Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2010   #1
Asmo
Not a Cock

Asmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura about
Subforums for III Era Games

I noticed this while visiting the San Andreas, Vice City, and III forums earlier today, why are there no distinct subforums for each game? The IV forum, unlike the rest of the GTA forums, have specific sections for different aspects of the game such as gameplay, help, etc. I like to read through the other forums every now and then, because I still play a lot of the older games. There's the search feature, I know, but it would really make those forums look more organized then they are.

Not sure how much strain would be added to the server/database, but I think it would help. I would also be willing to help move some existing topics to their appropriate subforum also, if this was indeed added/readded.
Asmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Simple answer is there just isn't enough activity within these forums to constitute a necessity to create sub-forums to divide topics. With the exception of San Andreas - Vice City Stories, none of those forums even had sub-forums initially. The sub-forums that existed in San Andreas - Vice City Stories have since been merged into one forum. To be honest with you having multiple sub-forums for each game makes it much harder to moderate and not to mention effectively browse the forums. Keeping those forums dedicated to any general discussion will also assure that topics are seen more so there is a greater chance of initiating a discussion when people don't have to dig through forum upon forum to find a thread.

At this point adding sub-forums and having to manually move relevant threads would be way more trouble than it's worth, completely outweighing the benefit of doing so.

Eventually I believe there may just be one large forum for all "GTA III Era" game discussion. The unfortunate truth is that the discussion of the older games dies down over the years and keeping them in their separate forums would make them appear inactive. If GTAGaming had a significantly larger and more active community this may not be so, because there would always be new topics to look into.

I appreciate your feedback and suggestion, not to mention your willingness to help perform such a task, but I don't think we'll be bringing back any sub-forums at this time. At this point we're looking more towards the present and future of the GTA series.

Thanks again and if you have any other feedback don't hesitate to bring it up!
Old 03-16-2010   #3
Asmo
Not a Cock

Asmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Slim, I definitely understand where you're coming from. I really love to play the older games, so it bothers me seeing the forums for those games somewhat unorganized, if you know what I mean.

I'm way too OCD when it comes to stuff like that, haha.
Asmo is offline   Reply With Quote