Old 06-02-2008   #1
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Songs CUT from the game

Hey all, found an old log for my Radio guide thread and noticed something was off, a few songs that were CONFIRMED vanished in the final version of the game, up to now here's what I've found to be missing that was confirmed...
  • "Runnin' Wild" by Airbourne
  • "Radio, Radio" by Elvis Costello
  • "How About Some Hardcore" by M.O.P.
  • "Computer Camp Love" by Datarock
  • "They Say Vision" by Res
Anything else was only rumoured status, but those above tracks were actually confirmed to be in the game, hell I even had e-mails from Greg Donovan (Manager of Airbourne) telling me that they have a deal with Rockstar to get a song in GTA4. There are also a few other songs, but the songs "Confirmed" and what appeared in the final game were near enough the same, for example, the song "Restless" by UNKLE was confirmed to be in the game but in the final "Mayday" by UNKLE appears instead, another example being Fat Joe, "Shit Is Real Part III" was confirmed but "Crackhouse" appeared instead.

I just thought people would like to know these little nuggets of information, plus I'm just wondering where the hell those five songs above vanished too as IMO they are pretty decent songs and sound better than other songs that made it in.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #2
ARS3NAL SAVAGE
Newbie Member

ARS3NAL SAVAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard that "Computer Camp love" song, its really good. Did you email back that Greg Donovan guy to see what he had to say about the song being cut ? I'll look that song up and give it a listen. Thats one of my Favorite things about GTA, it gets me interested in music I might never have listened to.
ARS3NAL SAVAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #3
Koolio

Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about
Seems to me like they cut all the good ones if there were ever any of them at all
Old 06-02-2008   #4
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
"I'm So Fly" by Akon, Fabolous and Fat Joe was supposed to be on the Beat 102.7 too, but wasn't. Instead, it's on the DJ Green Lantern album that's "inspired" by GTA IV.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #5
Geddes
Amateur Member

Geddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished road
Shame about them cutting the Airbourne song. They have a classic rock sound about them to say they're a new band.
Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #6
Mr.Saxon
Banned
Banned

Mr.Saxon is on a distinguished roadMr.Saxon is on a distinguished roadMr.Saxon is on a distinguished road
There was also a Run-D.M.C song confirmed from early previews that didn't make the final cut.
Mr.Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #7
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Interesting, I can't really see where an Airbourne song* would fit. Radio Broker is the only one that would make sense, apart from stylisticly.

*I've only heard 2 or 3 of their songs.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #8
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
I'm with Savage, the previous soundtracks exposed gamers to music that they may have never listened to. I'm 35 and it's kinda cool when I hear a teenager listen to something old and obscure (other than my life!!!!) like 'Space Age Love Song' only because they heard it in a GTA Game.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #9
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Can I ask a question Ash, what songs were rumoured to be in the game?
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #10
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Actually I have a couple of questions which I might as well throw in too:

How do you get "Ooh La La" by Goldfrapp to play in the strip clubs? I've only heard the Rick James & Mystikal tracks as far as I know. Also, where can you hear "A Real Real" by Naill Toner?
Old 06-07-2008   #11
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
"Ooh La La" After the first dance with the Rick James song it should be the song for the second dance, and Mystikal's song being the third dance. "A Real Real" not sure if I've heard that myself, suppose to be an interior backing song, I've yet to reach Alderney though or check out all of the interiors.

Victim, I don't know now, I deleted the past logs after I pulled out the confirmed ones only, I do remember "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani, "Downtown Swinger" by M.O.P. and that's about it.
Old 06-07-2008   #12
Jimmy_86
Think!

Ah I see, I've never actually had more than one dance at a time. Here's a tiny "spoiler" for you Ash, the Mystikal song is the first one in the Alderney club (Honkers).
Old 06-07-2008   #13
Ash_735

It's the third song played at The Triangle It's a little annoying but keep asking for more dances and it cycles through the songs. Shame they arn't on the radio but I guess it's more realistic clubs playing music not currently on the radio.
Old 06-07-2008   #14
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, I'm trying to remember what VHS or Beta song was rumoured to be in the game. Thanks anyway.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote