Old 06-05-2008   #1
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
I heart GTA 4

After reading the threads here for the past few days, I've noticed that I seem to be in a surprising minority. I am part of a group of people who (gasp) actually think that GTA 4 is the best GTA yet! The people who think otherwise are entitled to their opinions and I will neither discount or discredit them. I just want to say why I think 4 is just so much more.

1. Scale.
-The city is so big, I get lost just walking around if I don't use the map/waypoints. There's tons of people all around, and the game has come a long way in not having any area filled with "clones." The surroundings gradually blend into Star Junction, or the various housing projects, to the immigrant sectors, docks, and even suburban areas. I had to learn the subway trains, and riding in a cap not using the "trip skip" has never failed to be entertaining.

2.Mission Structure.
-I like how the missions segue into each other. It really makes me feel engrossed when an innocuous-seeming meeting led to a string of exciting missions all carefully woven together. It seems like real life, where things don't necessarily wait for you to get around to them. I like the decisions. It makes me feel like I control Niko's fate rather than just connecting the dots.

3. Characters.
-Not knowing who to trust or who to side with really got to me. I could actually relate and/or empathize with the characters a bit. Even the ones I hated still seemed human. In fact, I never actually wanted revenge on a videogame character until now with
Dimitri.
The smugness literally made me bristle. I cared about whether
Roman would be okay
or not. In fact, Brucie is so similar to a guy I know, I actually called him that without noticing. I'm also care about Niko. I feel his pain. When he feels conflicted, I understand it. His reluctance at becoming a psychopath is refreshing, and he feels guilt for what he's done and at the same time understands that he's gotta play his hand. He's not looking to rule organized crime, he just wants his own little niche.

4. Po-Thugz
- The police are constantly buzzing in the back of my mind when I play. I can't just stand around and gun down wave after wave of idiot beat cops waiting for the FBI. I have to run everytime. I have to plan. I have o look around before I do something, and figure out an escape plan that entails running, driving, swimming, using parkour, hiding and threat management. I have to worry about bystanders phoning in my location and whether or not I should tuck my weapons. When I got the "One Man Army" achievement through careful planning, I really felt a sense of accomplishment.

5. Gameplay
-Everything seems much less cartoonish for me. Despite the over-the-top antics, there is a limit to what Niko can do, and I have to think, and not just run and gun. I have to hide behind things and there are much more ways to tackle a mission than there were before. Even a simple fistfight can be an eye-opener if you get complacent. And two words, "Trip Skip." Repeating missions isn't nearly as frustrating when somebody else is driving.

These are my top five reasons, there are plenty more, but I prattle on enough. I enjoy all my time in Liberty, and I find it hard to go back to the older games for more than just a quick reminder of how much my GTA experience has ripened.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #2
Hazer blade
The Gangsta
Banned

Hazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these parts
Yay you know what your talking about.
Hazer blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #3
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
yeah i really like gta iv. I think they left a few great things for dlc to make it more appealing to people. It wouldnt be smart to put everything good in the game and then have shit next to nothing for the dlc. I.E planes, parachuting, bikes.
" I' am looking for that special someone" who knows "Maybe things will be different". All I'm trying to say is. Whoops wait a second here, "Move up ladies", there we go. All I am trying to say is not "everyone is a rat". "Good lord man, what are you doing"!?!?!

Trying to put all the names of the trailer is to a small statement.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #4
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I agree with everything you stated. Also, I'd like to add that sitting in a Sabre GT with it's engine on just listening to the radio is just as awesome as taking on the police in a Patriot doing barrel rolls just outside of middle park. =D
Old 06-06-2008   #5
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
i was in a fist fight the other day. i saw a cop coming so i tried to run away (started mashing x). a guy tried to hit me at this exact time so i parried while facing the other way and niko bent completely backwards and dodged the punch!!.

something fun to try: call dwayne for backup, and meet up with the holland hustlers. roll to pretty much any projects, and go into the courtyard. start a fight or start shooting. at least 6 random people will have uzis and u can sit back and watch the 2 holland hustlers try to kill them.
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #6
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
It makes me glad to see that not everybody wants to dump on this game. I haven't tried some of those things, so I will. Even screwing about still fills me with wonderment. Maybe the DLC will have something for those people found wanting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #7
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
i agree with all ur statements, GTA is now is alot more immersive, and the whole game is unique, complex but simple enough to be entertaining
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #8
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Characters good, plot good, story progression excellent, character development good, in-game physics great, grapics fucking brilliant, "fun factor" of previous GTAs.......non existant.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote