Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2008   #1
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb The next GTA. Ideas and such.

I thought I'd start a thread on the next GTA. Kind of like a constructive criticism. What you'd like to see and what you can do without.

For example..

- Things you didn't like from GTA IV
- Things that you liked about GTA IV.
- Things you'd like to see come back
- Things you'd like added

I'll start this.

Didn't like
1. HAVING to hang out with friends and girlfriends. Can get annoying.
2. Multiplayer issues
3. Pointless interiors/useless ATMs
4. Clothing system. Not many options (2 Perseus stores?). And having to scroll through your wardrobe to pick. List what's available, plz!

Liked
1. The new physics
2. Realistic damage to vehicles
3. The diverse speech tracks
4. The cell phone system
5. The missions, side missions, and other official things to do.

Bring back
1. Heavy weapons and lots of melee weapons
2. Special vehicles (BF Injection, Deluxo, Go Karts...)
3. Planes, or at least parachutes
4. A camera and savable pictures

Add
1. More gore
2. Ability to add notes to in game map

Hopefully this won't get out of hand and turn into GTA IV sucks! San Andreas was the best! No, Vice was! BBLLLAARRGHHHFANBOYISMNUCLEAREXPLOSION!
Old 06-15-2008   #2
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Lol @ the end of your post. I don't have enough money to get a ps3 so i don't have GTA4i've only played it for a few mins so i'll have to do this without reference to 4.

Didn't like (mine is about the past games)

1. Deliberately anal missions everyone hates, for example in san andreas the mission "Photo opportunity" you have to drive all the way through the countryside to pick up cesar, then drive all the way to blueberry or one of those towns then all the way back to angel pine and if you ruin the car or don't take a pic of everyones face, 1 mistake means you have to drive back and do it all again. Those ones piss me off. Also when you get a call from cesar when youre in angel pine telling you to go meet catalina, you have to go all the way across the map to her. Those ones seriously drive me nuts. So yeah if the next GTA is a big map like that with lots of different terrain, i hope they leave that frustrating stuff out.

2. America. I'm persoally sick of GTA always being america I think next time they could try somewhere else.

Bring back
1. SULTAN. Bloody love that car.
3. Planes. I like being able to nick one and fly wherever I want when i'm lazy haha.
4. A camera and savable pictures (I second that)

Add
1. NZ lol.
2. Old characters. Would be great but won't happen. But i'd like to see some kind of reunion of everyone
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #3
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilty.by.association View Post
2. Old characters. Would be great but won't happen. But i'd like to see some kind of reunion of everyone
I agree. I wish we could have the old protagonists make appearances.
Old 06-16-2008   #4
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
I think it would be good to have police difficulty settings, so that you can have more fun going on rampages without having to worry about the cops on your ass. The cops are so good in GTA IV that it is easy to be discouraged from using your weapons and in a game that is all about crime and shootouts it didn't work very well.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #5
08lasventuras
Newbie Member

08lasventuras is an unknown quantity at this point
Liked:

*Graphics
*Realism
*Internet & TV
*Relationships
*Good radio stations
*Vandalizing is easy

Disliked:

*Annoying people calling
*Cops don't go away
*Not many TV shows
*Not enough clothing stores

Should return:

*Building muscle
*Car customization
08lasventuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #6
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
* Keep the graphics and physic's.
* Put it in modern Vice City.
* Get rid of a billion friends.
* new protagonist, but old one's return.
* one girlfriend, not so needy.
* more clothing options, but faster than SA.
Old 07-24-2008   #7
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
i would like it if you can customize how you can hold a weapon and customize it with silencer's and scopes and stronger bullets
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #8
EyeVee
Newbie Member

EyeVee is an unknown quantity at this point
Next GTA

Taking some weapons like the dildo and bouget of flowers was a good idea, but the chainsaw was a GTA trademark.

Ability to pick up more items than just cans and coffee cups, and actually bash people with them instead of throwing them. Breaking a beer bottle over someone's head etc.

Be able to meet a friend for an activity instead of provide chauffer service. Driving Packie back to Dukes from the club in Alderney is so cumbersome and makes me want to abandon the friend activity feature.

Pressing B for the cinematic camera was a good idea but could use some touchups. You should be able to toggle the speed of the slow-mo camera such as with Stunt Jumps, and it would be cool if instead of the camera always just focusing on the car, it could be placed down an alleyway or through a window, so that instead of it being a cinematic about the car driving down the street, it could be a picture of a street that you just be happening to drive down. Zooming by pressing forward or back on the right thumbstick would be a nice touch.
EyeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #9
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
not bad ideas but what about differant cities like take liberty city for an example then they could add like australia but here is the cache you can't get there by flying a helicopter you have to buy a ticket for a plane or use a boat like the one niko came off of but you can free roam on the boat and the plane you can see people sitting down having meals and getting up to stretch and on the boat you can free roam go out side the boat and look at the water but if you try to jump off there is an invivsible barrier that will block you from doing that and you can see people playing pool inside the boat and everything then if you don't want to wait then you can go to the room you have in the boat and make the character go to bed then when you wake up then you will be in the destination man just imagin rockastar putting that in there think of the story line and you got the big desert and this time there will be animals like kangaroo's and other animals that live in australia oh and there will not be snakes at all

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Old 07-26-2008   #10
jim_genius5

jim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished road
Dude, friends that are a must to hang out with is just annoying. I thought finishing the package jobs for Lil' Jacob would be enough to have him as a friend and deliver me the weapons. Instead, I got that feature after I completed the game, which is completely useless.
jim_genius5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #11
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Here is a mission First i know these two characters are dead but if they were alive this would be a cool mission

ok we have to go and kill tommy and claude because they have being dealing on the slay and we are not getting any of the action. We were ment to ge the spank and divide it between each other but they screwed us and we have to kill them. They have lotz of body guards ex-mafia guards from saint-marks and tommys body guards from his mansion. So the way to get in is to kill 20 guards first at the entrance and then walk in taking out the other 180 guards inside each guard has a pump action shotgun and have body armor so it is a hard mission are you up for it.

After the shootout with the guards we have to face tommy and claude they are harder and pack alot of weapons and will use cover alot. We have to be quick and kill them when we do we take the spank and the money around $1,000,000,00 and get $500,000 each are you happy with the mission

Last edited by claud3; 07-28-2008 at 01:30 PM..
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #12
Blaze0785

nice story claud3 i would have never thought of that

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Old 10-30-2009   #13
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

I was first inspired to find my old thread when I heard about GTA mods on consoles... and the people abusing them. I guess they got patched, which is good!

So let's talk badass cheat codes. I know there's a bunch people want. We got our weapons and cars. What else is there? I can think of a good few. Some new, some old.

- GOD mode
- Flying cars
- Cars drive on water
- Super hits (unarmed hits of both hands and feet make objects and people go flying)
- Super melee weapons (same as above, but with blunt objects)
- No cops (not erase wanted level, instead cops never bother you like in the free mode option)
- Super jumping
- Low gravity

Old 11-05-2009   #14
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Cars are indestructable and ram through other objects (cars, peds, etc.) as if they were air.

Would be awesome.
Well, that would've just been the "No Clipping" mode of the Rage Engine, wouldn't it?

ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #15
GrungeRockCity
Outshined

GrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished road
Make it where hanging out with friends isn't a necessity to 100% (but still an option), bring back the varying terrains, vehicle types and features of San Andreas, and include a Custom Soundtrack feature on the PS3 version similar to how the MP3 Player in III/VC/SA works, or how Independence FM works in IV. At the VERY least, this is what I can settle for and be content in with the next GTA.

Maybe if there's anything else, just improve on the realism a little bit more by bringing back dismemberment, or even making the tires come off of vehicles with certain ways of wrecking, or maybe even having the car split apart in the right situations. Maybe improve on the multiplayer aspect a little, and keep some of the stuff that's in single player available in that aspect this time around, like the bowling, or pool, or whatever else. All of this in mind, I will be more than content with the next GTA.

Official PSN ID: GrungeRevival18
GrungeRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote