Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008   #106
Johnny-Z
 
Johnny-Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Land Down-Under
Posts: 687
Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Reading through posts in this thread I noticed there is a big debate going on here, some saying that GTA IV should be compared to GTA III others saying that is just silly so why don't I just take a stab at comparing GTA IV to GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.
Here goes...
GTA III --> GTA IV

GTA III features.
# A new fully 3D game world taking the GTA series to a new level.
# A fully proper storyline without nameless charactrers.
# Lisenced music sountrack.
# You no longer lives, anotherwords you can die as little or as much as you like.
# More realistic car physics.
# Day to night cycle.
# Weather effects.
# Side missions eg; taxi, ambulance, firefighter.
# Able to pick up (buy) weapons at a gun store.
# Ability to do drive-by's with a sub-machine.
# 3D physics engine.

GTA Vice City features (New)
# Able to enter interiors.
# Ability to buy food to recovor you health.
# Ability to change clothes (without cheating)
# You walk up to a shop attendent to buy weapons, thus making it all the more realistic.
# A new selection of weapons including the M60, MP5, PSG1 (sniper rifle), and trigger explosives.
# Weapons properly catergorised into 9 catergories. handguns, shotguns, malee, sub-machine guns, assault, heavy, thrown, sniper rifles and fist.
# Moterbikes introduced.
# Helicopters and plane introduced.
# Ability to buy safe houses.
# Main character has a name.
# Main character speaks.

San Andreas features (new)
# Respect feature.
# Able to recruit gang members (from your gang)
# Car modifications.
# Full flying system.
# 3 cities instead of one.
# Girlfriends.
# Able to take over gang territories.
# Even more weapons available for use.
# Able to enter a whole lot of building interiors.
# Able to work out at the gym to get your character fitter, eat to get fatter.
# Ability to swim.
# Ability to enter your safe houses which you buy.
# Ability to ride bycicals.
# Gangs no longer drive one specific vehicle.
# Proper real-time lighting effects.
# Able to set the area around you on fire with a flame thrower.
# Pimping side missions.
# Able it import/export vehicles.
# Ability to grab onto and climb over walls and fences
# The list goes on...

CLEAN SLATE
Now think of GTA IV as a compleatly new game disign and get Vice City and San Andreas out of the picture for a minute. Think of the GTA games as just GTA 1, GTA 2, GTA III, and GTA IV.

GTA IV.
# Girlfriends and relationships.
# Real-time targeting system and covour system.
# Fully functional cell phone feature.
# Able to catch taxi's around the city.
# Euphoria and RAGE physics engines.
# Proper realtime lighting and weather effects.
# Cops arrest peds should they see them commiting crimes on the streets.
# Able to enter interiors and without load times.
# Improved suspension ov vehicles, making the physics more realistic.
# Main character has a name and compleate background history.
# Dialogue isen't always the same everytime a character speeks.
# Ability to swim.
# Multiplayer!!

Sure there ain't some things in GTA IV that were from San Andreas, but many of those things in San Andreas were pretty half arsed anyway.

And those who are saying Saints Row 2 will be batter then GTA IV, "I Don't think so!"
(sorry if this post is off topic it just seem'd that it fit in at this current time)
__________________
Johnny-Z is offline  
Old 06-23-2008   #107
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 183
Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_zoo View Post
...

And those who are saying Saints Row 2 will be batter then GTA IV, "I Don't think so!"
(sorry if this post is off topic it just seem'd that it fit in at this current time)
Oh don't get us all wrong.
Some people just say Saints Row will be fun and are bashed for that.
As much as we love the GTA franchise can't we love a game that uses the same concept as well?

Anyway about your comparison:
It's done nicely for people who care.
With that I mean I look at every game as a new game.
A game were their precedors have nothing to do with.
I find this way of looking at games rather satifying.
You can't miss things they left out from other gamesq and stuff.
Sure you can go like: "Aw that feature was fun as hell in XXX"
But then you say: "But this is YYY and has that thing that XXX didn't have"
Are you still with me?

Anyway the thing I find funny is that if GTA IV was made by another company and had another release name.
People would "hate/dislike" it as well. Just for the reason it aint R*'s GTA.
Sublimo is offline  
Old 06-23-2008   #108
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net
 
De7erminist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 590
De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
I'm not going to go into an argument of discussing the quality of Saints Row and GTA as I've done previously, but you do know that you completely contradicted yourself, right?
Where have I contradicting myself?
De7erminist is offline  
Old 06-23-2008   #109
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy
 
.LiLe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saint Louis-STL
Posts: 2,034
.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Well, it's the new millenium now, eight years into it still. I don't see why there are STILL people who will appreciate entertainment that are of substandard quality such as the Saint's Row and MapleStory series. In fact, they are of such a low standard they shouldn't even be branded as "video games" to the consumer, because it lowers the integrity of the consoles they are produced for and the similar games. GTA IV is a product of a high standard and quality, and it should never be compared to Saint's Row, because it's like comparing a lowlife individual (Saint's Row 2) with a god (GTA IV).

I think the Entertainment Software Association should do something about the quality of today's video games, because I don't want to continue to play games of low standard anymore. Where is next-gen gaming? Nowhere, because the only true video games we have are GTA IV, Guitar Hero 3, MGS 4, Halo 3, Gran Turismo 5 and a few others. Not even enough to make a hundred.

Sometimes I think it is funny that people try to compare rotten goods with premiere products like Grand Theft Auto IV and say that Saint's Row 2 which is of rotten quality, is better. All because of one video. Never judge a film or a video game by its trailer. Never.
I agree with you 99.9%. That is the truest post in this GTA IV vs SR2 war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_zoo View Post
Reading through posts in this thread I noticed there is a big debate going on here, some saying that GTA IV should be compared to GTA III others saying that is just silly so why don't I just take a stab at comparing GTA IV to GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.
Here goes...
GTA III --> GTA IV

GTA III features.
# A new fully 3D game world taking the GTA series to a new level.
# A fully proper storyline without nameless charactrers.
# Lisenced music sountrack.
# You no longer lives, anotherwords you can die as little or as much as you like.
# More realistic car physics.
# Day to night cycle.
# Weather effects.
# Side missions eg; taxi, ambulance, firefighter.
# Able to pick up (buy) weapons at a gun store.
# Ability to do drive-by's with a sub-machine.
# 3D physics engine.

GTA Vice City features (New)
# Able to enter interiors.
# Ability to buy food to recovor you health.
# Ability to change clothes (without cheating)
# You walk up to a shop attendent to buy weapons, thus making it all the more realistic.
# A new selection of weapons including the M60, MP5, PSG1 (sniper rifle), and trigger explosives.
# Weapons properly catergorised into 9 catergories. handguns, shotguns, malee, sub-machine guns, assault, heavy, thrown, sniper rifles and fist.
# Moterbikes introduced.
# Helicopters and plane introduced.
# Ability to buy safe houses.
# Main character has a name.
# Main character speaks.

San Andreas features (new)
# Respect feature.
# Able to recruit gang members (from your gang)
# Car modifications.
# Full flying system.
# 3 cities instead of one.
# Girlfriends.
# Able to take over gang territories.
# Even more weapons available for use.
# Able to enter a whole lot of building interiors.
# Able to work out at the gym to get your character fitter, eat to get fatter.
# Ability to swim.
# Ability to enter your safe houses which you buy.
# Ability to ride bycicals.
# Gangs no longer drive one specific vehicle.
# Proper real-time lighting effects.
# Able to set the area around you on fire with a flame thrower.
# Pimping side missions.
# Able it import/export vehicles.
# Ability to grab onto and climb over walls and fences
# The list goes on...

CLEAN SLATE
Now think of GTA IV as a compleatly new game disign and get Vice City and San Andreas out of the picture for a minute. Think of the GTA games as just GTA 1, GTA 2, GTA III, and GTA IV.

GTA IV.
# Girlfriends and relationships.
# Real-time targeting system and covour system.
# Fully functional cell phone feature.
# Able to catch taxi's around the city.
# Euphoria and RAGE physics engines.
# Proper realtime lighting and weather effects.
# Cops arrest peds should they see them commiting crimes on the streets.
# Able to enter interiors and without load times.
# Improved suspension ov vehicles, making the physics more realistic.
# Main character has a name and compleate background history.
# Dialogue isen't always the same everytime a character speeks.
# Ability to swim.
# Multiplayer!!

Sure there ain't some things in GTA IV that were from San Andreas, but many of those things in San Andreas were pretty half arsed anyway.

And those who are saying Saints Row 2 will be batter then GTA IV, "I Don't think so!"
(sorry if this post is off topic it just seem'd that it fit in at this current time)
Very well said there.
.LiLe. is offline  
Old 06-23-2008   #110
SA
Registered User
 
SA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 314
SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
You are forgetting this is a sandbox game, not an action game that happens to take place in a big world. In GTAIII, VC and SA you could do all of this: rob houses, pimping missions, gun shooting machines at the gun shops, taxi missions, ambulance missions, vigilante missions, fire ambulance, pizza delivery, character customization, car customization, gang turf wars, gambling, property, house/apartment buying, driving and boat school among other thing to toy around with like jets, jetpacks, numerous weapons that aren't in IV. On top of this, doing each side mission rendered you a reward, whether it be fireproof via beating the firetruck missions, or something cool at your safehouse via every 10 hidden packages/tiki's you collect.

So yes, you are missing something. The amount of content removed from previous GTA's in IV is ridiculous, unwarranted, and entirely nonsensical.
Quote for truth man, the content they took out of GTA in IV disappointed me a whole lot.
SA is offline  
Old 06-23-2008   #111
aRTee
Kustom Kulture
 
aRTee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,732
aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Note to R* when doing new game that should outstand everything else; Dont remove stuff that was in the previous games.
aRTee is offline  
Old 06-23-2008   #112
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy
 
.LiLe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saint Louis-STL
Posts: 2,034
.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRTee View Post
Note to R* when doing new game that should outstand everything else; Dont remove stuff that was in the previous games.
But remember, they wanted to make GTA IV realistic.
.LiLe. is offline  
Old 06-23-2008   #113
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins
 
Skillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 455
Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Where have I contradicting myself?
The entire last paragraph of your post.
Skillet is offline  
Old 06-24-2008   #114
aRTee
Kustom Kulture
 
aRTee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,732
aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lile23 View Post
But remember, they wanted to make GTA IV realistic.
But remember, its not allways good.
aRTee is offline  
Old 06-26-2008   #115
NamAim1991
Registered User
 
NamAim1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Two up, Two down.
Posts: 290
NamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really nice
I would've liked if they had just kept more of the customization features. For example cars in the game are customized, but it's not something you have an option to do. The Sentinel, Sultan, and Uranus can be found customized, but you can't customize them yourself. It also annoys me that you can't pick the colors of your car when you go to a Pan N' Spray. I understand the whole idea of realism, and the fact they were doing all new cars and what not probly made customization for these things hard, but it was still kind of annoying that i couldn't do it. Also I prefered the clothing system from San Andreas. It took a lot less time picking and choosing what you wanted to wear than scrolling through everything.

But overall, I'm glad things were streamlined from the game. A lot was unnecessary and unwanted. Yes taxi missions could've been done better, but oh well.

Anyways back on topic. I found that the video by THQ was completely uncalled for. What kind of slanderous marketing is that? I mean I like still like Saint's Row, but this was kind of uncalled for. GTAIV even kind of payed homage to Saint's Row by naming a street after it's fictional city Stillwater. That wasn't slanderous in anyway. Not like the way that San Andreas bashed Driver or True Crime. WTF THQ?
NamAim1991 is offline  
Old 06-27-2008   #116
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 183
Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamAim1991 View Post
...

Anyways back on topic. I found that the video by THQ was completely uncalled for. What kind of slanderous marketing is that? I mean I like still like Saint's Row, but this was kind of uncalled for. GTAIV even kind of payed homage to Saint's Row by naming a street after it's fictional city Stillwater. That wasn't slanderous in anyway. Not like the way that San Andreas bashed Driver or True Crime. WTF THQ?
Bashing other free roam games has been going on for ages.
GTA does it
SR does it
Driver does it
True crime does it
They ALL do it
Sublimo is offline  
Old 06-27-2008   #117
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
 
thenotsogoodtrickster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunderland, UK
Posts: 862
thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Where have I contradicting myself?
You say don't judge a game by one video wich you're obviously doing, brandishing Saints Row 2 as substandard, and like a lowlife compared to God.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline  
Old 06-28-2008   #118
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net
 
De7erminist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 590
De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Coco View Post
You say don't judge a game by one video wich you're obviously doing, brandishing Saints Row 2 as substandard, and like a lowlife compared to God.
If I were to judge Saint's Row 2 by that video, it SHOULD have been fun. Meh, I'm judging it from Saint's Row. Note that I refered to Saint's Row as a series. Saint's Row 2 will be fun, but when it comes to the developers... they're not even close to the perfection of R*, hence my statement.

Same Developers = Same Quality of Work

Don't you get it?

Besides, it has already been a long time since any game ever got a 10/10 from MULTIPLE reviewers. What makes you think that a "wannabe" tittle that comes along a few months later will succeed in getting 11/10 review scores? As far as I know, there are no reviewers who will give such scores. Saint's Row 2, for its same city and poor graphics, would have only scored a 9 if it even was BETTER than GTA IV in the other areas.

Saint's Row will only be better than GTA when it gets developed by some delevopers that take their work seriously, like Real Time Worlds, for example. Or Blizzard. Once bitten, twice shy. If you have already wasted money on the first Saint's Row, and that sucked... Would you still bother to spend more cash on its sequel?

Definitely not.

For those that think Saint's Row 2 will be better than GTA IV, you clearly haven't played (all) the past GTA games and the first Saint's Row. Either that, or you're a a bad gamer, because you do not know what makes a good game a good game and what makes a good developer a good developer.

I cannot dictate anyone's purchase choices, because I'm getting Saint's Row 2 myself so I can judge for myself how bad this half-arsed Saint's Row series is. Then, I'll sell it on eBay which someone will clearly buy. But it will never be better than GTA in terms of quality. Full Stop.

Last edited by De7erminist; 06-28-2008 at 07:48 PM..
De7erminist is offline  
Old 06-29-2008   #119
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
 
thenotsogoodtrickster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunderland, UK
Posts: 862
thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
If I were to judge Saint's Row 2 by that video, it SHOULD have been fun. Meh, I'm judging it from Saint's Row. Note that I refered to Saint's Row as a series. Saint's Row 2 will be fun, but when it comes to the developers... they're not even close to the perfection of R*, hence my statement.

Same Developers = Same Quality of Work

Don't you get it?

Besides, it has already been a long time since any game ever got a 10/10 from MULTIPLE reviewers. What makes you think that a "wannabe" tittle that comes along a few months later will succeed in getting 11/10 review scores? As far as I know, there are no reviewers who will give such scores. Saint's Row 2, for its same city and poor graphics, would have only scored a 9 if it even was BETTER than GTA IV in the other areas.

Saint's Row will only be better than GTA when it gets developed by some delevopers that take their work seriously, like Real Time Worlds, for example. Or Blizzard. Once bitten, twice shy. If you have already wasted money on the first Saint's Row, and that sucked... Would you still bother to spend more cash on its sequel?

Definitely not.

For those that think Saint's Row 2 will be better than GTA IV, you clearly haven't played (all) the past GTA games and the first Saint's Row. Either that, or you're a a bad gamer, because you do not know what makes a good game a good game and what makes a good developer a good developer.

I cannot dictate anyone's purchase choices, because I'm getting Saint's Row 2 myself so I can judge for myself how bad this half-arsed Saint's Row series is. Then, I'll sell it on eBay which someone will clearly buy. But it will never be better than GTA in terms of quality. Full Stop.
Well I liked the original Saints Row, and judging by the fact that I could still get in a game with no problems suggests that there are still a few people who play it. In fact, it looked good to me from the previews, I wanted to get it. When I downloaded the demo the amount of time I waited was worth waiting. And don't go ahead and call me a bad gamer and whatnot, assume all you like, Saints Row was fun (except online, grr.), and I played it quite a lot before it got old, which is maybe a year or two.

Now, to me, you're still prejudging this whole game, yeah the graphics might look a little outdated, but if that puts you off then you're closer to a bad gamer than I am tbh.

And for the record, R* aren't perfect, sure GTA IV was one hell of a game, both looks and gameplay, but in all honesty it didn't suit everyone, I'm sure you've seen the whiners, and some of the members who haven't whined but put up a good case for their reasonings for not liking.

A good game is one that you enjoy, correct? Now who's to say when Saints Row 2 comes out and it has the fun factor of every GTA added together? You never know, all you've seen so far really is visuals, not so much gameplay, well not enough to see how the game properly handles, unless I've missed something. So you could be suprised if you do like it.

Anywho. There's not a real point to this post other than me saying it's wrong to prejudge a game from pretty much nothing you've seen, and then try to state facts like the developers will fuck this up like they did the last one... Yeah. Only thing they fucked up in SR1 was the online, but that part could have been cut out of the game and I wouldn't have gave a shit, so if you ask me, the online can only get better whilst the single player really doesn't have to, but when you've ot helicopters, planes, and flamethrowers, I can't help but suspect the level of fun from San Andreas being brought back.

I feel the need to say that all of the above, is my opinion. Only what I think, don't think I'm forcing soemthing down your throat, which I get the feeling Hot Devil is sorta doing (no offense).
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline  
Old 06-29-2008   #120
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net
 
De7erminist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 590
De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Coco View Post
Well I liked the original Saints Row, and judging by the fact that I could still get in a game with no problems suggests that there are still a few people who play it. In fact, it looked good to me from the previews, I wanted to get it. When I downloaded the demo the amount of time I waited was worth waiting. And don't go ahead and call me a bad gamer and whatnot, assume all you like, Saints Row was fun (except online, grr.), and I played it quite a lot before it got old, which is maybe a year or two.

Now, to me, you're still prejudging this whole game, yeah the graphics might look a little outdated, but if that puts you off then you're closer to a bad gamer than I am tbh.

And for the record, R* aren't perfect, sure GTA IV was one hell of a game, both looks and gameplay, but in all honesty it didn't suit everyone, I'm sure you've seen the whiners, and some of the members who haven't whined but put up a good case for their reasonings for not liking.

A good game is one that you enjoy, correct? Now who's to say when Saints Row 2 comes out and it has the fun factor of every GTA added together? You never know, all you've seen so far really is visuals, not so much gameplay, well not enough to see how the game properly handles, unless I've missed something. So you could be suprised if you do like it.

Anywho. There's not a real point to this post other than me saying it's wrong to prejudge a game from pretty much nothing you've seen, and then try to state facts like the developers will fuck this up like they did the last one... Yeah. Only thing they fucked up in SR1 was the online, but that part could have been cut out of the game and I wouldn't have gave a shit, so if you ask me, the online can only get better whilst the single player really doesn't have to, but when you've ot helicopters, planes, and flamethrowers, I can't help but suspect the level of fun from San Andreas being brought back.

I feel the need to say that all of the above, is my opinion. Only what I think, don't think I'm forcing soemthing down your throat, which I get the feeling Hot Devil is sorta doing (no offense).
No, the first Saint's Row wasn't fun. Now maybe... I said MAYBE... the second one will be good. I don't know. But like I said, I'll be buying a copy myself. I always buy GTA clones, play them, and remind myself how great GTA is and the clones can come nowhere near Rockstar's quality.

Now, why was those whiners dissapointed about GTAIV? Becuase, the features that were announced before release, they assumed it will be added over to GTA IV, keeping the San Andreas features (that were fun only in last-gen games, to be honest).

Try playing Saint's Row, and you might think it's fun. Why? It's not because it's truly fun, but because you get a Deja Vu of a last-gen game when you play it. Just my 2 cents. You can't expect everything to stay the same, things change. I can't blame you if you feel attatched to San Andreas and want some more of those last-gen features (that worked at that time and was succesful).

That's what Saint's Row is for. To fill the void. Personally, I don't care that these people whine about GTA IV, because when they play Saint's Row 2, they will come back to playing GTA IV knowing that the experience is unique to each GTA game and it lasts.

GTA and Saint's Row is here to stay, and the purpose of Saint's Row is just to make the next GTA better to satisfy the haters, because anyway Saint's Row just won't get it right. By the time they got it, it just changed. Maybe we won't want San Andreas features anymore by the time Saint's Row 2 comes out.
De7erminist is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 PM.