Join Date: Nov 2009
Like the thread, want to keep:
- Things you didn't like from GTA IV
2) Controls, it's really problematically when you have to use F to get in the car and Enter as action button and so on.
3) System Requiraments, I mean, did you hear what Mafia is going to do? They're going to make game which will be the same strong and heavy as GTA was, but engine will let you play it even on weak PC's and you won't have problems with that.
- Things that you liked about GTA IV.
1) I liked that there were no stupid missions like bombing buildings with little radio planes and stuff. It really annoyed and IV had all plot reasonable. I mean, where did you see drug lord controlling little radio sports car to bomb rival drug lord army... pff.
2) Liked the physics of cars and people. Thought, they could work more on running and so on.
3) Liked that you could make decisions, like, kill someone or not to kill, or decide whom to kill. It really makes you somehow free.
4) Liked that there was that life outside the missions. Like those random people like Brian and Madman, simply walking streets, meeting you and asking for favor. You can do whatever you want in game and in same time meet someone/something new.
5) Liked that you can call and use cabs. It was really annoying to drive empty plantations of San Andreas when you have your boss in Las Venturas who says you to kill some dude in Los Santos, so you have to drive for like half hour throught all that desert and also could get in some accident and die or get cought by police. All last missions of VI I passed using Roman's cab and simple taxi's, was amazing.
- Things you'd like to see come back
1) I would like to see all those things I liked in IV. Also, I would like to be able again buy mansions and stuff like it was in Vice City, just more real, that there would be owner, price and so on. I don't know, maybe in IV you could do that, I passed it till last mission and didn't end, lost savegames, but as long as I played there was no such option.
- Things you'd like added
1) I would like that it would be more realistic with carrying weapons. Come on, how can you carry sniper riffle, bazzuka and AK in same time? Even not counting such nonsenses as knife, pistol and uzzi. I read that Mafia worked on it and there will be trunks in cars available to carry heavy guns there and that you can carry only two types of guns with yourself. It's more real.
2) Would like more freedom with friends/girlfriends. Not like when you pick up your girlfriend and go to bar or so and after that she asks you to drive her home and even doesn't let you touch her. Would be great if you would have more options, like after cabaret or something going to dinner and then invite her not wait till she will invite you. Don't know, when you try to pass missions hardly, you become tired, so such little things are really cool. For me...
3) Also would like real life for main character. I mean, all girlfriends GTA main character ever had broke up with him. It was never serious. First date, you pick her up, go to dinner, bring back home. Second date, pick up, go to dinner, bring home. Third date, pick up, dinner, she invited you - and so for some next times. And then all ends, she portrays you or just disappears and so on.
4) Bigger connection with previous games. I loved hearing Fernando Martinez on the radio of San Andreas after I passed Vice City. It was really great, but again, too less information. Same as I really enjoyed working with Kent Rosenber and Paul Kent in San Andreas, loved to see them different and so on, but in same time there was nothing told about them. Also, in IV there many times is heard "Vice City" on the radio and many missions. Some more characters moving from one game to another, more stories, explanations and so on. I'm really interested in that. And as Vice City is my favourite GTA it always makes me kinda sad hearing something about Vice on the radio of Liberty City.
All for one.
Join Date: Apr 2007
I liked the new physics engine and the realistic damage to vehicles.
Would like to get golf caddies, go karts, etc. to return. Get rid of the annoying friends constantly calling. Have some more references and cameos from previous games. Would be great if you had a girlfriend throughout the game, with no real obligations. (Sort of like in VCS, but better). Some more clothing options would be great and (albeit limited) weapon customisation. (Having the possibility to have a silencer, a scope on an M4, ...)
Oh, and a "rage mode" of some sort would be nice. When turned on, cops won't bother you, excessive blood and gore is enabled, your health decreases at half the rate (sort of an adrenaline mode), ...
Join Date: Jan 2009
Things i liked about IV.
1. Physics engine
3. Water Reflections
6. Jumping from Helis
7. Mission Repeat when you fail a mission
10. Integrity 2.0
11. Multiplayer (Swing Glitch with friends)
12. Car Suspensioni
Things i hate about IV
1. Car Sounds
3. Dumb cops (Again)
4. Plain City (No terrain variations)
5. Few Clothing options (I WANT SOME SHADES)
6. You can't undress the character like CJ in San Andreas
7. Laggy Multiplayer
8. Not many cheats
9. Easy Missions (Go and kill or loot someone)
10. No planes
In the next GTA i would love to see some planes. It would be awesome to have a low fly by and scare some guys online. Also Come on. If i am driving a V8 Pickup Truck i want it to sound like one. If they also improve Anti-aliasing setting it would be great. Uncharted 2 is a great example of an amazing Anti-aliasing. Make some more cities and terraing variations, and not just a city.And Also it would be awesome if you bail out of the chopper and you crash in a building, it would be awesome to smash through the window... HAHA. And Also since the game is 18* why dont you add the option when a grenade explodes near someone, to blow it up to pieces. And PLS make Trains and all movable objects Destructable. I want to take down planes on the Airport. And if they make Buildings damagable like in Mercenaries 2.... HOLY HELL. And what would be cooler than to undress the character naked and make him wear only pink boxers. That's what i did with CJ in SA. I was laughing my ass off. And last will, for which XBOX owners will hate me. Make the next GTA a PS3 exclusive, so you can really do everything, because you have the space to fit it on. XBOX owners had enough with the two DLC's which we did not get. And we feel kiind of left behind. So PLS do something for us to enjoy extra.
Join Date: Mar 2007
interior for almost every building to make it more realistic. and have some buildings/ houses locked so that to enter you would have to break in etc... would add so much more to the game.
so you could do bank robberys or house robberys etc.. without being in missions just when you want to.
Join Date: Nov 2009
Ah, I also loved the way how they came up with the cars. I mean, begore there were somekind unreal and dumb looking cars, because of copyrights, so they were just making something similar, but different from real ones. In this game it was cool collobrated the back side from one car with front from another, and damn, so real. Why they couldn't make it before... I hope they will keep doing so in next GTA's as well.
And I really liked the roads, I mean, they were more realistinc. Hills, man, hills always was problem for GTA. Those unreal roads with big big hills and 90 degrees turns like it was in San Andreas, it's so damn boring, so dumb, you can't feel great playing the game in such place. So I hope they don't fail same in next GTA as well.
And third thing is, I hope that if they re-make San Andreas, as many from this forum hope and believe they will, then they really should work on structure of cities. San Andreas was so boring, so empty and so large... It was waste. Those big plantations of grass and forests, and those endless deserts with roads which don't take you anywhere. That's really empty game, and I hope that if they re-make at least Las Venturas, they don't make it so empty.
Join Date: Nov 2009
I would like to see:
I was disappointed with:
So yeah, next time around, i'd like a good storyline, where I'm a nasty character without remorse in a world with more enterable buildings (not just houses/apartments), more intelligent NPCs, and no girlfriends or friends who respect me less when I don't want to 'hang out' every day. Oh and gore and god modes.
GTA addict since 2001
Join Date: Nov 2004
Would anyone like more gore? Remember in GTA 3 there was a code for it?!
lmao, maybe not like that with limbs flying off so easily and rolling around. But I'd like to see some more gore for sure. Realistic damage would be great. I'd love an explosion to be able to gib someone. Or a point blank shotgun blast to tear through limbs and then take them off.
If that means less sex content, so be it. There's almost no point when you're looking at the side of a building hearing lame commentary of what's going on.
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey, USA
YES I WANT GORE!
Not too sound like some kind of freak, but for the sake of realism fuck yes gore. You'd think someone's limbs would go flying off after standing next to an exploding grenade. But the gore HAS to be realistic, you know if limbs come off, they need to look "ripped off". I want more realistic damage on people in the game overall. Visible bullet holes, etc. If R* does something else I want in the next GTA, bringing back awesome melee weapons, then this stuff will be significant to the overall effect of using them for sure.
Yeah I sound sick but sorry it would just be awesome.
GTA addict since 2001
Join Date: Nov 2004
No Slim, it's not sick. Every once in a while I want to play a good bloody gore game. Gears is pretty good for that as of now.
Even being able to gib people in Team Fortress 2 is entertaining! My first intro to ultra violence was Soldier Of Fortune and Kingpin way back in the day. You could take limbs and heads OFF with a strong enough blast. Once the body was down, you could keep going and turn a dead body into a bloody stump... or less!
Wanting to see fictional people getting hurt is just entertaining, just like watching a good horror flick. It's all in good fun!
In going with the whole realistic gore stuff and melee weapons, if the katana came back... oh man. The damage you could do. Slicing people with realistic damage? I'd also like to see a cheat that would set the katana aflame so you then have fire damage on top of cut damage.
I really want to see jetpacks come back. I've always wanted a Rocketeer style, high speed flying version. Maybe something that's like Rocketeer meets Iron Man where you can take off like a bullet or hover around and make trouble.
Check this out:
Kinda like that but way faster. And it doesn't even have to shoot from the jet pack itself. I could see the main character holding a weapon, or dual wielding while flying. Head at a target and shoot straight ahead of yourself, or hover in place and pick people off. When zooming, your hands are by your sides with weapons clenched.
Last edited by dokujitsu; 12-07-2009 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
I'm gonna do this differently, pick and choose from the DLC:
Things I want back from The Ballad of Gay Tony:
1) Fight Club (NOT a Requirement for 100% however)
2) Base Jumping (Nice little activity)
3) Club Management (RENAME to Bodyguard, instead of ponying around Celebs, perhaps we could do a mission for a club owner who then allows us to be a Bodyguard for the Club when we want)
4) Drinking by yourself (Quick way of getting drunk without pissing about with Friends)
5) Dancing (People seemed to like this, but have more variety in the dances instead of the same ones)
6) Actual Night Clubs (3 or 4, and have them all accessible, not show off the best club and then lock it into ONE mission!)
7) Driving Range (if there is a golf driving range then it should return as another option!)
Things I want back from The Lost and Damned:
1) Gang Wars (I always liked these more than Drug Wars, more basic and more fighting, way better to meet up with the gang and then go wreck another gangs cargo or meeting and then scatter)
2) Friend System (In TLAD, it was brilliant, everything unlocked, they didn't call you, they respected you and everything was cool with the guys)
3) Back Up (Terry and Clay can ride along with Johnny for most missions, it was up to the player if they wanted them there, this should return in the next game)
4) Gang Formation (Rewarding you for hanging with the gang with Health and Armour Boosts, possibly Ammo too if it returns?)
5) High/Low Card Game and Arm Wrestling (Mini games that were good, unlike Air Hockey!)
6) Mission Check Points [+ Mission Replay] (Check Points should be brought back but since it's done via Phone, give us the option of which point in the mission to restart it from, if it has multiple check points, and Mission Replay should return)
What should NOT return:
1) Mission rating (On first Play Through at least, this should be saved for Mission Replays)
2) Needy Friends (Mainly from IV but the friends system here was way too needy and desperate for Niko's attention)
3) Air Hockey (No skill or trick, just pure luck, annoying side game)
4) Clothing System (I'll be honest, I'm a fan of SET costumes, so TBOGT/LCS and VCS style I prefer, if going back to separates then it needs to be done faster and have a lot more choice)
5) Cop Spawning System (It seems better toned in the DLC, but it was very annoying in the game when you'd turn down various streets to escape the police and suddenly one would spawn right around the corner and see you!)
6) SLOW STARTING HOLD YOUR HAND MISSIONS (Maybe this was just for IV, but A LOT of people were put off the game and found it boring due to the first quarter being utter boring with very basic missions just to train people how to use the games features, in the DLC and the Stories games however, it throws you straight into the action after a couple of brief recaps)
What SHOULD come back:
1) FUN CHEATS! (VC and San Andreas style cheats, hell, we're cheating so we might as well go crazy with them!)
2) Planes (NOT Huge planes though like San Andreas, just small planes like the Dodo or Sea Skimmer)
3) Basic Car Modding (This is GTA, we trash most of our cars, but being able to choose a Car Colour and if we want to apply a NOS boost in it for some quick fun would be a good idea [No Crazy Shit like Rims, Spoilers, etc again this is GTA, that car is going to be trashed soon!])
4) Random Generated Licence Plates (This was obviously unfinished for IV)
5) Taxi Missions (Vice City Stories Style!)
What Should NOT come back from previous GTA games:
1) Going to the Gym
2) Having to eat to Survive
3) Stats building
1) More People! (GTA IV did good, but for New York, it felt quite empty at times, if there can be more people on screen then it will just feel more alive)
2) Control Response (As tested, GTA IV on consoles has a slightly longer response time from the players controls compared to the average for a 30fps game, this should be worked on a reduced so it doesn't feel as sluggish)
That's all I can think of for now.
GTA addict since 2001
Join Date: Nov 2004
Agreed on the car modding, Ash! Basic customization would be cool. I was hoping for NoS like in Burnout Paradise where you use it as you want. Not once you hit the button for it, it uses it all at once and you're like an out of control rocket.
Seems a lot of people want melee weapon variety!
The comeback of the chainsaw would be awesome. I also liked the idea of random objects become melee weapons. Dead Rising?
I keep referencing other games just because GTA hasn't applied it yet. They've danced around the ideas and touched on them, but I'd like to see them nail them in certain ways.
GTA 4 was fun in it's own way, but I want it to feel like a GAME again and not so much of an interactive drama. It can be serious and still have the wacked out fun in it. GTA 4 made it possible to make your own fun and mini games, but the others before it didn't seem to make you have to go out of your way to do so.
I'm a big DeLorean fanatic and I like horror movies, so taking Tommy from VC.. I'd grab my silver Deluxo, dress up in overalls and a hockey mask, wield a chainsaw or machete and hit the town. Now in 4 I get small cars and do the swingset GLITCH. Or go falling off tall buildings. Fun, but not the same.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|