Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2008   #106
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
I dunno about you guys but SR2 looks a hell of alot funner that GTA Snore.
Jon P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #107
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
It looks alittle more fast pase.
X-reS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #108
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
And it looks like once the game is done theres actually stuff to do
Old 06-07-2008   #109
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DY View Post
And it looks like once the game is done theres actually stuff to do
A game like Saint's Row is done as soon as you buy it, there's no existent missions as far as we can see. Besides, we prefer GTA to Saint's Row is because GTA has a much mature theme to it than Saint's Row. Saint's Row is a much more childish GTA-style game that acts as an alternative for those kids that think GTA missions are "too hard for them" or for those whiners that think "I would rather basejump of the Rotterdam tower than jump off a Heli in the middle of a heli ride".
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #110
Jon P
Free your mind up

Quote:
A game like Saint's Row is done as soon as you buy it, there's no existent missions as far as we can see.
It's only a trailer.
Quote:

Besides, we prefer GTA to Saint's Row is because GTA has a much mature theme to it than Saint's Row.
Some people like to have fun.

Quote:
Saint's Row is a much more childish GTA-style game that acts as an alternative for those kids that think GTA missions are "too hard for them" or for those whiners that think "I would rather basejump of the Rotterdam tower than jump off a Heli in the middle of a heli ride".
So I guess San Andreas was childish.

Also you type as if you are the voice of the entire forum which I remind you, you aren't.
Old 06-07-2008   #111
cyril
Look, I'm strokin' my weiner

cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
Soccer games existed before FIFA soccer.
Street racing games existed before Need for Speed.

Not seeing your point. SR2 is a ripoff of GTA. This is not an opinion. It is a fact.
You didn't get my point did you?

I was giving you an example that wherever you look there are ripoffs in a way or another. (not only in game wise).
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #112
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
looks good to me...
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #113
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb

Alright, let's break down the trailer.

-Stealing a septic truck and spraying peds.
Kind of like a firetruck with the hose... which has been around since GTA3. But it's poo! It's DIFFERENT AND SICK!

-Throwing bodies
This is one thing that IS actually different. Kind of out there to chuck a body 15 feet like that but whatever. It's a game.

-Dress up like a cop and rob a liquor store
Vice City.

-Streak in public
Ok, your character has no clothes and you run around? WOW that'll be entertaining for 5 - 10 minutes.

-Cage fighting
Fighting in a ring. Ok, not seeing the fun here. I can street fight anywhere, right? I guess you earn money that way?

-Run security for local celebs
That looked like a cutscene from a mission. Again, Vice City w/ Lovefist.

-Base jumping
San Andreas

-Car surfing
Every GTA since 3, but these guys actually made it part of the game.

-Trail blaze and demoliton derbys
Vice and SA again

-Flying
SA

Summed up, it's all the best parts of GTA ripped into one game with some unoriginal extras. Awesome, THQ. Awesome.
dokujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #114
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
Summed up, it's all the best parts of GTA ripped into one game with some unoriginal extras. Awesome, THQ. Awesome.
the best parts of gta that gta has since abandoned, yes
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #115
Polka
Newbie Member

Polka is an unknown quantity at this point
Epic fail, and lol at graphics.
Polka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #116
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Yeah, the graphics really turn my attention AWAY from this game.
But no doubt im giving it a rent.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #117
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
I don't get why are we arguing, this game won't be better than GTA. Im sure all of us will rent/buy this game, but we will not play it as much as GTA. But Im giving this game a rent no doubt, I don't want to spend my 65$ for a clone that has bad graphics and bad physics engine, but this game will be fun.
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #118
-=Pyro-Psycho=-

-=Pyro-Psycho=- has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I find it funny that everyone who is looking forward to SR2 says it like this:

SR2 looks funner than GTAIV.

Wait, what scares me more is that the spell check thinks that is a proper word...
-=Pyro-Psycho=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #119
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Firstly, love your avatar and secondly, they're not updating anything except a few game modes, weapons and missions. The graphics have had no touch ups since the last one - they look actually considerably worse. It's like they made the models and then just added shine and a plastic texture to them (again).

At least with GTA, they introduced a new Graphics and Physics engine to enhance the gameplay. I get it out of pure curiosity and to try out this Co Op Story Mode. Apart from that, couldn't really give a toss.
CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #120
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Pyro-Psycho=- View Post
I find it funny that everyone who is looking forward to SR2 says it like this:

SR2 looks funner than GTAIV.

Wait, what scares me more is that the spell check thinks that is a proper word...

funner funner shet etts relly a praper wourd hahaha, spelll checck !!!
raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote