Old 06-05-2008   #16
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
So has everyone forgotten the fact that nearly everything goes into delay now?

Can someone tell me what R* exactly did to go from the developers that everyone looked up to, to the developers that everyone seems to be shitting on? I'm amazed at the BS thats being said about them over what seems to be no reason at all.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #17
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Look on the bright side, at least it isn't Cancelled like The Getaway 3 and Eight Days.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #18
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
As long as I get some DLC I am fine.
Old 06-05-2008   #19
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I heard that Rockstar North got a month off after IV was released (like they have with previous games I believe), this leaves three months in which to develop the content. Not to mention that a month or two before release I remember Dan (or Sam?) Houser saying that the DLC didn't exist yet, it was still all ideas. It's not surprising really.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #20
Hazer blade
The Gangsta
Banned

Hazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeback209 View Post

Its happening. People didn't get their fingerless gloves so now R* is the devil to the community.
FUCK r* I want my gloves
Hazer blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #21
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
When you think you know everything, you learn that a texture can ruin lives.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #22
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
First part DLC delayed until 2009 -

Source

Looks like we wont be getting it until 2009 then not fall 2008

Anyone else think this is to with what SR2 does? so they can try and better it?
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #23
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Neil beat you to the punch. As for the delay, it was possibly due to financial reasons.
Old 06-06-2008   #24
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Its obvious due to Saints row 2, every one knows its going to be better than GTA IV unless a new citie and activities are released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
I heard that Rockstar North got a month off after IV was released (like they have with previous games I believe), this leaves three months in which to develop the content. Not to mention that a month or two before release I remember Dan (or Sam?) Houser saying that the DLC didn't exist yet, it was still all ideas. It's not surprising really.
This DLC could of been developed for years

Last edited by iKlipse; 06-06-2008 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: Merged posts
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #25
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Tell me? What makes you say that Saints Row 2 is going to be better then GTA IV? Because Saints Row in theory is just another GTA clone, even though both games have good things and bad things about them. Also the delay could of somewhat been expected afterall GTA IV was delayed.
Old 06-06-2008   #26
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_zoo View Post
Tell me? What makes you say that Saints Row 2 is going to be better then GTA IV? Because Saints Row in theory is just another GTA clone, even though both games have good things and bad things about them. Also the delay could of somewhat been expected afterall GTA IV was delayed.
People have got to stop labeling other sandbox titles like Saints Row as GTA clones. It's like labeling Halo or Half Life as Doom clones or whatever the first FPS game was called instead of labeling and identifying them by their respective genres.
Old 06-06-2008   #27
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
california6066 - Don't double post in threads.

Posts merged. Do it again and warning points will be given, you have been here long enough to know that.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #28
SimonS
Pffft.

SimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of light
Didn't they rake in like 500million? or was that the amount of SALES they got
Old 06-06-2008   #29
Offended_by_Everything
Social Justice Warrior

Offended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by california6066 View Post
Its obvious due to Saints row 2, every one knows its going to be better than GTA IV unless a new citie and activities are released.
Yeah, or unless the universe imploded and some people actually stopped being arrogant and thinking everyone shared their opinion.
Old 06-06-2008   #30
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
lol at everybody getting annoyed

what's a 4/5 month delay

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote