Old 06-01-2008   #1
Pom41
Newbie Member

Pom41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Game crashing on xbox 360, HELP!

Hi,

My game has been crashing heaps more. used to crash every so often now every time i log on.

How do i stop this ?
Pom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #2
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Have you downloaded & installed the GTA IV patch?
Old 06-01-2008   #3
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Didn't know there was a patch :/

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #4
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Didn't know there was a patch :/
I thought there was a patch for the Xbox 360 version? I guess I could be mistaken...
Old 06-01-2008   #5
RatedArtist

RatedArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
there isn't a patch, and the 360 version sucked because of the crashing and the pop ins
Old 06-01-2008   #6
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedArtist View Post
there isn't a patch, and the 360 version sucked because of the crashing and the pop ins
My Xbox 360 version of GTA IV has never crashed since I bought it in April 29, and I've completed 100% and played through every single multiplayer mode. You must have had the Xbox 360 with the old motherboard right? I bought my Xbox 360 just a few months ago so I guess it's the new one with the Falcon motherboard thingy.

@Topic Starter: Did you buy or download GTAIV? I'm sorry I have to ask you this, but it's a crucial question. Just to let you know, I'm neutral when it comes to piracy. Oh, and if you bought the game, return it to your retailer. There's this warranty paper thingy in the game case that can help. Read it.

Last edited by De7erminist; 06-01-2008 at 05:45 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #7
Pom41
Newbie Member

Pom41 is an unknown quantity at this point
So is R* bring out a patch or what?
Pom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #8
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
It could be your Xbox....

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #9
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Not had any problems at all myself, if anything, Rock Band has crashed more than GTA, but since GTA hasn't crashed that was obvious.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #10
Doric

Doric is on a distinguished roadDoric is on a distinguished roadDoric is on a distinguished roadDoric is on a distinguished road
Mine kept crashing then eventually the DVD drive wouldnt read it. I got a soft cloth (TV screen cleaner) and rubbed the disc quite hard, i was mad at the time lol, and now it works like a treat again. My xbox was scratching the disc, well it looked like it, but rubbing them made them go.
Doric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #11
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
R* released a patch for the PS3 version of the game, not the 360 one.

@TC: Try playing it on someone else's 360 and see if it works, it could be the disc.
Old 06-04-2008   #12
Evi1d33d

Evi1d33d can only hope to improve
I think faulty discs are pretty rare, it's usually the system.
Old 06-04-2008   #13
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
No, I've seen many cases of faulty discs (due to mishandling by retailers or users themselves).

Oh, and check your time and date settings on your 360. I remember last time my GTA IV crashed or wouldn't on me, because the date on the 360 was set earlier than April 29 2008 or something, I don't know. I connected to Xbox LIVE, then the date got updated and the problem went away
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote