Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2008   #46
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Although Saints Row are in no position to slate gta as it is a carbon copy.. This does look better than GTA 4, not better than GTA 4 looked before release but better than Gta was (this is not a IV flame).

It's true I'd rather go around kicking the shit out of people than go bowling.

One thing I will say about saints row is that it is far behind GTA in story telling.

Then again GTA has fell behind in the whole story side of the game since Vice City, not to say that SA, VCS and LCS didnt have good stories.. GTA IV had a good story too but it was poorly betrayed (IMO!)

Last edited by Jaytow; 06-05-2008 at 10:54 PM..
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #47
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
They show all this fun stuff about SR2, but watch when you play SR2 in the first hour and you will say "WTF, I want my money back, and then you will start to play GTA IV. This game looks fun but its pure dumb shit.
Old 06-05-2008   #48
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolio View Post
lmfbo

lmfbo, when i loook at that, all i think in my head is, Would you rather, play a game with sh*t graphics and horrible physics that is a pathetic copy of the real game , or play GTA4
danhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #49
vyce51
Newbie Member

vyce51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybay20000 View Post
when i have my hands on SR2 i will shit on GTAIV and flush it down the toilet then spray shit on people in SR2 and kill them allll and i really like that you can car surf and base jump this game will be awesome it looks like sooooooooooo much fun and i agree with the trailer.
While still reppin Dukes right like it says in your avatar?
vyce51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #50
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lile23 View Post
They show all this fun stuff about SR2, but watch when you play SR2 in the first hour and you will say "WTF, I want my money back, and then you will start to play GTA IV. This game looks fun but its pure dumb shit.
You say that like you've actually played Saints Row 2. Not to mention you sound incredibly biased and bitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhex View Post
lmfbo

lmfbo, when i loook at that, all i think in my head is, Would you rather, play a game with sh*t graphics and horrible physics that is a pathetic copy of the real game , or play GTA4
I think I would rather play the game that's, you know, actually fun to play and doesn't feel like a chore.
Old 06-05-2008   #51
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
You can also leave.
Old 06-05-2008   #52
Skillet

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glanerd View Post
You can also leave.
I can leave because I have an opinion that isn't completely favorable towards GTA IV? Like countless of others on this board?
Old 06-05-2008   #53
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
You are complaining about GTA IV on a GTA board. Yes, SR2 looks like a great game. And yes, you are entitled to you opinion, but stop complaining about IV. This isn't www.bitchaboutIV.com. I f you wanna dump R* then I'm sure you ca find a nice SR forum somewhere and make friends there. I figure we will see you back when you actually play the game and wonder "What the fuck is this?"
Old 06-06-2008   #54
Skillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glanerd View Post
You are complaining about GTA IV on a GTA board. Yes, SR2 looks like a great game. And yes, you are entitled to you opinion, but stop complaining about IV. This isn't www.bitchaboutIV.com. I f you wanna dump R* then I'm sure you ca find a nice SR forum somewhere and make friends there. I figure we will see you back when you actually play the game and wonder "What the fuck is this?"
GTA IV is a good game and by all means do I not think that it's a bad game. In comparison to other sandbox and GTA games, the game likewise falls short and that's where the eventual complaints and criticism fall in place. I applaud Rockstar for their effort in creating a miraculous, profound, and immersible metropolis, but the world feels empty with little things to toy and experiment with. Likewise, I was kind of hoping that Rockstar would fix other problems that the general GTA and video game community had heavily criticized and talked about that were and have been persistent with the GTA series since GTA III. In listening to quite a bit of the criticisms however, they at least managed to fix and/or improve some aspects like weapon aiming, visual detail, and driving. On another hand, the original Saints Row had its share of faults and problems as well, but it was still enjoyable with its certain aspects even if it's dialogue and script were juvenile. That aside, what I ask is what is wrong with healthy criticism if it can indeed be considered beneficial and helpful in the future?
Old 06-06-2008   #55
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Judging by that trailer, SR2 looks awesome.. it has become what GTA used to be, a large freeroam sandbox fun game, where you can do what ever you want, and more of the 'wow thats cool, how did they come up with that', or 'naturally, you can do that'

GTA4 just isn't the fun game it used to be, because some many of the 'yeah right' elements were taken out...(things like, operating the lift on the car transport, connecting the airtug to the baggage cars, or the semi to the trailers) Saints Row on the other hand has become what San Andreas and Vice City used to be. A, do what ever you want, and some other crazy shit, kinda game where there has been put weight on creating a fun game, rather than a life like realistic game.

To be honest, im confusing my self. When i first heard GTA4 was going realistic, i loved it, and looked forward to playing it. But when i got it in my machine, I somehow lost interest in it quite fast, GTA4 is just not as fun as GTA used to be. Or i've simply grown older.

Im definetly buying Saints Row 2, i loved the first one, so this next one definitely looks promising...

Phill out

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #56
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I don't even think any of us "gta4 haters" said GTAIV was a bad game. It's just it wasn't anything expect from a GTA. What was there was good, but we wanted more than that. It still good enough to get me to play all day, so it was hardly bad.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #57
Chigurh

Chigurh is an unknown quantity at this point
Spraying sewage? Everyone who can legally buy the game is 15 years too old to think that's funny...
Car surfing? Without GTA IV's physics engine it won't be 1/1000 of what it could be.
Rob stores? Been done in SA and VC.
Insurance fraud? Not fun at all in SR.
Basejump? Done in SA.
Streaking? Again if you buy the game legally, you're too old to think this is funny.
Dress as a cop? Done in VC.
Planes? Done in SA.
Destruction derby? Done in VC.
Underground fighting rings? Done in True Crime NY, so SR2 is basically ripping off a ripoff. Nice.

Its a shame that even though SR2 will be 'fun', the characters will all completely suck compared to the GTA characters and that the storyline will be utter garbage. Seriously all of the characters in SR1 were bland and forgettable and the storyline was nonexistant (we want to take over the city because we just do). Some half assed add-on at the end about the police cheif and some crappy 'cliffhanger' ending just made it worse.

Doesn't help that it looks terrible for a next-gen game. GTA IV's level of detail was insane. This game looks like it should've been released on X-Box and not the 360.

So yeah I'll stay with my GTA IV. Besides in terms of multiplayer, SR2 will be will most likely fail compared to GTAIV. I mean who doesn't love nailing your friend with a rocket launcher while another guy slams into you at 100 MPH in a Turismo and another lines up another guy, whose tossing grenades, with his sniper rifle all while law enforcement is surrounding and shooting everybody and then a guy in an Annihilater is spraying everyone with his guns? Yes this DID happen, it WAS awesome, and it ended up with the guy in the chopper getting sniped from his seat and the chopper crashing onto a bunch of cars which ended up setting up an awesome chain reaction that killed everyone but the sniper.

Last edited by Chigurh; 06-06-2008 at 01:57 AM..
Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #58
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I like the art style it uses. It almost reminds me of Team Fortress 2.
Old 06-06-2008   #59
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, dressing as a cop was done in Vice City.. in one mission. My brother and I have wanted this exact feature for a while, and I don't think San Andreas' extra outfit really counts. GTAIV is great for what it was trying to do, but once I was done with the story and explored for a while, I didn't really feel like playing. I turn the game on for a few minutes and I just get bored. The most fun I've had with the game recently involved a possessed swingset and a pile of wrecked cars, and that's a glitch.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #60
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
You say that like you've actually played Saints Row 2. Not to mention you sound incredibly biased and bitter.

I think I would rather play the game that's, you know, actually fun to play and doesn't feel like a chore.
Heres another smart ass, dude SR2 looks shitty and you know it.