Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2008   #1
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Angry Idiot kids blame GTA for crime spree...

Video here.

It's dumbasses like this that get the attention. I like how the lady in the beginning saying that

"I think it's a disgrace. It should be taken off the market. I mean, this encourages children to do these kinds of things...?"

First off, how old were these "kids?" Where are their parents? And whose fault is it they can't distinguish between right from wrong? Yes, let's ban a GAME because it's the teaching tool for morals.

These retards go out and attack people and damage property, then say GTA was their influence? That's their problem. For the few million other people that can take care of themselves, we'll keep our violence virtual.

I'm done. Thought I'd share this.
Old 07-04-2008   #2
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
i hate people, no lie.

"OMGG, IM MENTAL BECUZ OF GTAA!!1"
Old 07-05-2008   #3
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
And this is why Jack Thompson is against GTA. Those kids shoulden't of been stupid and did what they did!
Johnny-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #4
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Those kids are old enough to know better. They are just looking for a scape goat.
Old 07-05-2008   #5
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
yea scape goat is what thier lookin for

your bored so you decide to rob people.... wither it be game influenced or not something tells me all the crayons werent in the box....
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #6
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
they're just using gta as a scapegoat. they're f***in idiots if ya ask me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grittack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #7
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
"In GTA: IV, Niko teach's me how to steal a pack of ciggerette's from a lady's car!"

They look like fucking punk's anyway.
Old 07-05-2008   #8
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
I think it's all a Political stunt aimed at trying to milk R* for more money. Everyday folks like you and me know this is a pile of shit claim. If this crap was true, then all cartoons, comic books, etc. would have to be banned because of content. All of these politically correct fuckers make me sick. Oh yeah let's sue a company that makes a game and ban the game. But we don't give a shit and actually promote beer and alcohol sales. The most destructive product in the market. If you look at the statistics I think alcohol related crimes blows video game induced crime sprees out of the water.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #9
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, JRussell.

I also think people should focus on all other crimes. How many of them are actually media inspired? Probably .001% or some insignificant number. These get more attention I think. Or special attention. There are murders and robberies everyday that just happen. Not because of a game, song, or movie. Stupidity and a need for something. Greed. Don't go blaming virtual reality for "making someone do something."

I noticed they didn't give ages on the kids in the story. I'm guessing they are under 18. I hope they all go to therapy. That should be a follow up story. Make an example.
Old 07-05-2008   #10
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post

"I think it's a disgrace. It should be taken off the market. I mean, this encourages children to do these kinds of things...?"
I think it's such a disgrace. Jack Thompson should be taken off the streets. I mean, he encourages these children to push the blame to [the most popular] video game after doing these kind of things?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #11
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
I bet the first kid they questioned said "Blame my mother....I do." Anyways, I believe these should receive harsher punishments. Especially when they admit to emulating something they've seen on TV or in a game. They think they get off easier by blaming it on the media. They should be punished more for just being retarded enough to take the media messages so seriously. These kids seriously piss me off. I've been playing GTA since I was 11 when GTA III came out, and came out to be a normal kid with no violent tendencies towards anyone. Part of that was having responsible parents that teach you right from wrong. But the bigger part is you knowing right from wrong and the consequences of doing the wrong.
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #12
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Inferno X2 View Post
I bet the first kid they questioned said "Blame my mother....I do." Anyways, I believe these should receive harsher punishments. Especially when they admit to emulating something they've seen on TV or in a game. They think they get off easier by blaming it on the media. They should be punished more for just being retarded enough to take the media messages so seriously. These kids seriously piss me off. I've been playing GTA since I was 11 when GTA III came out, and came out to be a normal kid with no violent tendencies towards anyone. Part of that was having responsible parents that teach you right from wrong. But the bigger part is you knowing right from wrong and the consequences of doing the wrong.
Exactly.

Stop blaming it on movies and games, blame it on yourself! You are just too retarded, kids!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #13
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Why is it that these people who blame game for these events never notice how much of a dumbass these kids are?

If anything is to be blamed it should be the parents for letting their dumbass kids play GTA, or how about blaming the kids themselves for committing these crimes.

IDIOTS!!!

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #14
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Fucking stupid people....dumb parents....When the media hears "GTA" out of a suspect's mouth they make it seem like GTA is made to train young kids to kill people....Fucking media makes a big deal about every little thing.

ROFL @ the guy holding the crowbar as if he was going to strike....
Old 07-06-2008   #15
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Yeh, i remember reading this a while back, seem very dilerious to me to be honest.... i can understand why people do do this type of thing but in another way i cant... i dont think its right to blame a "video game" anyway
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote