Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2008   #16
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
Hazer, im not trying to criticize your grammar or be rude, but some periods and other forms of punctuation really help readers understand what you are saying.

Personally, i cant recall ever seeing a game that scored a perfect 10 (other than GTAIV). In reality, its actually pretty much impossible. The standards are always changing, and their will always be glitches and imperfections. Its also an opinion based rating. What some see as perfect, others see as garbage. So when you see a rating on a game, you have to take that for what its worth.....An opinion.

GarrettQ
Yeah, that is pretty much true. Take Halo 3 as an example. It got a perfect score with many sources, but when I got it it was so awful I traded it in the day after I got it (Same with Gears of War). A magazine's score is an OPINION! And to add one more thing, Kane & Lynch got a bad rating, though I think the game is almost flawless.
Old 05-30-2008   #17
Hazer blade
The Gangsta
Banned

Hazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
Hazer, im not trying to criticize your grammar or be rude, but some periods and other forms of punctuation really help readers understand what you are saying.

Personally, i cant recall ever seeing a game that scored a perfect 10 (other than GTAIV). In reality, its actually pretty much impossible. The standards are always changing, and their will always be glitches and imperfections. Its also an opinion based rating. What some see as perfect, others see as garbage. So when you see a rating on a game, you have to take that for what its worth.....An opinion.

GarrettQ
True that and yeah a line of sigth thing would have been a good idea.And they took out soooo much like haircuts, climbing poles, Niko's glock, call girl feature, and they build up all this hype yet 45% of the people hate GTAIV they even say GTAVC was better.And 25% of the people that say GTAIV is awesome don't even have the game.I think IGN gave it a 10/10 because they knew it had so much hype and shit that they did'nt want to disapoint themselves so they gave it a ten.

Last edited by Hazer blade; 05-30-2008 at 10:21 PM..
Old 05-30-2008   #18
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Why would you want a haircut or earrings in a sandbox game, if your guy is soposed to be a cold-blooded killer?
And can you prove of where you got the percentage of those people?
And you can still climb poles, they just need ladders attached.
Old 05-30-2008   #19
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerwisniewski View Post
Why would you want a haircut or earrings in a sandbox game, if your guy is soposed to be a cold-blooded killer?
To be correct, in a VERY sandbox game you should be able to customize EVERYTHING (Saint's Row is more snadbox). About the call girls, I don't see that being a very big deal, since the game wouldn't be able to show anything.
Old 05-30-2008   #20
Hazer blade
The Gangsta
Banned

Hazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these partsHazer blade is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerwisniewski View Post
Why are you here if you don't like the topic leave...NOW.lol rigth but Tyler likes to ruin peoples fun so ignore him.
Old 05-30-2008   #21
Elvin D.
RX

Elvin D. is on a distinguished roadElvin D. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLeverette View Post
Yeah, that is pretty much true. Take Halo 3 as an example. It got a perfect score with many sources, but when I got it it was so awful I traded it in the day after I got it (Same with Gears of War). A magazine's score is an OPINION! And to add one more thing, Kane & Lynch got a bad rating, though I think the game is almost flawless.
Grenades? A.I? Story Writing? But seriously Grenades acted as if you were throwing a softball that was filled with water. I HATED kane and Lynch way too fucking annoying, I couldn't beat it without being co-op. Cuban Level WORST LEVEL EVER. But you are right magazines give opinion scores, on in the kane and lynch score... they were right with the score
Old 05-30-2008   #22
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Hazer blade - You obviously haven't been around and played GTA since its very first game in 1997 to actually appreciate the massive improvements made. Unlike a lot of GTA vets here, you just don't notice it. I got GTA back in 1997 for PC shortly after its release and GTA has been the favorite ever since then. I own every single GTA since 1997.

You really need to realize the improvements made to appreciate it.
Old 05-30-2008   #23
Hazer blade
The Gangsta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Hazer blade - You obviously haven't been around and played GTA since its very first game in 1997 to actually appreciate the massive improvements made. Unlike a lot of GTA vets here, you just don't notice it. I got GTA back in 1997 for PC shortly after its release and GTA has been the favorite ever since then. I own every sing

Stay to the topic okay and I own GTA2, GTA3, GTAVC, GTASA, and GTAIV.So I don't think you need to tell me how to appreciate something but thanks anyway
Old 05-30-2008   #24
Elvin D.
RX

Elvin D. is on a distinguished roadElvin D. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazer blade View Post
Stay to the topic okay and I own GTA2, GTA3, GTAVC, GTASA, and GTAIV.So I don't think you need to tell me how to appreciate something but thanks anyway
Nice to know your attitude is of an 8 yearold troller... I got all GTAs also and I love all the improvements, Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you don't deserve one. Yes I hate the fact that they took several things that I love out, but it's still a lovable game. And the fact that one of the reasons why you hate the game because they took out gloves is basically pathetic

Last edited by Elvin D.; 05-30-2008 at 10:40 PM..
Old 05-30-2008   #25
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hazer blade - You obviously haven't been around and played GTA since its very first game in 1997 to actually appreciate the massive improvements made. Unlike a lot of GTA vets here, you just don't notice it. I got GTA back in 1997 for PC shortly after its release and GTA has been the favorite ever since then. I own every single GTA since 1997.

Nuff said right there.
Old 05-30-2008   #26
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
@ OP: I think you belong here: http://developer.saintsrow.com/forums/
Old 05-30-2008   #27
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazer blade View Post
I think you should check his member group...

I think he was very well on topic and giving his oppinion.
Old 05-30-2008   #28
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I find it funny how you are telling me to stay on topic, you have more posts than anyone else here that isn't related to GTA IV not deserving a 10/10 rating. Your lucky I haven't given you a warning for content-less post so far.

If you own every GTA since GTA: 2, then you should come to realize and stop complaining on Rockstar's efforts. If you want customizable characters, then go to a Saints Row forum. Rockstar made GTA IV like this for a reason, to keep the rags and immigrant theme to the game. Lots of other features were taken out due to lack of disc space or it was unfinished. About the gloves, someone said the Xbox 360 version couldn't handle the textures.

No game is really worth a 10/10 cause they all have flaws. GTA IV has a few bugs and glitches, my GTA IV last night froze up and my PS3 no longer reads discs so I have to fix the problem. If you expected GTA to be 100% perfect then you are expecting way to much.

Now guys, stay on topic or this thread will be closed.
Old 05-30-2008   #29
Hazer blade
The Gangsta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin D. View Post
Nice to know your attitude is of an 8 yearold troller... I got all GTAs also and I love all the improvements, Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you don't deserve one. Yes I hate the fact that they took several things that I love out, but it's still a lovable game. And the fact that one of the reasons why you hate the game because they took out gloves is basically pathetic
God are you 11 I did'nt say I hate the game now did I and why don't I deserve an opinion you guys are assholes that all you don't like me so you going to say stuff about my grammer and call me pathetic.Why because of what I said, stop being childish as I said before GTFO if you don't like the topic.
Old 05-30-2008   #30
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Ditto that... again, he said it all...I boldy go where GTA takes me,an its all a 10.