Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should high quality be forced for all embedded YouTube videos?
Yes 36 70.59%
No 15 29.41%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2008   #16
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DY View Post
I voted yes but I'm happy either way at least now I can just embed aside from linking

also test:

----------------
Now playing: Billy Talent - Line & Sinker
via FoxyTunes

dx ftw

I'm going to have to say yes to high quality.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #17
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Finally! I had wanted this for a long time, but was only aware of the "official" BBCode for it only available to vBulletin customers.
Old 06-18-2008   #18
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
I think I'm going to try and incorporate the "official" one because this one can be abused with autoplay.
And I believe the official ones allows you to disable it somehow someway...

Edit: Alright, so the official one is overly complicated (as it supports tons of unnecessary websites and file formats). I just went ahead and took their main function, which is playing the videos through an FLV player, and made that. Now the videos should be safe from autoplay, but I don't think it's possible to do the high quality versions like this, you'll just have to go to YouTube for those.
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #19
EndriT
I Carry Albanium Gats
Newbie Member

EndriT is an unknown quantity at this point
This is awesome. Good job adding this.
EndriT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #20
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic View Post
dx ftw
+rep

Nice job rappo.
Old 06-28-2008   #21
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
nice idea, I always wondered when gtagaming would allow embed on youtube vids the clan forum I use has had it forever

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #22
fedec96
fedec96
Newbie Member

fedec96 is on a distinguished roadfedec96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
I've added another custom BBCode alongside the spoiler code, this time it's for embedding videos from YouTube. All you have to do is put the YouTube video ID between the youtube tags and you'll have an embedded video in your post. There is also a new button on the advanced and quick editors for automatically putting the YouTube tags into your post. Here's an example:

Video I want to use: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qmcFHNOLt0Q
Video ID: qmcFHNOLt0Q
BBCode: [youtube]qmcFHNOLt0Q[/youtube]
Produces:

Enjoy! But remember that all of our forum rules apply to videos, too. If a video you embedded has absolutely nothing to do with the thread at hand, that is equivalent to posting off-topic/thread derailing.

With great power comes great responsibility.
Man, this video is no more available
fedec96 is offline   Reply With Quote