Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2008   #76
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lile23 View Post
What Im trying to say here, people thinking this game will be better than GTA IV, dude did you see SR1's online how long it took to get a match started? Most of my friends on my list told me they stopped playing after 2 days and they said they copying too much of GTA, so SR2 will be the same just with like 4-5 more features. Their physics engine sucks, for example, look at the scene where the guy tosses his friend and he gets hit my a train, all the guy does is just gets hit and carried away, no blood no anything. Now when you get hit by a train in IV you die instantly with great motion and with different motion each time, tbh the Swing toss glitch on IV is funner than anything I've ever done.

EDIT: And I like saints row a little, why you think I have it. But they copy GTA too damn much now they think they can compare with GTA IV, fuck naw, and how you gona tell me what I hate?
Did you see GTA SA's online?
No? Exactly...

Don't compare SR1 with GTAIV...
Old 06-06-2008   #77
Chigurh

Chigurh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child. View Post
Basiclly what people are saying is fuck saints row just for the fact that it is not GTA.
No they're saying fuck Saints Row for the fact that its blatantly ripping off GTA and not even trying to hide it. At least True Crime and Driver made attempts to shake things up in terms of the gameplay.
Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #78
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Wow... that game looks really awesome. I mean, REALLY awesome. Lets hope they made the driving better and then its a must buy for me.
Old 06-06-2008   #79
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimo View Post
Did you see GTA SA's online?
No? Exactly...

Don't compare SR1 with GTAIV...
There was nothing wrong with GTA SA's online it owned. And I compared SR2 with GTA IV, so take a deep breathe. Well my final conclusion is this, the game will be a rent for me, I will enjoy it for the first hour and so. Then from that point GTA IV and CoD4. Thank you I rest my case.
Old 06-06-2008   #80
grantheftautumn
Newbie Member

grantheftautumn is an unknown quantity at this point
All I'm going to say is if you guys (and girls) were hyped about the trailers for GTA4 and let down when you actually played the game, can you really expect anything different from SR2? You can't judge a game by its trailers (apparantly) because there are so many things you have to factor in such as: controls, cinematics, gameplay, storyline, etc. GTA's story was more reallistic than the previous games in the series which made it, for me at least, more enjoyable in the long-run.
grantheftautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #81
Koolio

Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about
Gta 4 didnt show any gameplay trailers, and sr2 did so theres one big difference
Old 06-06-2008   #82
grantheftautumn
Newbie Member

grantheftautumn is an unknown quantity at this point
You do strike up a good punt. However, SR2's developer, THQ, has been known in the passed to lack in control schemes that fit the players' formality and hopes. Controls schemes are important to factor into the game to help players feel more comfortable in hopes that they get more involved in whatever game they are playing.
grantheftautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #83
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolio View Post
Gta 4 didnt show any gameplay trailers, and sr2 did so theres one big difference
If they didn't show any gameplay footage then how come we seen all those cop chases and shoot scenes?
Old 06-06-2008   #84
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantheftautumn View Post
You do strike up a good punt. However, SR2's developer, THQ, has been known in the passed to lack in control schemes that fit the players' formality and hopes. Controls schemes are important to factor into the game to help players feel more comfortable in hopes that they get more involved in whatever game they are playing.
Now I thought Saints Row had a pretty good control scheme, easy to get a hang of and felt comfortable. I also quite liked the aim where you're looking scheme, that you didn't have to hold a button to aim. Worked nicely with the fast-paced action.

Saints Row was generally a good game I must admit, whether or not's it's ripping off GTA completely I can't really say, but for me it certainly pulled it off. Now it's weak point: the driving. In my opinion it sucked, and didn't seem to have any physics in them, considering you could drive up a building.

The even worse side for me is that the snippets of driving you see in SR2, looks identical to SR1. And to top it off, the graphics look like they've been downgraded rather than upgraded.

To end this post (this section at least, one more to go), SR2 looks like fun, over the top, crazy senseless fun. Something that GTA SA was (which I liked btw).

Lile, I feel the need to bring this up... You say you'll rent it and enjoy it for an hour. How can you say that? How can you make that prediction? And if you're gonna enjoy it for an hour then it's not really worth the rent, is it?
Old 06-06-2008   #85
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Coco View Post
Now I thought Saints Row had a pretty good control scheme, easy to get a hang of and felt comfortable. I also quite liked the aim where you're looking scheme, that you didn't have to hold a button to aim. Worked nicely with the fast-paced action.

Saints Row was generally a good game I must admit, whether or not's it's ripping off GTA completely I can't really say, but for me it certainly pulled it off. Now it's weak point: the driving. In my opinion it sucked, and didn't seem to have any physics in them, considering you could drive up a building.

The even worse side for me is that the snippets of driving you see in SR2, looks identical to SR1. And to top it off, the graphics look like they've been downgraded rather than upgraded.

To end this post (this section at least, one more to go), SR2 looks like fun, over the top, crazy senseless fun. Something that GTA SA was (which I liked btw).

Lile, I feel the need to bring this up... You say you'll rent it and enjoy it for an hour. How can you say that? How can you make that prediction? And if you're gonna enjoy it for an hour then it's not really worth the rent, is it?
I predicted the same for SR1 and it become true.

Last edited by .LiLe.; 06-06-2008 at 02:55 PM..
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #86
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
I feel that it is worth a rent. Maybe even a buy. Yes, I am a GTA fanboy, but this loks like a great game. I wouldn't say this is better than GTA because if it weren't for GTA there would be no Saint's Row.
Old 06-06-2008   #87
Weezy F Baby
Tha Beast of GTA
Newbie Member

Weezy F Baby can only hope to improve
this game looks like a game for those little kids that are playing gta iv..a bunch of pointless stupidness thats not realistic..sprayong shit on pple...thats the dumbest shit ever imo
Old 06-06-2008   #88
cyril
Look, I'm strokin' my weiner

cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
No they're saying fuck Saints Row for the fact that its blatantly ripping off GTA and not even trying to hide it. At least True Crime and Driver made attempts to shake things up in terms of the gameplay.

Basically what you are saying is ,
Pro Evolution Soccer is ripping off FIFA Soccer?
Midnight Club ripping off Need For speed?
(the list goes on..)

Have the decency to give quiet a convincing argument mate.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #89
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy F Baby View Post
this game looks like a game for those little kids that are playing gta iv..a bunch of pointless stupidness thats not realistic..sprayong shit on pple...thats the dumbest shit ever imo

It's a video game. We can't things be silly? I bet you think Duke Nukem Forever is gonna suck too becuz u kil bick monstars wit bick wapons wtf.
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #90
Weezy F Baby
Tha Beast of GTA
Newbie Member

Weezy F Baby can only hope to improve
ive never played duke nukem actually....and im also comparing it to GTA IV...learn to type and spell...loser..