Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2008   #1
bigbro
Banned
Banned

bigbro is infamous around these partsbigbro is infamous around these partsbigbro is infamous around these parts
About pop-ups and jagged lines, you have them too, don't try to deny.

So it's gta4 , on the new generation of consoles, but still from the second I got to the first gameplay segment , I was deceived again. All the old problems are there again. You drive fast , you see pedestrians and trash cans pop-up on the side of the roads, The pop-ups appear from farther away compared to San Andreas , but still a lot of pop-ups, drive a boat and you'll see objects in the water nearly appear in front of you , there was even a time I would drive a car a little fast and bang, I crash into a cement block that poped-up just as I hit it. You see dumpsters , fences pop-up, you see building walls going from low-res to detailed, and what about the vegetation , go to a place with little trees on the ground, just walk with Niko, and you see it all appear as you advance. And jagged lines on posts , fences, bridges, still a very pixelated game. I play it on a LCD 52 inch samsung on HDMI in 1080p, you can't get a better quality than that , I can't believe gamespot gave them a perfect 10, it must be a kiss-ass review since they got the game early and they want the next one early too. And I got the 1.01 update too on PS3 didn't change a thing. Talk about it people , it can't continue like that.
bigbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #2
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Who cares? You've got an amazing game in GTA IV and you choose to pick at little things like this? Pathetic.
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #3
Shotgun
Fucking Psycho

Shotgun is on a distinguished roadShotgun is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbro View Post
So it's gta4 , on the new generation of consoles, but still from the second I got to the first gameplay segment , I was deceived again. All the old problems are there again. You drive fast , you see pedestrians and trash cans pop-up on the side of the roads, The pop-ups appear from farther away compared to San Andreas , but still a lot of pop-ups, drive a boat and you'll see objects in the water nearly appear in front of you , there was even a time I would drive a car a little fast and bang, I crash into a cement block that poped-up just as I hit it. You see dumpsters , fences pop-up, you see building walls going from low-res to detailed, and what about the vegetation , go to a place with little trees on the ground, just walk with Niko, and you see it all appear as you advance. And jagged lines on posts , fences, bridges, still a very pixelated game. I play it on a LCD 52 inch samsung on HDMI in 1080p, you can't get a better quality than that , I can't believe gamespot gave them a perfect 10, it must be a kiss-ass review since they got the game early and they want the next one early too. And I got the 1.01 update too on PS3 didn't change a thing. Talk about it people , it can't continue like that.
Do i need to explain you why? Well, here is the reason why there are pop-ups in every GTA game...

Since the first 3D GTA came out, every GTA game were developed to Consoles... yep.. CONSOLES. The reason why there are so much pop-ups in GTA IV is that, not even the PS3 could handle higher draw distance settings in a high-quality, and very detailed city, with a decent Frame Rate...

And since the PC versions of GTA have always been released in the second place, they were directly ported them from the console versions... This means the PC and console versions of GTA games are identical...even the bugs, glitches and other things are the same..

Conclusion: Learn not to develop a game to a console... And another conclusion: Consoles are for weak minded sissies...
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #4
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
ash is coming..... and boy is he pissed!

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #5
bigbro
Banned
Banned

bigbro is infamous around these partsbigbro is infamous around these partsbigbro is infamous around these parts
But common, for me it's really killing the buzz. They try to make it look realistic, but how can you look at it as if it's a realistic looking city when you see objects popping up everywhere. For the roads and the cars it's a great improvement , look far and you still see cars appear but they appear at a good distance, you don't see them appear near in front of you like in the past. When you drive, don't look in front of you , look at the side walks , you'll see what I mean. Look far on the side walk, all you see is the side walk and lamp posts, then drive slowly and pop pop pop , a pedestrian just poped up , pop! a trash can pop! a dumpster ! pop pop pop the fences , you drive on the grass seeing as if there's nothing to stop you and pop! You see a barricade . It's popping like crazy at some spots , the worse is when you are in a detailed grassy area with trees, don't need a car there , just walk in it, you see the tall grass popping, the little trees, all the shit just pop pop pop!!! The exact same thing it did on the old ps2, is the ps3 really that more powerful?? I don't think so! When you look far away it looks blurry , it doesn't look realistic at all. And for those who say they don't have any pop-ups or jagged lines, and everything looks so smooth, you 're just lying or you don't have any critical judgment. I can put any game in front of you and you'll say WOW perfect!! It's GTA !! So I can't critic anything about it , it's GTA so it's the perfection at it's prime!!!
bigbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #6
CynicalBastard
Banned
Banned

CynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these parts
Quote:
But common, for me it's really killing the buzz. They try to make it look realistic, but how can you look at it as if it's a realistic looking city when you see objects popping up everywhere. For the roads and the cars it's a great improvement , look far and you still see cars appear but they appear at a good distance, you don't see them appear near in front of you like in the past. When you drive, don't look in front of you , look at the side walks , you'll see what I mean. Look far on the side walk, all you see is the side walk and lamp posts, then drive slowly and pop pop pop , a pedestrian just poped up , pop! a trash can pop! a dumpster ! pop pop pop the fences , you drive on the grass seeing as if there's nothing to stop you and pop! You see a barricade . It's popping like crazy at some spots , the worse is when you are in a detailed grassy area with trees, don't need a car there , just walk in it, you see the tall grass popping, the little trees, all the shit just pop pop pop!!! The exact same thing it did on the old ps2, is the ps3 really that more powerful?? I don't think so! When you look far away it looks blurry , it doesn't look realistic at all. And for those who say they don't have any pop-ups or jagged lines, and everything looks so smooth, you 're just lying or you don't have any critical judgment. I can put any game in front of you and you'll say WOW perfect!! It's GTA !! So I can't critic anything about it , it's GTA so it's the perfection at it's prime!!!
Paragraphs.
CynicalBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #7
atdray
AlcoholicA

atdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enough
Things may pop up here and there, but I really don't care. I'm too drawn into the game to really give a shit. I have fun.
Old 06-14-2008   #8
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Honestly, i hate when people rant.
If you dont like the game so much you need to tell the whole world, make your own damn game.
Personally, i think this is the best R* has done so far.
Of course, every game out there isnt perfect.
And its a GrandTheftAuto FIRST NEXT GENERATION GAME. They arent going to have every single detail fixed and in-game just for a few players who rant, like you. Most likely, they are laughing at your post right about now.
Also, drive really fast in real life, and tell me if you can see clearly out of your side window.
Old 06-14-2008   #9
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
So what? a few jaggered lines, who cares, if you don't like the game then don't play it! Simple as that!

Edit; Nice PM by the way bigbro, appreciated it!

Last edited by Johnny-Z; 06-15-2008 at 04:34 AM..
Johnny-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #10
ZBRANIGAN
25 star general of D.O.O.P.

ZBRANIGAN will become famous soon enoughZBRANIGAN will become famous soon enoughZBRANIGAN will become famous soon enoughZBRANIGAN will become famous soon enoughZBRANIGAN will become famous soon enoughZBRANIGAN will become famous soon enough
Quote:
do you honestly believe advertising?
ZBRANIGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #11
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
also ive heard that its best to run it at 720 not 1080...

but really every game on any console has SOME jagged lines somewhere and things appearing/disappearing...

you design a game that is lag, pop,blur,non jagedness and make it work on multiple systems, oh and have every bug worked out. thats what patches are for they fix issues people(AKA guniea pigs) are having with games, unless u want them to wait a year and a half to play every mission with every possible combo of anything, drive up and down every street with every car and all speeds...

stop whining and go play somehitng else. I bet i could nit pick your favorite game too.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #12
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
1080p is not the best resolution for IV, IV is in 720p, so the jaggedness you may see, could be coming from the fact it upscales to 1080i/p.

and about the pop-in what do you expect? its a game not real life, things need to be loaded, and it cant load everything within i game mile or so from where you are, because it doesn know where you are going to go next does it, and thats alot of stuff to have constantly in the RAM, along with everything else,
It would just slow the game down. personally i dont notice it anyway, just stop paying so much attention to the little imperfections, and play the godamn game!
Old 06-15-2008   #13
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Firstly, did anyone here deny having pop ups?

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #14
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Only a very small fraction of the number of HDTVs sold to date support full 1080i/p rendering. If your TV doesn't have a native resolution of 1920x1080 or above then you're wasting your time selecting 1080i.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #15
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Just adding to everyone else's comments. I think GTA IV does a much better job at hiding the jagged lines than other games do. The watercolour blur effect was brilliant, it added a bit atmosphere and erased any blatant jagged lines of things further away.

And I'm not going to say anything else, I can't even begin to respond to your post, bigbro. You're complaining about a little thing, and not putting up a good arguement at that, if you're having constant problems with popups like you say you do, then you have a problem with your console.