Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2008   #61
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
wow, i have to admit, that looks awesome as fuck.

what's with the arguing here? GTA IV was a great game. SR2 looks to be a good game as well. Although I doubt it'll top the GTA IV review scores.

GTA IV is immensely fun and SR2 looks fun as well. That's all there is to it. No point of comparing 2 games which are totally different.

grimmy is a gay icon

Last edited by oppar; 06-06-2008 at 03:15 AM..
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #62
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
C'mon, everyone. I believe SA and VC had better graphics than SRII and yet had the same features that was advertised. Go back to playing SA if you think GTA IV is bad. C'mon, GTA IV is still one of the best games out there, and it really provides you with lots of quality entertainment.

For a sanbox game, fun is only limited by your creativity and imagination. The bowling and sorts in IV are not part of freeroaming at all, they are part of the sidemissions. I'm pretty sure I can push a ped onto the train tracks in IV and it looks much more fun than in SRII. Jumping off a Heli of the Rotterdam tower is also much more thrilling than basejumping with poor physics. I would also rather throw molotov cocktails at pedestrians and watch them burn rather than "Streaking".

For those that hated GTA IV, you either have poor imagination/creativity or haven't completed the game 100% and played through the multiplayer modes, because I'm sure many of the missions are much more fun than your average "Action" seen in the SRII trailer. Three Leaf Clover, anybody?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #63
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic View Post
wow, i have to admit, that looks awesome as fuck.

what's with the arguing here? GTA IV was a great game. SR2 looks to be a good game as well. Although I doubt it'll top the GTA IV review scores.

GTA IV is immensely fun and SR2 looks fun as well. That's all there is to it. No point of comparing 2 games which are totally different.
Thats perfectly explained right there...I can't wait till SR2 comes out, watch all you goons stop playing after a few days. I my self is renting the game, I bought SR1 and I was bored out of my mind after 3-4 hours.
Old 06-06-2008   #64
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lile23 View Post
Thats perfectly explained right there...I can't wait till SR2 comes out, watch all you goons stop playing after a few days. I my self is renting the game, I bought SR1 and I was bored out of my mind after 3-4 hours.
This wasnt the case for me and many of my friends..

I have got over 600 gamerscores from it and complete it three times.

Everything you post seems to be done quickly and with a great amount of rage...
"watch all you goons stop playing after a few days"..... How can you say this? Because you don't like saints row that means that no one will or could possibly play it for more than a few days?
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #65
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytow View Post

"watch all you goons stop playing after a few days"..... How can you say this? Because you don't like saints row that means that no one will or could possibly play it for more than a few days?
And because you don't like GTA4 doesn't mean everyone else doesn't too.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #66
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Saints Row 1 kept me busy for hours, actually days.
And i STILL play it til this day.
Dont call me a fan-boy here, but i'm pretty sure SR2 is for kids who are around 13-15 years of age.
It might be rated Teen for Fun, and Joy, and Happiness.

GTAIV has more of a serious side to it, with its in-depth storyline and graphics.
So my choice: GTA:IV>SR2.
End of my disscusion.
Old 06-06-2008   #67
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Great trailer.
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #68
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Bleh, I think it's majorly lame taking the piss out of a game which inspired 80-90% of the first game. I might give this game a rent I dunno, but I'll be damned if I would pay full price for a clone, no matter how bad IV was in the replayability departments.
Saints Row was good and filled a void that was missing until IV came out, I bought it and I enjoyed it, but this one looks like more of the same.
Old 06-06-2008   #69
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
Saints Row 2 looks quite promising. I believe it's fallen victim to a bad advertising campaign. The fact that it directly rips on GTA IV just pisses many people off, hence less people will buy it.Possibly good game,stupid advertising campaign.
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #70
Kwestyung
Newbie Member

Kwestyung is an unknown quantity at this point
Why do people automatically think that if you don't like GTA IV or you were disappointed by it, that you hate I all things GTA. I still love the GTA series but IV was a step back for me in the fun department. I really don't care about the storyline because after that is over you really don't have anything to do. I just don't understand why R* left so much stuff out. But I still love the GTA series but IV... not so much.
Kwestyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #71
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytow View Post

What Im trying to say here, people thinking this game will be better than GTA IV, dude did you see SR1's online how long it took to get a match started? Most of my friends on my list told me they stopped playing after 2 days and they said they copying too much of GTA, so SR2 will be the same just with like 4-5 more features. Their physics engine sucks, for example, look at the scene where the guy tosses his friend and he gets hit my a train, all the guy does is just gets hit and carried away, no blood no anything. Now when you get hit by a train in IV you die instantly with great motion and with different motion each time, tbh the Swing toss glitch on IV is funner than anything I've ever done.

EDIT: And I like saints row a little, why you think I have it. But they copy GTA too damn much now they think they can compare with GTA IV, fuck naw, and how you gona tell me what I hate?

Last edited by .LiLe.; 06-06-2008 at 10:01 AM..
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #72
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
I for one am looking forward to this game.
You can bash me as much as you want.
But I'll probably play it more than GTA.
Ok the shit stuff looks stupid but that isn't the entire game is it?

And before you go "FUCK YOU GTA HATER", well I've played gta since GTA I (Yes I'm that old) and loved every single one of them.
GTA IV left out the crazy "fun" stuff. The stuff that made me play even after I finished the storyline.
And SR2 will bring that back.
I could care less bout graphics.

This game looks like alot of fun!
Old 06-06-2008   #73
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
I might download this at best, depending on what peoples reviews are and other game play videos. They are trying to make a GTA game with softcore Postal elements, but not quite making it. If SR2 makes $310 million on its first day, I will eat my copy of GTA IV.

They know people will be comparing their game so I think they figured, "Fuck it, why not go to full mile and straight up show the 'boring' elements of GTA IV, in comparison with our entire game"

The storyline, voice acting, graphics and other things will be pale in comparison to GTA IV.
Old 06-06-2008   #74
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic View Post
what's with the arguing here?
The arguing is due to the fact that opinions and internets do not mix at all. People fail to notice the difference between fact and opinions, and then hate someone else for stating their opinion.

As evident by this comment: "Heres another smart ass, dude SR2 looks shitty and you know it."

Hmm.

Even if I agree it doesn't look great graphically, the amount of games I've played that were awesome with shit graphics is quite amazing. Pro Evolution Soccer is a good example, the graphics never kept up with Fifa's, but the gameplay is awesome in my opinion.

Anyway, back to my original point. Can people please try to figure out what people are saying as opinion? Yeah, there maybe borderline dickery about some comments, but it's nothing out of the ordinary, but some of the responses might as well say: "FUCK YOU AND YOUR OPINION. YOUR OPINION IS WRONG."

Please, for the sake of a thread actually goign somewhere in future, take time to read what was said and try to respond to it in an intelligent manner.
Old 06-06-2008   #75
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Basiclly what people are saying is fuck saints row just for the fact that it is not GTA.