Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2008   #31
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
If you're going to complan about something "ripping" off another thing, you might as well quit life. Almost everything you see is an imitator of sorts. The good thing about Saints Row is that it improves upon GTA's formula. It does a lot right. You have to be a child to keep holding this pointless vendetta against Saint's Row.

I like how you bring up how it's not original at all by bringing up features GTA has since entirely ABANDONED while ignoring things like Insurance Fraud, or the fact that when you steal a car that has a passenger in the car you can hold them hostage for big bucks.

Oh wait, you HAVEN'T played Saints Row.

There's enough for room for BOTH Saints Row and GTA, you know. Since GTAIV entirely ignores the fan base that likes to fuck around and do fun stuff, Saints Row is there to fill that niche. GTAIV basically gave Saints Row a reason for existing.
I haven't played it? Check my gamer card you fucking dick. I have played it more than enough to form an opinion on it. And about the ripping off, I don't care if it has base jumping or whatever. I do care however if they're using it as if they had it first, like it's some sort of new feature. In that vid, they advertise it as if it was their own. San Andreas had that YEARS before Saints Row 2 did, don't give me that shit. Insurance fraud, I personally didn't care for it, but other people may. And the hostage deal? I did it one time and thought it was pretty stupid, but that's just me. The way I see it, Saints Row is more of a childish version of GTA. Where you can streak, spray shit on people, and throw people in front of trains for laughs.

Again, these are my OWN opinions. Nobody here is going to change them. So please, drop it.

Last edited by phreak; 06-05-2008 at 07:16 PM..
phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #32
Hazer blade
The Gangsta
Banned

Hazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
I misinterpreted what you said in your PM because your English is very broken. I would appreciate it if you PM me the IP and email of the person who registered with that account.
Okay
Hazer blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #33
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Spraying people with shit?
I'd rather watch TV in GTA IV, that at least has Katt Williams stand up comedy.

Also, the graphics look JUST like the first one, and it seems like there is NO STORYLINE to SR2, its just a run-and-gun game, imo.

OH YAY, lets throw my friends into trains to get money! (sarcasm)
Im sorry, but this game looks shitty. No doubt im giving it a rent, but damn THQ, at least make some decent trailers about a storyline or something, other than ripping on your best enemy. Because that isnt working.
Old 06-05-2008   #34
Hazer blade
The Gangsta
Banned

Hazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerwisniewski View Post
Spraying people with shit?
I'd rather watch TV in GTA IV, that at least has Katt Williams stand up comedy.

Also, the graphics look JUST like the first one, and it seems like there is NO STORYLINE to SR2, its just a run-and-gun game, imo.

OH YAY, lets throw my friends into trains to get money! (sarcasm)
Im sorry, but this game looks shitty. No doubt im giving it a rent, but damn THQ, at least make some decent trailers about a storyline or something, other than ripping on your best enemy. Because that isnt working.
Yeah really that game looks like bullshit what a no rules game fuck this they know that everyone has been bitching so they make this game they wanna try to slander rockstar I hope they fucking suwe dame shitty bitches this is bull everyone keeps saying SR IS BETTTER you guys are fuckn traders.
Old 06-05-2008   #35
jaybay20000
Reppin Dukes

jaybay20000 is an unknown quantity at this point
when i have my hands on SR2 i will shit on GTAIV and flush it down the toilet then spray shit on people in SR2 and kill them allll and i really like that you can car surf and base jump this game will be awesome it looks like sooooooooooo much fun and i agree with the trailer.
jaybay20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #36
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybay20000 View Post
when i have my hands on SR2 i will shit on GTAIV and flush it down the toilet then spray shit on people in SR2 and kill them allll and i really like that you can car surf and base jump this game will be awesome it looks like sooooooooooo much fun and i agree with the trailer.
Then why the fuck are you on a GTA fansite?
Old 06-05-2008   #37
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
I gotta say, Damn.
that looks like a lot of fucking fun.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #38
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazer blade View Post
Yo moma at hotmail.com how is that asshole.

did you honestly just do that?... wow like... wow...

once a year someone who can barely rub two braincells together comes onto this fourm...

and amuses me to no end.

BTW GTA and SR are two different games with two different feels to them... i will not abandon one for the other... GTA has this delicious seedy sarcastic feeling to it. SR has this highly entertaining customizable experience with lots of straightforward humor.

Last edited by Algonquin; 06-05-2008 at 09:04 PM..
Algonquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #39
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Can't say that I'm surprised by the behavior and thoughts of some of the posters in this topic in regards to Saints Row 2. Why do I have a feeling that the ones that are practically dismissing Saints' are the ones that think that GTA is the be all to end all sandbox titles and have only played the original Saints Row for a couple of hours or minutes and stopped playing it shortly after?
Old 06-05-2008   #40
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
I don't hate GTA4! However, I am disappointed. Some of the "activities" shown in th SR2 trailer seem fun. They are definitely what GTA4 lacks, fun! The series has been an established "sandbox" title that allowed so much freedom and absurd options. Translation....FUN! I still play 4 and will continue to do so. I will also add that SR2 looks to be what GTA4 should "have" been.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #41
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
Yes, Saints Row 2 looks like a great game, but this is a GTA site. If you are going to praise SR2 then at least go to OT or something, don't do it in the IV section. I'm not a mod, but I am pretty sure that is spam.
Old 06-05-2008   #42
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
I agree with algonquin wolf, these are two great games (or so i think SR 2 will be) i will play SR 2 to get that wacky gameplay you cant get with the realism of GTA 4. then when i want to be realistic i will pop in gta 4. But the backyard fight club stuff definantly has me hooked
Old 06-05-2008   #43
Hazer blade
The Gangsta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin Wolf View Post
did you honestly just do that?... wow like... wow...

once a year someone who can barely rub two braincells together comes onto this fourm...

and amuses me to no end.

BTW GTA and SR are two different games with two different feels to them... i will not abandon one for the other... GTA has this delicious seedy sarcastic feeling to it. SR has this highly entertaining customizable experience with lots of straightforward humor.
You know what amuses me your mom is still sucking my dick.
Old 06-05-2008   #44
SBW
Newbie Member

SBW is an unknown quantity at this point
LolZZzzZ!!11 DaY C0p13D SaN AnDr3A5 w1f dA Ba5e JuMp1n9!!11! FTW!!1! GTA PwNzzZ!!!1!

God bless you, fan boys. Keep up the great work.

If people want to be a whiney little bitch and nit pick all of the stuff that Saints Row "stole" from GTA and miss out on SR2 then it really is your loss.I am sure SR2 will be even better than part 1. Saints Row 1 wasn't perfect but it was FUN to play. EASILY the best GTA "clone" on the market. The SR2 video is correct. Give me base jumping over watching TV in a video game, give me throwing people over a cabaret club etc.

Wild and outrageous shit= FUN.

Watching TV and going to Caberat clubs= Ummm. Do I have to?

(For the record, I favour GTA over SR but I tell it like it is and give credit to BOTH games. Well not in this post though)

G7a @1s0 PwnZ 5A1n7s R0w!!!111!!1 FTW!
SBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #45
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazer blade View Post
You know what amuses me your mom is still sucking my dick.
Alright, you're gone.