - drive or fly. Hoverboards. Jet packs.

Weapons with old fashioned bullets but also lasers. Maybe an unlockable ZF-1?

We've done the past and present. Let's get creative.
Old 06-22-2008   #2
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
Nah,not the future.One of the great things about GTA is how it nails the culture of the time period in which its based perfectly. To have it based in the future means that it wouldn't have that same sort of appeal. I don't like the idea of hover boards or back to the future style cars. It would be entering sci-fi territory too much for my liking.I have nothing against sci-fi , It's just something I wouldn't desire to see on a disk bearing the title of GTA,especially if it delves into the many future cliche's such as hoverboards. I think another game in the present could be potentially great if they take it to a good setting. Perhaps outside of America. Already from the base up things would be considerably different since another country means another culture.
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #3
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I would say the past.
Maybe around the 1950's, 60's, or 70's.
Just imagine the graphic's and physic's!

Or if anything, present time in a different country.
Old 06-22-2008   #4
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
they should try the 70s
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008   #5
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
The present would be good, if they do Vice City again in the next GTA it would be cool to see it in present.
Old 06-23-2008   #6
norby89

norby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished road
in the near future (just like GTA2)
norby89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #7
Jay_BillyWR250
Newbie Member

Jay_BillyWR250 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think gta in Vice City would be sweet.Img this walking down the street,seeing a house in little havana,you see through the window people partying,you go inside the open door,music is playing people are having a good time.Depending on the time of day if they arnt drunk yet,say 8 pm they say get out of our house,then u come back at 12 pm and they are drunk and don't even care that you are a stranger,they start partying with you as the people next door yell at them to be quiet,next thing you now the cops show up,so you book it over a fence.Come back next day and the house is trashed and people are passed out on couches with the tv still playing.This small house in a large city is just one little thing,but this real life feal that rock star is trying to capture would top it off.It's possible but r* has to do thing like this right not half done.
Jay_BillyWR250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #8
power valve
Wise man once told me For the banter!!

power valve is on a distinguished roadpower valve is on a distinguished roadpower valve is on a distinguished roadpower valve is on a distinguished road
Definitely a next generation vice city, no doubts to it, it would be awesome.
Old 06-27-2008   #9
Jay_BillyWR250
Newbie Member

I was also thinking.Ocean Beach drive with lights of all colors along the buildings and people siting out front clubs,custom cars that people are showing off doing burnouts up the street you know,something different rather then the cars driving perfectly by "so boring".The whole party feel of Miami thrown in,like i said before, you look inside and people are partying having a good time the realistic is what i am after.What you all think?
Old 06-27-2008   #10
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
The 70s.

Well, I would like to see Vice City in the 80s again. And San Andreas in the 70s.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #11
Jay_BillyWR250
Newbie Member

Seeing SA in the 70's i can picture that with impala's and muscle cars controling the streets.
Old 06-27-2008   #12
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I would like to see a gta i between Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories. Because all main characters were alive then so a story that had all of in it. In all truth a Gta Carcer City game

Last edited by claud3; 06-27-2008 at 06:19 PM..
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #13
Strike.

Strike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enough
A modern day Vice City would be awesome.
Strike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #14
jaybay20000
Reppin Dukes

jaybay20000 is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with claud3 and 70s in SA?? that would be crazyyy imagine playing as The Truth?? or jus seein a bunch of hippes everywhere and jimi Hendrix playin on the radio that would be awesomeee and i like the modern day VC too
jaybay20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #15
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
I like the SA in the 70's idea. I personally think R* could do a great job making fun of all the pop culture of the 70's. Just imagine the parodies; Fantasy Island, Sanford & Son, The Love Boat, The Donny and Marie Show, Barney Miller, etc. It would be hilarious! Also, the soundtrack would have so much potential. Arena rock, punk, disco, funk, r&b, etc. the list goes on. Think about, the atmosphere would be awesome(oh god, I used awesome again).

Last edited by JRussell89; 06-28-2008 at 03:23 PM..
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote