Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008   #136
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
That "Redesigned, same old city" argument is flawed seeing as how Liberty City itself is redesigned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
Saints row isnt a rip off IMO, its just another sandbox game.
Funniest comment all day.

Last edited by Lynk; 07-04-2008 at 08:42 AM..
Old 07-04-2008   #137
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Saints Row 2 is obviously going in the totally opposite gameplay direction of GTAIV. If GTAIV had been silly like SR2 will be, then I think SR2 would have been more realistic to help detract itself from the "copycat" issue. I personally like realism better, but i'd like to see what SR2 can do first before judging.
Old 07-04-2008   #138
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_zoo View Post
Ehh Jaytow, many true GTA fans would realise how far GTA:IV takes the series from GTA 1 or even GTA:III.
Saints Row is a good game (read my last post in this topic) but whenpeople get Saints Row 2 they will realise that Saints Row is trailing the GTA series rather then improving apon GTA, you get what I'm saying?
Will people please stop calling the persons who don't dislike GTA IV "TRUE GTA fans"?
I'm a GTA fan since day one.
I played GTA I million of hours
As I did with the other GTA's

BUT GTA IV: is weaker than the rest IN MY OPINION.
Does that make me a GTA hater?

And in case you wonder: NO I don't compare it to GTA SA.

GTA SA has 2 much
GTA IV has to little

I do realise they took GTA to a next level.
But I'm sober in my head (mostly) and I also realise they left things out (That pleased group A) to make other things better (That pleased group B)
Old 07-04-2008   #139
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
That "Redesigned, same old city" argument is flawed seeing as how Liberty City itself is redesigned.

Funniest comment all day.
why is that funny? did u even read my post
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Old 07-04-2008   #140
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimo View Post
Will people please stop calling the persons who don't dislike GTA IV "TRUE GTA fans"?
I'm a GTA fan since day one.
I played GTA I million of hours
As I did with the other GTA's

BUT GTA IV: is weaker than the rest IN MY OPINION.
Does that make me a GTA hater?

And in case you wonder: NO I don't compare it to GTA SA.

GTA SA has 2 much
GTA IV has to little

I do realise they took GTA to a next level.
But I'm sober in my head (mostly) and I also realise they left things out (That pleased group A) to make other things better (That pleased group B)
I'm not calling you a hater, but the truth is that the way people like GTA has changed alot since GTA:III and the fanbase liking GTA has peaked, that is just my oppinion so ignore it if you wish .

Edit: Why do you say GTA:IV's weaker then the others?

Last edited by Johnny-Z; 07-04-2008 at 08:59 AM..
Old 07-04-2008   #141
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
why is that funny? did u even read my post
I did...and GTA didn't invent sandbox games. And first person is just a perspective, yes Doom is to thank for it but not all games coming out after it were rip offs...most of them had great stories (Half-Life for example)
But can you seriously tell me it's a coincidence Saints Row is exactly like GTA? I mean the first game was EXACTLY like GTA..where as some FPS's are a lot different to Doom

Last edited by Lynk; 07-04-2008 at 09:13 AM..
Old 07-04-2008   #142
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I did...and GTA didn't invent sandbox games. And first person is just a perspective, yes Doom is to thank for it but not all games coming out after it were rip offs...most of them had great stories (Half-Life for example)
But can you seriously tell me it's a coincidence Saints Row is exactly like GTA? I mean the first game was EXACTLY like GTA..where as some FPS's are a lot different to Doom

ok let me refrase that then. GTA is paving the way for sandbox games as doom did fps's

what GTA are you compairing SR to? radio stations and about 3 of the activitys are very sinalar but not enofe to say the whole game is
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Old 07-04-2008   #143
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Quote:
ok let me refrase that then. GTA is paving the way for sandbox games as doom did fps's

what GTA are you compairing SR to? radio stations and about 3 of the activitys are very sinalar but not enofe to say the whole game is
No, pretty much the whole game was...A fictional city, filled with fictional cars. Satirical radio stations, being able to modify your car, recruit a gang, being able to shop for clothes, get haircuts..and the mission structure was exactly the same. You cannot say Saints Row was an original game.
Old 07-04-2008   #144
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_zoo View Post
Ehh Jaytow, many true GTA fans would realise how far GTA:IV takes the series from GTA 1 or even GTA:III.
Saints Row is a good game (read my last post in this topic) but whenpeople get Saints Row 2 they will realise that Saints Row is trailing the GTA series rather then improving apon GTA, you get what I'm saying?
I understand and agree that saints row is a total copy of GTA.. No doubt but they are staying on the path that the ps2 trilogy was heading which to me and everyone I know irl was the best series of gtas yet.
Old 07-04-2008   #145
CynicalBastard
Banned
Banned

CynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
this video is fucking pathetic, really. worst video you've ever done.
Best post in this thread.
Old 07-05-2008   #146
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
nah SA was released on ps2 in october 04 and pc and xbox in june 05.saints row was released august 06 i belive. i dont see how saints row fixed or expanded on anything from SA... it was just a new game in the same boat: sandbox. I read the perfect review/comparison of SR and GTA on this site, explaining how both games complement each other. this is true

Saints row isnt a rip off IMO, its just another sandbox game. i think its a really good start to the series. are you saying any game where you are a crimanal in a open world that can shoot peds and jack cars will be a gta clone/rip off? no they wont be. GTA sparked a new type of game called sandbox games. its just like back when DOOM came out, people said any other fps that wasnt doom was a doom clone, years later the fps game was born basicly... i see this for Sandbox games
Ok, let me quote the Saint's Row trailer:

"If the Grand Theft Auto series lit a fire under the a** of the action genre, then Saint's Row burns the whole damn house."

They were obviously aiming for a blatant GTA rip-off. Or, how would you like it better-phrased? Action Genre rip-off?

Please learn to use your inference skills.
Old 07-06-2008   #147
MisterBlanco
Banned
Banned

MisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these parts
Saints Row 2 will frikken own GTA 4. If Saints Row 2 and GTA 4 were both in prision, Saints Row 2 would be the big black guy that murdered 4 people and has a big cock-meat sandwich waitin for GTA 4 , the skinny whitey sent to jail for stealing a car, in the showers and would rape gta on a daily basis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO, Screw you guys!! I'm out of here!!
SR ruules mayne
Old 07-06-2008   #148
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBlanco View Post
Saints Row 2 will frikken own GTA 4. If Saints Row 2 and GTA 4 were both in prision, Saints Row 2 would be the big black guy that murdered 4 people and has a big cock-meat sandwich waitin for GTA 4 , the skinny whitey sent to jail for stealing a car, in the showers and would rape gta on a daily basis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SR ruules mayne
Man, your imagination sucks. You should play more fantasy games like Diablo or something.

Admit it, you prefer Saint's Row 2 (for now) because your imagination sucks and the missions are too difficult for you.
Old 07-06-2008   #149
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBlanco View Post

SR ruules mayne
I find it funny that people even compare Saints Row 2 to GTA IV, its not even out yet. Leave the judging until its out.

I have seen to many posts such as MisterBlanco's. If you want to troll these forums with your fanatic crap, go to a Saints Row forum.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread