Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008   #91
cyril
Look, I'm strokin' my weiner
 
cyril's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.
Posts: 224
cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy F Baby View Post
ive never played duke nukem actually....and im also comparing it to GTA IV...learn to type and spell...loser..
hah,
This should help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #92
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
 
thenotsogoodtrickster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunderland, UK
Posts: 862
thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lile23 View Post
I predicted the same for SR1 and it become true.
Whilst that might be true... You just never know, I really think you'll be suprised some way or another, I think you'll either love it or hate it. Just a hunch that'll be more than likely wrong. I didn't really like the looks of SR1 but it turned out to be my most played game since Christmas 2006.

Meh, my point is that you can't really base a whole game on a couple of 2 minutes clips of the game.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #93
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08
 
Buddah_Lova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 169
Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
eh, euphoria pwns that shit.
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #94
Chigurh
Registered User
 
Chigurh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 24
Chigurh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril View Post
Basically what you are saying is ,
Pro Evolution Soccer is ripping off FIFA Soccer?
Midnight Club ripping off Need For speed?
(the list goes on..)

Have the decency to give quiet a convincing argument mate.
Soccer games existed before FIFA soccer.
Street racing games existed before Need for Speed.

Not seeing your point. SR2 is a ripoff of GTA. This is not an opinion. It is a fact.
Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #95
Koolio
 
Koolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 111
Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about
and GTA is ripping off every major action movie ever made
Koolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #96
ARS3NAL SAVAGE
Registered User
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: your local solar system
Posts: 37
ARS3NAL SAVAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
after seeing that video I sort of feel a little annoyed every time roman calls and asks me to go to a show, or I go bowling with dwanye or I go to the comedy club with kiki, it make me feel like I should be going to under ground gambling rings with roman and getting in debt and having to shoot my way out, or dwanye should be calling me up to tell me that a group of guys are invading his turf and he wants me to drive while he takes them out, and kiki should clear my wanted level every time I call not "oh sorry those cops really mean business, theirs nothing I can do, sorry niko"

I hated the first saints row, it felt like such a poser clone, but thats just my opinion, but after seeing that video I might give it a try.
ARS3NAL SAVAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #97
BC Rich
1961
 
BC Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 727, Florida
Posts: 2,903
BC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
Soccer games existed before FIFA soccer.
Street racing games existed before Need for Speed.

Not seeing your point. SR2 is a ripoff of GTA. This is not an opinion. It is a fact.
gta ripped off carmageddon LOL
__________________
BC Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #98
Chigurh
Registered User
 
Chigurh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 24
Chigurh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolio View Post
and GTA is ripping off every major action movie ever made
What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Rich View Post
gta ripped off carmageddon LOL
How does that change the fact that SR is a GTA clone?
Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #99
MurphySk8
Registered User
 
MurphySk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 169
MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
What's your point?



How does that change the fact that SR is a GTA clone?
I believe the point is that everything's ripping off something in some way. The original Saints Row was the biggest rip-off of the series, but that also meant it was the best of the clones. I don't personally think that the sequel will be better than GTA IV, and I don't think I'll be going back to play through the storyline, but for mindless, San Andreas style fun.. it looks pretty decent.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #100
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 183
Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lile23 View Post
There was nothing wrong with GTA SA's online it owned. And I compared SR2 with GTA IV, so take a deep breathe. Well my final conclusion is this, the game will be a rent for me, I will enjoy it for the first hour and so. Then from that point GTA IV and CoD4. Thank you I rest my case.
You rest your case?
GTA SA online wasn't even official and only for PC users.
Get your facts straight before you go all fanboy on us.

Last edited by Sublimo; 06-06-2008 at 06:11 PM..
Sublimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #101
MurphySk8
Registered User
 
MurphySk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 169
MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
Also.. has anyone ever played a little game called Driver? Driver 2? Well, before the series started to suck out loud, it was doing things that GTA III would later go on to make mainstream, and by that I mean a 3D, free-roaming environment. Copying from other developers can lead to better games, or at the very least, competition for the better developer. Personally, as a huge GTA fan, I'd love to see them release something of astronomical proportions as downloadable content. I'd love to see GTA IV offer all these features and more, because Rockstar North does amazing work with these games, and I think they could do it better if they wanted to.

For now, much like Saints Row helped to tide me over until GTA IV, maybe Saints Row 2 can keep me occupied for a while, as well. The fact that you can play through all the missions cooperatively is one feature that has me looking forward to it.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #102
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!
 
JRussell89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 540
JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Excellent point Murph! Driver was the template that III used to evolve GTA from top-down play to 3-D sandbox. Everything utilizes(steals) from something else these days. Developers now are forced to get products online and ready to ship within set timetables that subtract from the creative process. Therefore, innovation and creativity that breeds new style games suffers. Competition drives innovation though. If SR2 sells well, R* may be forced to re-think the realism only evolution and some activities may return.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #103
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."
 
CB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 1,392
CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
GTA IV is serious, SR2 is fun. It's up to you to decide which mood you're in. It doesn't make either game any different from each other in terms of playability. But no matter how hard SR2 tries, they will never beat the Euphoria engine.

The only things I enjoyed in the 1st SR were the amazing graphics and ragdoll physics. TBH, the gangster theme has been played to death, but it seems to easily please gamers with little or no imagination. In SR, you can just run & gun your way through whereas in GTA IV, you can utilize the entire game the way it is designed to be played by thinking things through and planning carefully. I'm not saying you have to, but I feel that's what R* intended this time around.

So if I feel like playing the Story with a pal Online or just causing complete chaos and generally being an idiot; then SR2 it will be, but if I'm in the mood to play a game as though it was real life, then I would go for IV. I quite often enjoy just cruising round, sometimes following a certain car, and watching the world go by, even sometimes on foot, casually strolling around, taking in the sights and just generally enjoying myself.

In summary SR2 if I want to be a complete and utter maniac; but GTA IV if I want to play realistically (if that makes sense).
CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #104
BC Rich
1961
 
BC Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 727, Florida
Posts: 2,903
BC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
What's your point?



How does that change the fact that SR is a GTA clone?
you criticize it because it copied gta. but i don't see you criticizing gta for taking shit from other games as well, is basically what we're saying
__________________
BC Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #105
gta4crazy1
zane
 
gta4crazy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 453
gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
im excited about this gae. the first was awesome in my opinion. i will get the second
gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 AM.